Impossible scenario?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lugo Moll

Impossible scenario?

Post by Lugo Moll »

It seems to me that The Siege of Barad Dur in the Son of Blackeye campaign is completely impossible.

Even if I rush towards the city with a group of wolf riders in the second turn those damned elfs always kill one of the shamans before I can even do something! I'm even playing at easy.

Is this map really impossible or am I just unlucky? (I've restarted the map many times...
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

SotBE is known to be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY hard, I haven't got far at all in it, not even to that scenario. Shamans are getting a buff in the next patch, so it might be a bit easier.
Sorry for the meaningless post
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

Have you noticed that the shamans are your troops, you can move them to safer places.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

Really? I thought they were allies! Thanks!
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

Tell us if you can beat it with that bit of advice.
Sorry for the meaningless post
yeahthatguy

Post by yeahthatguy »

Well, I just played Son of the Black Eye ( or whatever it's called ) for the first time, yay.

Either you have really bad luck, or I have really good luck, because I managed to save them even on the first try. The strategy I used was simple. Keep the shamans on the edges of the castle where they can't be attack by more than one or two Elves. This will ( if you're lucky ) keep the Elves on the grassland where it'll be easier for the other Orcs to attack, and kill, them. On the second round, your wolf riders should get there and form a wall that the shamans can hide behind while you eliminate the remaining Elves. It really depends on how lucky you are.

I'd show my replay of it, but a certain... event later on completely f-ed me over and I was defeated. :oops:
Draconio

Post by Draconio »

If I recall correctly, I did it by making at least one of them run out of the castle into a nearby village, then from there to another village, but it did still take some luck. It was that scenario with the human guy and the boats that I found really impossible, that was a few versions ago though, not sure if it's changed at all since then.
Lugo Moll

Post by Lugo Moll »

I made it now. It was lot easier since i realized the shamans were my units.

Here's the replay if you feel like watching...
Attachments
The_Siege_Of_Barag_Gór_repris.zip
Replay of Siege of Barag Gor.
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies."
-Roger the shrubber
Wesnothian Citizen

Post by Wesnothian Citizen »

I dont which scenario is impossible but just playing HttT, for me The Ford of Abez is very hard even on easy. i want to get the storm trident for my Merman Hoplite making it even more difficult when the sea serpent appear at turn 5. i failed many times. Finally, i use 2 merman figters to bait the sea serpent and his gang to the Li'sar army and solve it, yes, finally... :P
DavidByron

Post by DavidByron »

I don't think knowing they are your units helps much.

I haven't found any combination of moves that will probably save them, but it's no big deal to start the scenario again after just two turns. Irritating though, as it's supposed to be an easy scenario I think. A building up your army scenario anyway.

Btw I recently updated the Wiki page for that scenario so go have a look at it.

The Siege Of Barag Gór

I think moving the southernmost one to the West side of the fortress helps a little. That's all I got but it isn't a big deal. Just get past turn 1 & 2.
DavidByron

Post by DavidByron »

The Ford of Abez is very hard even on easy. i want to get the storm trident for my Merman Hoplite
A loyal one? Grab it before leveling him then. That's lower MP is what's killing you. It's an easy scenario if you just drop everything and run for it. Alternatively a non-loyal speedy one.
DavidByron

Post by DavidByron »

It was that scenario with the human guy and the boats that I found really impossible
To the harbour of Tirigaz

You have to be fast and level up the right units in The Siege Of Barag Gór. Your troll can kill the mages before the rest of your army gets there because they run ahead of the heavy infantry. Heavy infantry and the general have good resistances vs weapons so fast fire using units are a good idea.

Hmm. Fast fire using, orc army... hmm....[/url]
garak

Post by garak »

Ther is suppost to be a signpost in the northwest ,but i dont have .or i have to free the prisoners before the signpost appear?
vetgirig

Post by vetgirig »

garak wrote:Ther is suppost to be a signpost in the northwest ,but i dont have .or i have to free the prisoners before the signpost appear?
You have to stop the siege first if I recall correctly. So kill all enemies near the city.
garak

Post by garak »

I kill all enemy leaders that works but thanks