Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Post by Disto »

Turin can you change the Marauders from Lawful, they are raiders, either neutral or chaotic, personally i feel neutral, at least for the Axeman line.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Sure. I think that the Aragwaithi should be neutral, and the Marauders chaotic. Once the server will let me, I'll upload a version with those changes, plus with some of the Lavinian units animated.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

Make the axeman line neutral though, you know the background against them and as they aren't the average raiders of the marauders i feel it is justified.
Creator of the Marauders
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

OK, so, I've released 0.4. It made those changes you mentioned, and included animation for the Legionnaire and the Nemidian Horseman-Champion.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

Excellent, i'm looking forward to trying it in the morning, for the entirety of tomorrow morning i'm planning on working on this, hopefully i won't wake up at 10 again :lol:

The crushers down so the animated unit count is 1/12.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Well actually i woke up at 11 so not going to bother.
Creator of the Marauders
Faello

Post by Faello »

Well, I played this 0.4 era on the Smalloff map ( 3 vs 3 ), and I can say that:

- units are really good looking
- there are still some bugs - for ex. Argwaith Pikemen ( lvl 2 unit ) has the same stats as spearmen ( lvl 1 )
-Argwaith Spearmen damage is too high ( 12 - 2 or 11 - 2 from what I remember ), adding the "first strike" ability to him, makes him terrible opponent for only 15 gp

It's just still a little bit unbalanced..
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

"Just a little unbalanced", you say? ;)

I don't know what's up with the Aragwaith's stats. I didn't write them. Whoever did, they're in charge of fixing the balancing errors... just post the updated stats here.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

I believe it was EP and Shadow. All the Aragwaith are slightly overpowered except the Wizzard which is underpowered but i believe it was meant to be like that but it should be cheaper at any rate.
Creator of the Marauders
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

It was only me, actually.

Compare the Swordsman with the Elvish Fighter. It has a bit more damage, a bit less HP, and no ranged attack.

The Archer, yes, is a bit overpowered. I've raised its cost by 1[1].

The Spearman was a venture into unexplored balancing territory, but it looks like I forgot to raise the cost when I raised the HP, so it became too strong. I've cut back a little on its HP[1], since the Aragwaith are not supposed to have good HP, and also raised its cost by 1[1].

As to the Sorcerer, I balanced it by a comparison to the old Elvish Shaman, which has now been improved. I have upped its ranged attack.[1]

The revised cfg files are below. Unfortunately, the image names probably aren't correct. I'll work that out with Shadow ASAP.

[1] and that of its upgrades.
Attachments
units.zip
(12.76 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
specops

Post by specops »

I'm confused. Where is version .4, and how does one add the unit cfgs to the units folder? I tried to copy them into there, but it says that the units folder can't be modified….
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Don't touch what EP posted. That was just for me to add to the official version, which is available on the campaign server.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Turin: The .cfg files currently won't display the graphics properly. I've been having trouble with that, so you'd be better off just copying the stat changes in (if you can find them...)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

They work fine for me.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

A little while ago i downloaded and found that the found that images wouldn't display so i fixed it and rehosted and put it as 0.3 again. :oops:
Creator of the Marauders