Dragonlings?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dragon of Flame

Dragonlings?

Post by Dragon of Flame »

I always disliked when there was a high level unit but no units leading up to it. :evil:
Such as Fire Dragon(my avatar)

So here is my proposal.

Baby Dragon ->Kid Dragon->Fighter Dragon->Fire Dragon

Baby Dragon
Claws (blade)5-2 melee

Kid Dragon
Claws (blade)8-2
Smoke (impact?)4-3 slow

Fighter Dragon
Fangs (Blade or Pierce?)8-3
Tail (impact)10-2
Fire Breath (fire) 11-3

If any on has something else in mind, I'd love to here it.
I still don't understand economy. All our money is based on a shiny rock that's hard to find.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Just a question: how many XP would you need for those advancements?
Also, don't forget that if you have Wesnoth with Elvish Wars on it (a campaign), then you have an even more overpowered dragon (34-4 :!: ).

I had the bad luck to see it on multiplayer... :(
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
scott

Post by scott »

Well, I would have to say multiplayer usage is right out. No faction should be able to have a full-fledged dragon.

That leaves campaigns. Of the official campaigns, I can only think of one dragon, and he starts out as a level 4 because he's a "boss" character.

So... where would you put them? A campaign writer might like to use young dragons somewhere. If you develop the idea and art, someone might want to make a dragon campaign (who knows?). Otherwise, don't expect there to be units in game that aren't used anywhere.

I like the Wesnoth view of actual dragons, that they are rare, powerful, and forces of nature -- minor dragonlike creatures notwithstanding.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

In Big Fish's campaign (I don't remember the name of it), there is a fire dragon. But that campaign seems quite bad actually, it's not even in English, and it is written in an almost bad spelled French.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
King Arthur

Post by King Arthur »

I other words, to get implemented do them by yourself, and if they are great there might be a slight chance that they might use it, and the most likely happen, they don't use it, you'll have to make your own campaign to see it in the game. And that involves editing codes, making maps, creating a history, wich should all be very good or no one will play it.
"Waes-hael! for Lord and Dame! O! merry be their Dole; Drink-hael! in Jesu's name, And fill the tawny bowl."
King Arthur
Dragon of Flame

Post by Dragon of Flame »

Okay, Thanks for your inputs. I am however writing a campaign and need a good artist.
If you are willing to help that would be great. :D
I still don't understand economy. All our money is based on a shiny rock that's hard to find.
King Arthur

Post by King Arthur »

I am a bad artist, but there are some things I can do. Are you a coder? I might do some art if you let me work on the history also.
"Waes-hael! for Lord and Dame! O! merry be their Dole; Drink-hael! in Jesu's name, And fill the tawny bowl."
King Arthur
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Dragon of Flame wrote:Okay, Thanks for your inputs. I am however writing a campaign and need a good artist.
If you are willing to help that would be great. :D
What kind of campaign??

You should check if you can include the Dark Elves and/or the oliphaunt riders or other units that have been proposed but that we have never used.
KING_KONRAD

Post by KING_KONRAD »

:mrgreen: im in if you need ideas for powers :mrgreen:
need a cheat for a game?... than email me at LINK2@37.com!
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

KING_KONRAD wrote: :mrgreen: im in if you need ideas for powers :mrgreen:
If they upgrade to the Fire Dragon, they cannot have powers, due to RIPLIB. (http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesnothAcronyms)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
KING_KONRAD

Post by KING_KONRAD »

sowhat :twisted:
scott

Post by scott »

KING_KONRAD wrote:sowhat :twisted:
So you can't violate RIPLIB.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
KING_KONRAD

Post by KING_KONRAD »

????? :?: :irritated:
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

The wiki page wrote: RIPLIB - Reducing In Power Levelling Is Bad - means that when a unit upgrades,
at least one of its options should be strictly superior to the original unit.