Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Disto »

THE IMPERIAL ERA

The Imperial Era is an Era set in the Second Age of the world of Orbivm. This is a setting completely different from that of Wesnoth.

Fittingly, then, the Imperial Era contains seven all-new factions*.
  • The Lavinian Legion
    The Marauders
    The Arendians

The Wild Elves
    The Frost Elves

The Cavernei

The Gentes Orcorum

The Orbivm forums are located at http://www.exong.net/orbivm/forum/index.php
The Orbivm wiki is located at http://orbivm.a.wiki-site.com/index.php/Main_Page?

Note that, while these seven factions are the only ones that will be included in the Imperial Era, there is progress being made on another Era, the Feudal Era, that will contain High Elves, Aragwaithi, Clockwork Dwarves, Kedari, and many more. New factions may very well be borged up and added to those. >_>

*: Well, all right, the Cavernei are essentially the Dwarves from mainline with minor changes. But the rest are all-new, though some may be found in other, inferior user-made eras. ;)
------------

The original post:
Well me and Turin made a Era, which originally was the classical era, and now is the Imperial era. It has the Marauders and Romans both on it. And also it include the Elves and Loyalists. It's playtested to an extent that i can't find any bugs but is still un-balanced. If anyone has any suggestions. It's on the campaign server. Under Imperial Era. It is NOT the classical era or any others, which will hopefully be removed. Also it fully works with 0.9.5 and as there is a string freeze there shouldn't be any updating needed.
Last edited by Disto on January 1st, 2008, 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

I haven't downloaded it yet... but the idea sounds cool :)
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
scott

Post by scott »

I just wanted to say good job guys.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Interesting idea.

But please please please remove the obsolete versions from the campaign server.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Disto

Post by Disto »

ott wrote:Interesting idea.

But please please please remove the obsolete versions from the campaign server.
I've asked Dave to remove them as i don't have access to the first one i removed the old one from my hard drive before i went to delete it. But i'll see.
Creator of the Marauders
scott

Post by scott »

Ask Frame, not Dave
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Please create dummy .pbl files matching the old versions in name, version number, and passphrase, then use the campaign server interface in the game to delete the old versions. The campaign server doesn't support easy removal of campaigns other than by the campaign author.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
scott

Post by scott »

Isn't the problem not having the passphrase?

Frame can do that, though. Then back up your passphrases.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
claus

Post by claus »

It would be good, if you could find a way to enable normal loading. (if i use load i get a unit not found message, load inside multiplayer works (the unit path is inside the multiplayer #ifdef) ).
The centurion should be level 3. (same for the Aquilifer)
Great era.
Disto

Post by Disto »

claus wrote:It would be good, if you could find a way to enable normal loading. (if i use load i get a unit not found message, load inside multiplayer works (the unit path is inside the multiplayer #ifdef) ).
The centurion should be level 3. (same for the Aquilifer)
Great era.
Think about it the centurion is basically as good as a level 3, costs less then 1 and also probably isn't considered as important as the emperors personal guards but thanks. It won't load without code changes to the actual game, sorry. Just go into multiplayer and load it then.
Creator of the Marauders
claus

Post by claus »

Disto wrote:Think about it the centurion is basically as good as a level 3, costs less then 1 and also probably isn't considered as important as the emperors personal guards but thanks.
I know that the centurion is basically as good as a level 3, which is why it should be level 3 (gives the enemy more xp for fighting and killing one, improves leadership).
Also the decurion is probably not considered as important as the centurion, but at the moment both have the same level.
Disto

Post by Disto »

True but also the centruion doesn't have the same kind of background here. Anyway argue with turin.
Creator of the Marauders
unsung

Post by unsung »

wait, since when was it level two?

anyway, as I said before I should be able to playtest it enough to get it balanced ( or fairly close) within a few weeks. it would help if we had an equivalent to age of heroes so I could test the higher leveled units.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It seems my being gone for a week caused some problems... sorry about that. :?

I just deleted the Classical Era from the server; the Imperial Era is the correct one to use.

Now, I don't know who submitted the Classical Era Fixed, but could they delete it?

Also, Disto, could you PM me the passphrase for the Imperial Era so I can make changes directly? Or do you want everything to go through you?

[edit]
The Centurion being level 2 was my fault... I forgot to change it. I would post a .zip with that fixed and a couple other changes I've made, but "the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions."
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

Tell you what i'll host what i've got and then you download that and i'll send you the passphase, i'm not too bothered, it's just i don't want you removing all i've done.
Creator of the Marauders