1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Trolls fight better at night. Actually, they fight better at all times of day. Especially when they're led by... well... you've probably heard of him by now.
Attachments
2p_-_Charge_replay_-_1000g.zip
(17.35 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

*Totally* DNPYLID.

Also, I just played a very nice game on Tactics Island, but it refused to save. :evil:

P.S.: This is my map, what do ya'll think?
Attachments
2p - Middle Earth, Small Style, 2 REPLAYS.zip
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Pillager, as a general rule, I don't think we should post too many matches between experienced players and noobs. You versus any of the more "known" players would be nice; I'm sure plenty of people would be entertained. In some of these matches you posted, it seems like your opponents barely know the game.

That Liliput match you mentioned would have been nice for example; (I was there as a member of the press looking for good replays.) but yes I also noticed that it would not save.

That 1,000 G game: I was a bit let down that you didn't stick to just trolls. 8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager

Doc Paterson wrote:Pillager, as a general rule, I don't think we should post too many matches between experienced players and noobs.
Yeah. I'd stop posting these if I could find any experienced players to play with. :evil:
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:Pillager, as a general rule, I don't think we should post too many matches between experienced players and noobs.
Yeah. I'd stop posting these if I could find any experienced players to play with. :evil:
I assume this is a dig at me, since I've had three people come up to me to tell me about your comments about me on the server because I refused to play with you. I had just moved into a new house and wasnt intending to play, but then you go off saying how I wouldn't play you when you offered to play all shamans. If you want to act like a 12 year old fine, but don't expect to get any respect from anyone if you do so.
I suspect having one foot in the past is the best way to understand the present.

Don Hewitt.
Elvish_Pillager

Noy wrote:I assume this is a dig at me
I wish you would STOP that. Everything I say that might refer to you, "Oh it *must* have been directed at me with malicious intent". Seriously! I don't even care about you enough to do that, much less have the personality to. Your refusal came before I mentioned the Shamans, and your 'three people' must be amazing rumormongers for that many to tell you about an offhand comment that came after the real tirade. I'd advise you not to bring second- and third-hand rumors (i.e. "someone told me that you said to someone else that you didn't like that I said something") onto the forum and mix them with completely unfounded assumptions (i.e. "I'm assuming your blanket statement about MP players is directed at me in particular") and expect to produce anything that isn't harmful, much less having any positive value.

I would question who's acting 'more like a 12-year-old' here --- the one who says something angrily after days of frustration, or the one who, upon hearing the remark second-hand, proceeds to insult the first.

My answer is "Neither!" I'm not a bad person, and I don't think you are, it's just that our relationship is bringing out the worst in us. The trouble is, I'm not the one who keeps insisting that we continue.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Noy wrote:I assume this is a dig at me
an offhand comment that came after the real tirade. I'd advise you not to bring second- and third-hand rumors
It's not as though this is some game of telephone, where the truth has been distorted by passing from teller to teller, and it's not as though there could be many different interpretations of what was said. On the server, one simply types words, and people read them, directly. You know that I watched that game, and you know exactly what was said. Is it a big deal? Of course not. At the time it just struck me as bitter and pathetic (why would you suggest such a pointless match in the first place? It's not as though you could win.) Don't you think that arbitrarily telling people you're playing (JS, for example) "I asked Noy for a match where I use only Shamans, and he refused," suggests something? Are you, for example, trying to tell people that he knows deep down that he's wrong, and that he refused the match out of fear? :? Just in case you are COMPLETELY oblivious to the way that such statements are interpreted, let me help you out by telling you that yes, most reasonable people would think that this is what you are trying to convey, albeit in an indirect, somewhat cowardly manner. If it wasn't, then I suppose you're a bit clueless about communication in general. (Another reason that most people would interpret such a statement as slanderous, outside of the obvious connotations, is your history with Noy....It's common knowledge that the two of you don't get along, so really, they've come to expect this sort of thing from you.)

At any rate, it is in the past, and really doesn't need to continue. I know it's not likely to just fizzle and die though, and will likely manifest in other forms, at other times- SO.......

I'm asking that this "discussion," from here on out, be moved to the "Trash Talk/Arguments/Call-Outs" thread that I've created in the User's Forum. A jolly home for bitter rivalries. :D Because really, I don't want this thread to start getting bogged down with anything but the actual match replays.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/paterson/ ... s._Soliton

An entertaining match between Freecraft and Soliton, Elf vs. Northerner.

without your noses.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/paterson/mevsDocPaterson

I thought this had been lost, but it turned out that DK had a copy of it!
This is an old match, and will require an older version of Wesnoth to watch, but I really think it's an amazing one. It's me and Dragonking, Drakes vs. Northerners. Surely one of my favorite matches ever (it's actually our first "meeting" :D ).

without your noses.
Elvish_Pillager

Doc Paterson wrote:Just in case you are COMPLETELY oblivious to the way that such statements are interpreted, let me help you out by telling you that yes, most reasonable people would think that this is what you are trying to convey, albeit in an indirect, somewhat cowardly manner.
Well, yes, I am, and yes, people are stupid. I think they'd associate it at least somewhat with my immediately previous statement about not being able to find experienced players to compete with...
pg

Post by pg »

Am I the only one who has posted a match of themselves losing? :? Though, more than a few wouldn't play back...
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

pg wrote:Am I the only one who has posted a match of themselves losing? :? Though, more than a few wouldn't play back...
I don't think you're the only one, no. :o
without your noses.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/paterson/Willy_vs._Allu

An entertaining match, Elves vs. Loyalists on Sulla's Ruins.
without your noses.
Elvish_Pillager

The number of LOSERS!!!--- I mean people who post replays of them losing, increases by one. This was a fun game.
Attachments
2p_-_Strategy_Island_replay.zip
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
ihsan

Post by ihsan »

Elvish Pillager wrote:The number of LOSERS!!!--- I mean people who post replays of them losing, increases by one. This was a fun game.
well, this is not playable :)
Westnoth is ruled by anNOYing King of Dragons