Question

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Borrik Runehelm

Question

Post by Borrik Runehelm »

How do I make a campaign? i saw something about having to have a mac computer in another thread, but im not gonna spend all that money. Is there a way around this?
Attila

Post by Attila »

all you need is love, a text editor, the blank campaign that you can download from the campaign server, and a hell of a lot of time and patience.
Gafgarion

Re: Question

Post by Gafgarion »

Borrik Runehelm wrote:How do I make a campaign? i saw something about having to have a mac computer in another thread, but im not gonna spend all that money. Is there a way around this?
Sithrandel's Campaign Editor was only released for the Mac, but was abandoned because human engineering difficulties (maybe? I'm too tired to dig up the exact reason).
All you need to make a campaign is a text editor. There's a good campaign template on the Campaign Server to help you start editing and WML is documented in the Wiki.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Borrik Runehelm

Post by Borrik Runehelm »

Hmm... seems a bit too complicated, I think I'll jsut stick with playing the game.
Sithrandel

Re: Question

Post by Sithrandel »

Gafgarion wrote:
Borrik Runehelm wrote: Sithrandel's Campaign Editor was only released for the Mac, but was abandoned because human engineering difficulties (maybe? I'm too tired to dig up the exact reason).
Not quite :)

The human engineering wasn't the critical issue, though it was more complex than expected. It was abandoned because no-one seemed interested in using it. I decided it wasn't worth spending the extra few lunch breaks to completely finish it unless it would be used :D
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Wait, your only a few lunch breaks away from finishing it!! Just put in that little effort I'm sure people will use it. I promise I'll make a campaign over the summer with it if no-one else has by then.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience