New Windows Versions?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jkun

New Windows Versions?

Post by Jkun »

I'm in a bit of a hurry, therefore haven't taken the time to look for this information on my own.

I instantly fell in love with this game, I'd like to know how often a new Windows version is released. Not an exact date (lest one exists), but rather a rough estimate based on past experience.

Thank you, I'm sorry if question has already been answered, or if this post is in the wrong area. Please re-direct/scold as you see fit.
Sithrandel

Re: New Windows Versions?

Post by Sithrandel »

Jkun wrote:I'm in a bit of a hurry, therefore haven't taken the time to look for this information on my own.

I instantly fell in love with this game, I'd like to know how often a new Windows version is released. Not an exact date (lest one exists), but rather a rough estimate based on past experience.

Thank you, I'm sorry if question has already been answered, or if this post is in the wrong area. Please re-direct/scold as you see fit.
Personally I'll go for scold :P

The porters spend quite a lot of time preparing the packages for their preferred OS. In recognition of the effort they put in, you can afford to spend some time looking for the info.

That said, enjoy the game :D
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

By the way the first post is written, I think jkun don't really realize what he's asking, and more specifically didn't realise he posted his question between the release of 0.9.1 and the windows compile... :P

ok, so the usuall background..

Wesnoth is released as source code only, the release is announced and then porters start to work and provide binaries for <insert here your favorite OS> so there is a little time between the actual release and the binaries, a time where the devs receive tons and tons of complaints of user missing their binaries on their favorite platform. This is especially true for platforms where few user know how to compile, compiling is hard, and the tools are expansive...

now, for your actual question...

the wesnoth release are actually quite frequent, they happen once or twice a month, I say... however there is nothing like a regular schedule, it's more something like "lot of things to test, let's release..."
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Jkun

Post by Jkun »

Thanks for informing me.
The porters spend quite a lot of time preparing the packages for their preferred OS. In recognition of the effort they put in, you can afford to spend some time looking for the info.
You can tell our attendance officer that. :P
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Jkun wrote: You can tell our attendance officer that. :P
lol. Glad you took the comments in the way they were intended!
Jkun

Post by Jkun »

lol. Glad you took the comments in the way they were intended!
Sorry. :?
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Jkun wrote:Sorry. :?
Now I'm confused :S

It was meant to be a good thing that you took me taking up your scold offer in a light-hearted manner.
Jkun

Post by Jkun »

It was meant to be a good thing that you took me taking up your scold offer in a light-hearted manner.
I s'pose you read into that a bit more than I did.

Edit: I need slapped. I forgot I ever wrote 'scold' in the first place.

Feel free to flame.

Edit: Or not, since I may act like a stoner and forgot I ever invited it.