Play with the Wesnoth developers

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Current CVS tends to change. I think that what you really want is the CVS that is current when the games will be played. ;)

I'm not going to have a computer this saturday, but I'll try to be there next week. My schedule isn't definitive enough for me to know when, though.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

At game time, those who show up can upload their binaries to the web somewhere and provide the link to those present.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Noy wrote:when will you learn you devs that all this faith in compiling will lead you nowhere!
It will lead us to an infusion of new devs and packagers, as it has in the past. :-)
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
KendroKid

Post by KendroKid »

Hi, i'd like to think im speaking for the silent majority -
i dunno what 'compiling' is, no matter about how to do it.
despite this, i'd love to be there,
but obviously i dont think i'll be able to - which is a darn shame!

mmm, more than slightly gutted, and a bit annoyed that only people who know actual 'things' about computers and 'stuff' are able to play! :P

thanks for listening to me moan :)
Down To Find The Undersea Sun...
Down Little Girl, Drown Little Girl.
:)
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I tried to compile 0.9.5, but it appears that Sithrandel's files (which I'm dependent on) only work with Xcode 3, and I have a 1.x version.

So count me out.

EDIT: I was using the files from 0.9.4, will try the ones from CVS :oops: .
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
scott

Post by scott »

Sith's file needs xcode 2.1, but I still had some trouble. I might try command line compiling again, but I ran into problems with it finding SDL.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Try removing the references to carbon.h in clipboard.cpp and SDLMacOSXMain.m. Those references gave me errors earlier (as of this moment, I am still compiling, do not know if it will succeed or fail).

Make sure you save a backup, because the build may depend on carbon.h.

EDIT: compile failed, clipboard.cpp spat out 22 errors.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

scott wrote:At game time, those who show up can upload their binaries to the web somewhere and provide the link to those present.
Now this would be awesome. :D
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I might upload a Windows binary since I will have to build one for Li'sar anyhow. I'm sure if someone were to upload a Mac binary that'd be much appreciated too.

Like I said though, we will probably do this again with a released version (1.0) later. For now we are using CVS, since that's what needs all the testing etc.

Also, we think that users who know how to compile are more likely to become contributors and developers in future, so those are the most important users for us to 'meet' and interact with. (Not meaning to sound like a techno-snob here, but I think that's just the way it is).

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
ryn

Post by ryn »

well, I'd love to join, but I'm working on a powerbook at the moment and never even touched XCode. I might have some luck, but I think I'll just be waiting for 1.0 or August 29, when I get my 'real' machine.
2B |! 2B = 3F
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Just starting for today.

I've put a Windows binary people can play with here: http://www.wesnoth.org/files/wesnoth-wi ... _08_13.exe

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Dave wrote:I might upload a Windows binary since I will have to build one for Li'sar anyhow. I'm sure if someone were to upload a Mac binary that'd be much appreciated too.
Indeed it would.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Well, I think today's games went nicely. Lots of people showed up. Personally I participated in three games and enjoyed it.

I won't be around to play next saturday, but hopefully will the saturday after.

David
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Post by HaJo »

Dave wrote:I've put a Windows binary people can play with here: http://www.wesnoth.org/files/wesnoth-wi ... _08_13.exe
David
Maybe an xdelta would be nice for those people with a thinner internet-connection...
-HaJo
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

so much has happened since I last logged on! I'll try to play Saturday, I'd love to play with the devs. O fcourse I'll win :wink:
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.