RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CorotAlas

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.8- 1.04.2019

Post by CorotAlas »

TrashMan wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 1:07 pm Where the hell did all these error pop up from?
I go away for a while, and decided to take a peek and I see this.

ugh...

@CorotAlas - all hereos should be neat the sea. Once you get them all, a you need to do is come close to the mountain at the top of the map. There should be a Phoenix and a hydra fighting, short scene and after that you go to the mountain, there is a small passage there.

You shouldn't be able to recall anything or anyone.
1st A New World scenario
After I get all heroes and aim to the mountain without exploring, I get the phoenix scene. But if I try to do some exploring, no Phoenix. So I do the exploring after I get the Phoenix scene.

In Ruined Keep (Castle,Swamp) You can still Recall Aquae, Ithilien and Lotion if you don't meet them (and the other 4 Loyal Heroes from previous scenario). Only Valinor not available to Recall.The funny thing is after you recall the heroes, and go to where they should be on map, you'll get the meeting dialogue.
And You can also recruit all available soldier there.

2nd Top of the World scenario
Rhelis the Watcher got Error when I try to leveling it to Swordmaster (to Guard, Shield Guard and Sentinel have no issue)
Abilities on Unit description of Celine the Cleric (cures, heals +6, cures [cures again? just typo or wrong abilities?], inspire,,, [3,? & NO ILLUMINATES?])
Khelgar the Dwarvish Loremaster (inspire,,,, [4,] cures, heals +4)
Lotion & Elderon the Holy Avenger (vengeance,,courage,,toughness [2,?])
Lotion & Elderon the Phoenix Knight (toughness, Fire Aura, toughness [toughness again? just typo or wrong abilities?])

3rd Proving ones Worth until A lucky Meeting
Aquae is mising after Hidden Valley but she alreeady say that she will go for a while to study the strange magic. So I don't thing about anything when I don't see her at Proving ones Worth scenario. But at Interferance scenario when finishing the Mission, Leagil looks like speak to Aquae but I don't have Aquae? The conversation looks funny without Aquae dialogue.

4th Monolith scenario
Defeat: You have been defeated!
Right after the map show where we usually have dialogue followd by pop-up about mission objective. Just as soon as the map open, you defeated.
I found this text:
<invalid WML found> [unstore unit]: variable 'Aquae_store' doesn't exist

5th Add-ons Manager
Why it say "Installed, outdated on server 1.3.4,0.3.1" (in Orange text)?
I use Wesnoth 1.14.9

Thanks for the clue on A New World. But now I stuck at Monolith :(

I like this Campaigns, keep the good work mate :)
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.1- 6.01.2020

Post by TrashMan »

1. You definitely shouldn't be able to recruit anyone. The recall list should be purged of all non-loyals and recruitment blocked.

2. Watcher to swordmaster? Will check.
As far as descriptions go, having toughness and cures twice seems odd....Unless...some items add it as well

3. Aquae should return when you finish the Proving Ones Worth scenario (fighting hydras and saurians). She should also be part of the conversation with the council..and she should also change class IIRC. If her appearence didn't trigger, something went wrong. I had it happen to me just once in many play-troughs and I have never figured out why.
Did you have a conversation with Allistair when it ended? Aquae should pop up then.

4. In this scenario Aquae is the main hero and if she dies, scenario fails. Since you never recovered her, no wonder you get game over immediately.
I'm sorry to say this, but you'll have to re-play from Provings Ones Worth and see if Aquae triggers.

5. hm... I might have messed up the version number.. shouldn't be the case.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Finding the Exit
The 'Go here' icon for removing the spider spawn point is not removed after moving there.
The last version of the scenario objectives state that I should move my heroes to the southern border of the map, but it's enough if I move only one of them there.

Interference
untill -> until

EDIT:
Loose to many -> Lose

For that matter, how many is 'too many'? Or how many Civilians have to survive? How many have to arrive? Some numbers in the scenario objectives would be nice.

Greetings Lord Leagil -> Leagil.

EDIT 2:
Your custom made advancements do not remove poison.
Cots-A Lucky Meeting-Auto-Save8.gz
(258.98 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Cots-A Lucky Meeting Turn 8.gz
(259.02 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Lucky Meeting
Galor (that necromancer with a summoning circle) attacks units in movement range instead of waiting next to his circle.

Having an allied leader with teleport that has to survive..? Bad idea. Very bad.
Cots-A Lucky Meeting-Auto-Save13.gz
(269.28 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
EDIT 3:
Monolith
Why is Aquae able to recruit elves? She couldn't do that last scenario.

EDIT 4:
The Monolith doesn't seem to be doing anything. That's a bug, right?
Cots-Monolith-Auto-Save11.gz
Did I destroy it too fast?
(192.03 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
The animation of a defending 'Arch Mage' is not teamcoloured.

EDIT 5
Revelation
The 'go here' icon on the mountain does not disappear after you move to it.

damm -> dam

The undead recruited by Mal Rhaz-Gul can't move before the dam breaks because his castle is surrounded by 'unwalkable' tiles.

The dam is actually not removed after being blown up.

weill -> will

Ithilien and Elderon -> Lotion

34,5 doesn't transform into a deep water hex despite being only a flat hex next to Mal Rhaz-Guls keep.

guaridan -> guardian

I somehow retain vision on the undeads keep for the whole scenario, even though I left that mountain top quite some time ago.

Rescue
I now have two new Elvish Avengers. What happened to the ones I had in the previous scenario?

EDIT 5:
Lotion and Ithilien do not have full mp. (They have exactly the amount of mp they had when the previous scenario ended.)

Lord Gilders death does not result in losing that scenario. Same for Ithilien

Lord Gilders dies too fast. He's almost dead when you arrive, he is even likely to die the turn you spot him.
Cots-Rescue-Auto-Save10.gz
I saved him, but this seems to have been extremely lucky and only achievable if I know in advance that I have to get to him asap.
(216.08 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
An Old Foe
Ellderon is apparently unable to train troops himself. It would be good if that was made clear in advance.

It feels very weird to have the teamcolour red after playing as blue since forever.

There are some problems with a peasant spawning from a random village in your possession. He could spawn at the front line or even from the training ground itself.

siezed -> seized

concernes -> concerns

sorrounded with incompetence -> surrounded by incompetence

The scenario objectives reset back to 'train some troops' after Ithielien arrives.

When you defeat Loghain before all of the heroes have arrived, you'll miss out on parts of the dialogue at the end. And the missing heroes won't appear in the subsequent scenarios, so you'll miss out on even more dialogue.

Mages that were 'trained' can't advance to Blue Mage or Grey Mage.

Reunion (2)
conviened -> convened

asemble -> assemble

Kalnaga -> Knalga

Breaktrough -> Breakthrough
fortreses -> fortresses

And now I'm black? Why? :(

And apparently I can't recruit?

And almost all my units from Aquaes mission are gone. ._. Aaaand Avernus lost all his xp.

The enemy leader can recruit the unit 'Doom Guard'. And for some reason your version of that unit has every terrain listed as impassable, with every terrain granting a 0% chance to dodge.
So the enemy leader is bound to run out of space to recruit.

The 'blizzard' attack of the 'Tempest Mage' lacks an image.

I don't quite get how or why the enemy leader flees toward my keep instead of retreating away from it.

Hunt in the Depths
I recommend enabling shroud. It doesn't make any sense that my units know the layout of this enemy keep.
Attachments
Cots-Breaktrough-Auto-Save1.gz
(268.57 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
...what? Also, she says this every turn.
...what? Also, she says this every turn.
bolderaft

Post by bolderaft »

This is a fun campaign; I've been playing it on an iPad. The first time through, I installed it without any of the related add-ons, and now I'm playing it a 2nd time through but will all the related community add-ons (music, and some unspecified tweaks).

Both times through, I found some of the scenarios perform sluggishly during the recruitment phase of the AI turn. The sluggishness scenario was the one to protect the princess, and I noticed the undead enemy recruitment taking about one second per unit recruited.

The first time through, I noticed late in the game where the heroes pursue a villain into an underground complex. When one of my units enters the doorway hex to the treasure room, more of those pink hulkish-beasties spawn. That's cool to happen once, but it's impossible to beat if you allow units to repeatedly land on that treasure room doorway hex. The villain shouts something along the lines of "My treasure room! Now you've done it!" This message repeats over and over again, each time a unit lands on the treasure room doorway hex. And the pink sulkies spawn again. When I first encountered this bug, I did not realize it was happening and I was always defeated by an endless stream of pink hulks.

I have not reached that scenario yet in the 2nd time through. I love the music add on, though one of the soundtracks has a weird static distortion on my iPad. The best music so far with good sound quality was the soundtrack on Anduin isle.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Konrad2 wrote: April 8th, 2020, 2:00 pm Finding the Exit
The 'Go here' icon for removing the spider spawn point is not removed after moving there.
The last version of the scenario objectives state that I should move my heroes to the southern border of the map, but it's enough if I move only one of them there.
It is coded that way. Still don't know if i should change it, as it is convenient.
For that matter, how many is 'too many'? Or how many Civilians have to survive? How many have to arrive? Some numbers in the scenario objectives would be nice.
Added a note that 5 must survive

Lucky Meeting
Galor (that necromancer with a summoning circle) attacks units in movement range instead of waiting next to his circle.
Not a bug, he is a normal unit
Having an allied leader with teleport that has to survive..? Bad idea. Very bad.
Tightened his AI and made Dillon tougher.

EDIT 3:
Monolith
Why is Aquae able to recruit elves? She couldn't do that last scenario.
Because there's a small elven garrison there

EDIT 4:
The Monolith doesn't seem to be doing anything. That's a bug, right?
Cots-Monolith-Auto-Save11.gz
Ehh...its coded to trigger on move inside it's radius. Not the best implementation.

EDIT 5
Revelation
The 'go here' icon on the mountain does not disappear after you move to it.
I entered the wrong coordinate in the event that removed it, that's why.

The undead recruited by Mal Rhaz-Gul can't move before the dam breaks because his castle is surrounded by 'unwalkable' tiles.
The dam is actually not removed after being blown up.
The first one is not really bug, but a silly way to make sure he stays put and doesn't get killed

I somehow retain vision on the undeads keep for the whole scenario, even though I left that mountain top quite some time ago.
I kept the area visible so one can see what is going on

Rescue
I now have two new Elvish Avengers. What happened to the ones I had in the previous scenario?
They went a different way? They were not meant to transer to this scenario.

Lotion and Ithilien do not have full mp. (They have exactly the amount of mp they had when the previous scenario ended.)
Lord Gilders death does not result in losing that scenario. Same for Ithilien
Lord Gilders dies too fast. He's almost dead when you arrive, he is even likely to die the turn you spot him.
Healed both heroes on mission start
Guilder death check fixed
Buffed Gilder. He should now last longer.

Ellderon is apparently unable to train troops himself. It would be good if that was made clear in advance.
Looking at the code, he should be able to train seargents.
It feels very weird to have the teamcolour red after playing as blue since forever.
It is actually set to blue. Dunno what caused it to derp.
There are some problems with a peasant spawning from a random village in your possession. He could spawn at the front line or even from the training ground itself.
You only start with villages near, so it shouldn't be an issue.

When you defeat Loghain before all of the heroes have arrived, you'll miss out on parts of the dialogue at the end. And the missing heroes won't appear in the subsequent scenarios, so you'll miss out on even more dialogue.
That situation is highly unlikely, but I'll probably need to write around that.
Mages that were 'trained' can't advance to Blue Mage or Grey Mage.
hmm.... odd.

And now I'm black? Why? :(
And apparently I can't recruit?
And almost all my units from Aquaes mission are gone. ._. Aaaand Avernus lost all his xp.
Huh.. odd color issues.

The enemy leader can recruit the unit 'Doom Guard'. And for some reason your version of that unit has every terrain listed as impassable, with every terrain granting a 0% chance to dodge.
So the enemy leader is bound to run out of space to recruit.
Typo in the movetype. Fixed.

Hunt in the Depths
I recommend enabling shroud. It doesn't make any sense that my units know the layout of this enemy keep.
fog is set to sctive
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TrashMan wrote: July 14th, 2020, 3:35 pm

I don't know if it's unlikely, I only know that I had to wait next to him for 4(?) turns before I was able to kill him without missing out on dialogue.
Attachments
Cots-An Old Foe replay.gz
(136.96 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
bolderaft

Post by bolderaft »

Konrad2 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 7:00 pm
TrashMan wrote: July 14th, 2020, 3:35 pm

I don't know if it's unlikely, I only know that I had to wait next to him for 4(?) turns before I was able to kill him without missing out on dialogue.
It also happened to me. The first time through the campaign, I didn't know not to kill Loghain, so lost Aquae on subsequent scenarios.

The 2nd time through that peasant training scenario, I learned to wait. I also learned not to capture and try to hold the south villages, because peasants spawned too far south to survive the long trip to the training grounds. Overall it was a disincentive to take the southern villages. Would be kinda cool if taking more villages resulted in increasing total numbers of peasant recruitment; that way, at least if the south villages started also spawning peasant recruits, the flow from the Northern villages would not stop.

Anyway, thanks for working on this campaign! It's a fun one.
Gregcraft

Post by Gregcraft »

Your campaign is really awesome. I like your units and the story. The only problem I have is at the scenario with the monolith. When I get to the scene with the monolith, evry unit from side 1 disappear.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

huh..weird. I don't see how that could happen.
Can you be more specific?

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Post by Konrad2 »

Is it intended that in 'Hunt in the Depths' every unit on the map moves towards me instead of guarding whereever the started?

EDIT:
Final Countdown
The southern ritual sites Necromancer is at 33,31 but he should be at 33,39.
Fast ritual Necromancers have 1 MP instead of the apprently intended 0 MP.

You forgot to add an actual turn limit even though the lose conditions are only 'turns run out'.

Silver Wolf and Greater Silver Wolf are both lvl 2 units.

My Vaynar allies are not recruiting at all.
And the countdown for the ritual is all over the place and I have no idea what is influencing it.

Now Avernus told me (on turn 15) that '-1 turns' are left. Guess what, I'm still playing.

confinue -> continue

Epilogue
wow he made -> vow

Cailan is present in this scenario, but I kinda had him die in the Final Countdown.
RockerMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Post by RockerMan »

Hi Trashman, Love the COT campaign. Notice a few errors on Farewells by the sea and halfway through the previous scenario...
20210106 15:05:06 warning general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/COTS/translations', skipping textdomain
Checking lua scripts... ok
20210106 15:05:08 error config: Error while loading the map: Unknown tile in map: (Gg^BrVc) 'Gg^BrVc'
20210106 15:05:10 error config: Multiple [unit_type]s with id=Elder Mage encountered.
20210106 15:05:12 warning filesystem: Conflicting files in binary_path: '/home/USER/.var/app/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/data/wesnoth/1.14/data/add-ons/COTS/images/scenery/tent-fancy-red.png' and '/app/share/wesnoth/data/core/images/scenery/tent-fancy-red.png'
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

It is severely slowing down the recall/recruit speed of units for the player and ai. It also appears that the conflicting image files are for all if not most of the images at that file location. This could be an issue with the linux flatpak version 1.14.15 however. Thanks again great campaign!