Dwarf = super dodger?

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NightBlade

Dwarf = super dodger?

Post by NightBlade »

i was using dwarf fighting against elf on clash(2 vs 2 map with 3 other players of course) and it took them more than 3 turns to kill one of my footpad with 2 drake burner and 1 elf captain. is the dodge rate abit too high for dwarf? also on other occasion as well dwarf seems to have really high dodge rate even on grass.
Dreadwing

Post by Dreadwing »

FootPad is An Outlaw=Human??I think its all about luck.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

yea but the luck is abit too high, they should reduce it a bit.
Martinus

Post by Martinus »

Dwarves only unit that has high defence ability in the forest and other difficult terrain is a footpad. He isn't strong 4-2 4-2 and he is fast,so as a cheap scout i think he need this defence ability - he's just too weak to fight as rank-in-file soldier
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

NightBlade wrote:yea but the luck is abit too high, they should reduce it a bit.
Tell me too how to reduce luck.
aelius

Post by aelius »

A proposal that might interest you. (I, incidentally, am seldom bothered by the vagaries of the random number generator, but I play very conservatively)

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)
Martinus

Post by Martinus »

Ankka wrote:
NightBlade wrote:yea but the luck is abit too high, they should reduce it a bit.
I think he means defence % :\
Disto

Post by Disto »

No he doesn't he means exactly what he does, he is pointing at how Nightblade is not being at all clear.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Disto wrote:No he doesn't he means exactly what he does, he is pointing at how Nightblade is not being at all clear.
Excactly. I'm kinda tired of people with bad english coming and telling stupid stuff that happens sometimes to anybody.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I would rat5her like for someone to come up with a simple fatigue system, i read the idea somewhere...lemme check.

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Ankka wrote:
just cut head of black chicken, draw pentagram with his blood and write name of person inside, thats alwaves work :wink:
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

Yea people that are learning english of course they have bad english...im trying to be clear, but you guys should point out what im doing wrong and correct me instead of doing that---> try learn two new language at the same time, not every one is as talented as you are.
Excactly. I'm kinda tired of people with bad english coming and telling stupid stuff that happens sometimes to anybody.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

NightBlade wrote:Yea people that are learning english of course they have bad english...im trying to be clear, but you guys should point out what im doing wrong and correct me instead of doing that---> try learn two new language at the same time, not every one is as talented as you are.
I think your English is quite good. Better than most. 8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Doc Paterson wrote:
NightBlade wrote:Yea people that are learning english of course they have bad english...im trying to be clear, but you guys should point out what im doing wrong and correct me instead of doing that---> try learn two new language at the same time, not every one is as talented as you are.
I think your English is quite good. Better than most. 8)
I didn't mean to insult, sorry. :(

The point just was that people come saying things like that even though it happens to anybody sometimes.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

o its ok =) but how come the "^^" sign doesnt come up in multiplayer?