Iron Mauler

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

sorry but i dont understand
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

CBaoth wrote:I think for semi-reality sake he should get marksmen cause honostly if a mase is being swung at you and it hits your armour your screwed
So you think because he does a lot of damage he should have marksman???
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I just changed the states in the units folder for my personal satisfaction.

what difference does it make if he can screw the undead three times over compaired to twice? He still rocks
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Martinus

Post by Martinus »

I think if you give him a marksman attack he would be overpowered. The only units that can fight effectively iron mauler without taking damage are mages,if you'll give him ranged attack mages will suffer much. Besides it's a little bit hard to shot the bow with a 1 meter mace in hand in full armour:). I think either his hp should increase 6-8 points or attack increased to about 25.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

No one is saying he should use a marksman bow attack. They are saying he should get marksman on his hammer melee attack...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Martinus

Post by Martinus »

Marksman abillity...
I think he will be far too overpowered with 60% hit chance and all those resistances and really strong melee attack...
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Ok him with marksman would nerf all undead, not to mention being darn powerful anyways since it is 2-22.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Tippsey wrote:2-22.
Just HOW do you people MIX UP THE NUMBERS SO MUCH?!?!!?! :shock:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Youm mean it's not 2-22? :shock:

Then how so many things die when he attacks? :?

( This post may have no relevant content whatsoever )
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

22-2 DOES NOT EQUAL 2-22!

The first number means the damage the strike does, the second the number of strikes. A 2-22 attack would mean it only does 2 damage each time, but it just keeps hitting you... and hitting you... and hitting you.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Hmm but it would still deal the same damage if everything lands, *shrugs.*
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
Dreadwing

Post by Dreadwing »

Give it some cool ability(maybe take out it resist and replace it with steadfast)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Dreadwing wrote:Give it some cool ability(maybe take out it resist and replace it with steadfast)
This is a very stupid idea. It's already a cool unit with a cool ability, and you want to take away the cool ability and replace it with some arbitrary ability that is way less balanced on this unit even if it's slightly more cool?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
dtw

Post by dtw »

For once I am entirely with EP and i agree he could use a bit more damage
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Dreadwing

Post by Dreadwing »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Dreadwing wrote:Give it some cool ability(maybe take out it resist and replace it with steadfast)
This is a very stupid idea. It's already a cool unit with a cool ability, and you want to take away the cool ability and replace it with some arbitrary ability that is way less balanced on this unit even if it's slightly more cool?
I guess I didn't write it right i was saying that maybe just give Iron Mauler
an abitity so then it be balnace already with that or Heavy Infantryman line Steadfast and take out thier resist ohwell nvm what i said.