The saurian-hit-and-run skrimmsher!!!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

darksteel

The saurian-hit-and-run skrimmsher!!!

Post by darksteel »

I like all the factions.... that is why I am mking a strategie guide, but 1 unit out of all the factions for stands out. The sairian skrimmsher.

I want tio make an accurate guide but I find it challangenging to tell them about the saurian and how to beat ti because it may not be correct.

I honestly think the saurian should lose 1 strike in melee combat. So it only hits 3 times. I might make it more balanced. Or maybe like all skrimmishers have bad resistances.

If this topic should be moved to ideas please tell me. I wasn't exactly sure where to place it. :oops:
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

(O) FWRA!!

This is a pretty dangerous subject.

And, the skirmisher isn't that super-elite anymore, as it lost speed.
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

I know..... but still. All skrimmishers have bad reistances. What excludes this one. :)
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

darksteel wrote:I know..... but still. All skrimmishers have bad reistances. What excludes this one. :)
Well, those elusivefeet skirmishers (fencer and levelups, and rogue + assassin) have worse resistances against physical attacks, but better against fire and cold. Skirmisher's only positive resistances are against pierce, and even then only 10%. Not very huge.

Elusivefeet have good defences in forests, villages and hills and mountains, better than the saurian has anywhere. The saurian is a lot worse on villages, better in swamps, worse in forests and hills.

And, the saurians have less hp at every level than their human counterparts, and aren't any faster than other skirmishers anymore.
telly

Post by telly »

Saurians are vulnerable to cold and fire and have much lower base hp than fencers too and worse defence as well. Unless your opponent is very careless (includes most people on multiplayer, I know) they just aren't that good. Even on a desert map you'd be better served by fighters and burners.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

telly wrote:Saurians are vulnerable to cold and fire and have much lower base hp than fencers too and worse defence as well. Unless your opponent is very careless (includes most people on multiplayer, I know) they just aren't that good. Even on a desert map you'd be better served by fighters and burners.
Some saurians will really make that pack more effective. With 60% defence and skirmisher they'd be faster and with better defence there.

At night they'd be great for some assassinations.