VC++ Project file in CVS

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

azlan

VC++ Project file in CVS

Post by azlan »

Hi everyone..
I would realy like to have a updated wesnoth.dsp file..

Can someone(like Dave ^^) add it to CVS??

Please :wink:
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|
azlan

Thx..

Post by azlan »

Thanks for the update..

But it's still not up to date..

.\src\ai_attack.hpp
.\src\ai_move.hpp
.\src\game.hpp
.\src\multiplayer_client.hpp
.\src\shared_ptr.hpp

is still in project file.. But not found.. ^^
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|
ugasoft

Compiling Problems...

Post by ugasoft »

Hi all,
I'm a PhD student in Artificial Intelligence and I love Game Programming!
I'm trying to compile wesnoth 0.9 under MSW with VC7...
I've downloaded all references (SDL, SDL_ttf, SDL_image, etc...)
I had some problems with gettext...
latest release is 0.14.4 and it doesn't contain, for example, a file named libintl.h but instead libGNUintl.h
i tried to change this inside wesnoth code and it compiles but doesn't link...

I've downloaded gettext-runtime 0.13.1 where there's not libintl.lib (but intl.lib... I've changed its name inside the project...) and it compile but, during linking, my compiler founds a lot of "unresolved external symbol" relative to t_string and tokenizer...
what can I do?
Can someone help me?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Ayin
Inactive Developer

Re: Compiling Problems...

Post by Ayin »

ugasoft wrote:during linking, my compiler founds a lot of "unresolved external symbol" relative to t_string and tokenizer...
what can I do?
Can someone help me?
This would mean the VS project is obsolete. "tstring.cpp" and "serialization/tokenizer.cpp" are files which were added pretty recently, so maybe the VS project was not updated accordingly. You should add them manually to the project to make it compile.
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

ugasoft wrote:Hi all,
I'm trying to compile wesnoth 0.9 under MSW with VC7...
I've downloaded all references (SDL, SDL_ttf, SDL_image, etc...)
I had some problems with gettext...
latest release is 0.14.4 and it doesn't contain, for example, a file named libintl.h but instead libGNUintl.h
i tried to change this inside wesnoth code and it compiles but doesn't link...

I've downloaded gettext-runtime 0.13.1 where there's not libintl.lib (but intl.lib... I've changed its name inside the project...) and it compile but, during linking, my compiler founds a lot of "unresolved external symbol" relative to t_string and tokenizer...
what can I do?
Can someone help me?
I suggest you compile the Windows version using cygwin... It should be pretty straightforward ;)

Have a try!
Standing With So Cold A Heart... Watching The Death Of The Sun...
scott

Post by scott »

Does this mean you're going to help improve the AI?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Polaris wrote: I suggest you compile the Windows version using cygwin... It should be pretty straightforward ;)

Have a try!
I have tried this before, and it was anything but straightforward. I couldn't get it to work at all....

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Dave wrote:
Polaris wrote: I suggest you compile the Windows version using cygwin... It should be pretty straightforward ;)

Have a try!
I have tried this before, and it was anything but straightforward. I couldn't get it to work at all....

David
That's extremely strange... Although I did not tried it on Wesnoth, I managed to even compile Boomerang over cygwin without problems at all. Which was the exact problem?

However, I must correct myself - usually it is straightforward to compile linux stuff under windoze by using cygwin ;)
Standing With So Cold A Heart... Watching The Death Of The Sun...
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Polaris wrote:
Dave wrote: I have tried this before, and it was anything but straightforward. I couldn't get it to work at all....

David
That's extremely strange... Although I did not tried it on Wesnoth, I managed to even compile Boomerang over cygwin without problems at all.
Actually it was a while since I tried. Some other developers tell me that these days it's easy.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
ugasoft

Post by ugasoft »

Ayin wrote:
ugasoft wrote:during linking, my compiler founds a lot of "unresolved external symbol" relative to t_string and tokenizer...
what can I do?
Can someone help me?
This would mean the VS project is obsolete. "tstring.cpp" and "serialization/tokenizer.cpp" are files which were added pretty recently, so maybe the VS project was not updated accordingly. You should add them manually to the project to make it compile.
thank you very very much!
now it compiles!
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
ugasoft

Post by ugasoft »

scott wrote:
eh eh eh... maybe maybe...
Now that I can compile it, I'll analyse AI code!

I don't hide you that my passion is RTS game (and I'm looking for an open source RTS to study for my PhD Thesis...) but I love Role-Playing and fantasy environment so... maybe I'll turn on wesnoth!

I want to thank all developers, level designers and storywriters 'cause the game is very interesting and I've fun playing it!
SL

Post by SL »

scenario_editor.cpp is referenced in wesnoth.dsp, but doesn't actually exist.

I'm attempting to compile Wesnoth with Code::Blocks, and am getting linking errors.

I imported from the dsp file, and then I had to add back the SDL libs because it didn't import those - Presumably I'm missing some libs, but I don't know what.

Maybe I need to try (again) to get STLPort to work. :?

Edit: Ah ha, no, the project file didn't include several files:
checksum.cpp
tstring.cpp
random.cpp
variable.cpp
sdl_ttf\SDL_ttf.c
serialization\tokenizer.cpp

In addition to the packages listed on the compiling wiki page, I needed to get these packages:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gettext.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/freetype.htm

Actually the compiling wiki page mentions the gettext package, but I only found source at the link it gave ( http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html ). So, yay for gnuwin32.

Hmm. More problems.
C:\rich\programming\Wesnoth\SDL-1.2.8\lib\SDLmain.lib(./Release/SDL_win32_main.obj)(.text[_main]+0x55):C:\public_cvs\SDL-: undefined reference to `_alloca_probe'
C:\rich\programming\Wesnoth\SDL-1.2.8\lib\SDLmain.lib(./Release/SDL_win32_main.obj)(.text[_WinMain@16]+0x162):C:\public_cvs\SDL-: undefined reference to `_alloca_probe'
C:\rich\programming\Wesnoth\SDL-1.2.8\lib\SDLmain.lib(./Release/SDL_win32_main.obj)(.text[_WinMain@16]+0x1a5):C:\public_cvs\SDL-: undefined reference to `_alloca_probe'
I was also getting an 'undefined reference to `SDL_SetModuleHandle'' error, but moving SDLmain.lib before SDL.lib fixed that.

Edit again: I finally got it to compile and link. I got sick of trying to get SDL_win32_main.cpp to compile on its own, and just added it to the Wesnoth project and removed the reference to SDLmain.lib. Viola, it worked.

Now to see if it actually runs... Nope. It wants freetype6.dll. Ah, that's in C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin. And it wants zlib1.dll, which is ALSO in... [Censored!] it, I'll just copy all the DLLs from that folder into the Wesnoth folder.

Hey, it runs now! Nice.

Edit again:
And the code on cvs also needed playcampaign.cpp to be added to the project, but I was working from my previous project file instead of whatever's on cvs.
MCP

Post by MCP »

scott wrote:
I wanted to work on this exact thing, but I'm having trouble finding out any information on what you guys have. Where should I look.

But allow me to introduce myself. I'm an CS undergraduate at UCSC working on an artificial intelligence project morph. I've always been interested in improving the AI of various turn based strategy games(such as Heroes 3, Advanced Wars, final fantasy tactics, etc) and have a friend in the same boat. We wanted work on it for at least this summer.

Eventually I wanted to try morph on this project. Of course my professor doesn't approve, but I'm not trying to publish results, I'm just doing experiments for my own benefit.

I dunno if anyone on this project knows anything about AI at all...cause I have several references and professors at my disposal. I can always help people learn.[/url]
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

MCP wrote:I'm having trouble finding out any information on what you guys have. Where should I look.
At the usual place, the Wiki. See http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WritingYourOwnAI
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
MCP

Post by MCP »

Dave wrote:

Have a try!

David
It's asking me for all sorts of libraries I just do not have. Starting with SDL_image. It's a pain in the ass finding out what these need to compile and install.

Oh well, I'll be better for it...maybe.

Also I'm definitely angry enough at the MVS project file right now. Working on fixing that to.

Current cygwin error:
SDL_image:
make install:... IMG_jpg.c:35:21: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory

So I go check out the sdl image documentation:
http://jcatki.no-ip.org/SDL_image/SDL_image_frame.html
says I need JPEG library:
http://www.ijg.org/
So I go get it, no ./autogen.sh, so I ./configure sucessfully, then I make, no probs(no make cygwin), then I make install, and it crashes:
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./cjpeg.1 /usr/local/man/man1/cjpeg.1
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/man/man1/cjpeg.1': No such file or directory

However, cjpeg.1 is in the directory I am in...

My question boils down to: wtf?

edit:
I did do a make test without complaints.
A good question might be, how can I tell my user status?(ie am I su or just a lowly user)