Wesnoth 0.8.11

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Ankka wrote: Hmm... what logo do other platforms use, then?

I know the MacOS logo is propably the hardest, as it has to be good-looking when small and big. I mean, not too complicated to be small and not too simple to look stupid when big.
Last time I checked the other platforms out the logo was a small one which would have looked good on MacOS 7. The current one would look good on MacOS 9 :)

Like I said, I have been pm'd by one of the Wesnoth artists who promised to make a MacOS X style icon... which would be great... if not it might just be a case of updating the current one.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Sithrandel wrote:
Ankka wrote: Hmm... what logo do other platforms use, then?

I know the MacOS logo is propably the hardest, as it has to be good-looking when small and big. I mean, not too complicated to be small and not too simple to look stupid when big.
Last time I checked the other platforms out the logo was a small one which would have looked good on MacOS 7. The current one would look good on MacOS 9 :)

Like I said, I have been pm'd by one of the Wesnoth artists who promised to make a MacOS X style icon... which would be great... if not it might just be a case of updating the current one.
I've never used other Mac OSes than X really much, my friends have a first-generation iMac that has 8.6 (IIRC) and an old Mac, but I haven't used them... as far as I have seen, though, they're pretty much like Windows 98 looked a few years after them. :roll: SO I think I got the idea.

Sounds great on the updating. :D
Rigol

Drarves not upgraded despite details saying they are!!

Post by Rigol »

I'm playing the new 9.11 version now and the drawves aren;t upgraded at all even though they are supposed to be. The Ulfserkers, Guards and Thundrers all do the same damage that they used to etc.

I compeletely uninstalled the older version of Wesnoth first. Can anyone think what has gone wrong?
Rigol
Shade

Re: Drarves not upgraded despite details saying they are!!

Post by Shade »

Rigol wrote:I'm playing the new 9.11 version now and the drawves aren;t upgraded at all even though they are supposed to be.
The change went into .8.11CVS, AKA the version that will become the next version of the game...
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
darksteel

when

Post by darksteel »

When do you guys think the next versoin of wesnoth will come out 8)
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Re: when

Post by Darth Fool »

darksteel wrote:When do you guys think the next versoin of wesnoth will come out 8)
The official response to that question is, and always will be: IIRWIIR (it Is ready when it is ready)
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: when

Post by Dave »

darksteel wrote:When do you guys think the next versoin of wesnoth will come out 8)
My honest and truthful answer to this question is "I don't know".

Really, I have no idea. Could be tomorrow. Could be a month away.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Rigol

Good fixes. Undead Vampiress too?

Post by Rigol »

Thanks for sorting it. I did always think the Dwarf Guard was underpowered - he had tiny attacks and movement and defensively his Stalwart ability was almost totally counteracted by his lower hit points and defences than other dwarfs.

Incidentally, the Undead Vampiress always seems to be overly powerful and tends to tear across the screen straight towards me, efficiently killing everyone unless I manage to pour a dozen troops onto her. She surely needs to be fixed. Stat-wise she doesn't APPEAR to be amazing, yet in the game shae's bizarrely tough.
Rigol