Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Whiskeyjack

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Whiskeyjack »

vishnu wrote: March 30th, 2020, 10:09 am Hi,

I'm sorry if the question has already be asked but i didn't have the courage to read the 490 pages,

Sometimes when advancing units to 4th level, i have the choice between 2 identical advance, is there any difference between the two?
This is a bug resulting from active debug mode. It could lead to issues down the line (not sure if this is still the case). It was generally recommended not to use debug with LotI.

If you just want to check out what AMLAs a unit will get, I recommend to save beforehand and restart without debug from there later.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
vishnu

Post by vishnu »

Thanks for this quick answer!

And by the way, thanks to Dugi for this awesome work!
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

Konrad2 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 8:03 am
lhaire wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:53 am I just recently upgraded to Wesnoth 1.14.11 and version 3.2.6c of the add-on (from Wesnoth 1.12 and add-on 3.2.1). One thing I noticed is that I can no longer drop items on the ground when a unit is equipped with one. It seems like the only option is to unequip it (which puts it back in inventory). Is the ability to drop an item on the ground no longer available?
I had the same question. Here is the answer:
Dugi wrote:
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am Is it intentional that I can't drop eqiupped items on the ground?
You can. It's just positioned in that small down arrow next to the unequip button.
Thank you so much for the quick reply!!
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

Konrad2 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 8:03 am
lhaire wrote: March 30th, 2020, 2:53 am I just recently upgraded to Wesnoth 1.14.11 and version 3.2.6c of the add-on (from Wesnoth 1.12 and add-on 3.2.1). One thing I noticed is that I can no longer drop items on the ground when a unit is equipped with one. It seems like the only option is to unequip it (which puts it back in inventory). Is the ability to drop an item on the ground no longer available?
I had the same question. Here is the answer:
Dugi wrote:
Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 am Is it intentional that I can't drop eqiupped items on the ground?
You can. It's just positioned in that small down arrow next to the unequip button.
I must be blind - for the life of me I cannot see any arrow next to the unequip button :augh: What am I missing here? Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that I'm using the Android version of Wesnoth?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200330-182509.png
JSC

Post by JSC »

Hello! I've specially registered here to throw some mechanical ideas into the campaign and thank you for a great game! And I apologize in advance for the lame English, it's not my native language and the text goes through deepl.com from polish.

The idea of automatically collecting some items
I know, Dugi, that you want the player's armies to have to bother with items. The players, in turn, want the other way around. That's why I have a Solomon proposal, at least I hope so. According to my idea, the game when it meets the victory criterion should look for items that meet one of the following conditions:
- lie in the player's village, either in an allied village or at most 2 hexes away from the listed
- are located in a castle free of the enemy or no more than 5 hex from its border
- are within sight of player or allied units. For the purpose of this condition, it is worth considering removing enemy units commanded by killed leaders
- the item is adjacent to the item qualifying for acquisition
An additional condition is that the fields with the object are not occupied by an enemy unit or are adjacent to it.

An idea in connection with ideas to change the heritage
From what I've seen, you have Dugi's idea of changing your heritage. I'm guessing that these changes are supposed to happen fairly sporadically... so I suggest you consider that the original ones don't spoil but activate the heritage of the other parent.

The idea of developing teleportation
He would like to present an idea for AMLA developing teleportation capabilities.
Infiltration - allows for teleportation from/to the castle field
Hit and Blink - this would be a variation of Hit and Run capability using teleportation. It depended on the fact, that if the attack came out from some location, from which one can teleport oneself, then the unit with this capability after the attack tries to return to it, and if it teleported itself in this turn, then it teleports itself to the location, from where the last teleportation came out. In order to balance this, I propose 2 weaknesses:
- if one of the teleportation locations is in or adjacent to an enemy control zone, there is no escape.
- the number of traffic points for return traffic must be reduced somehow. Maybe by 1/3?

The guarilla legacy idea
With this idea, he wants to exploit all the possibilities of an ambush. Let's establish that stopping a surprised unit of real tactics is not satisfactory. So let's go! I propose the following AMLA for a guarilla unit to surprise the enemy unit:
1) If an enemy unit is surprised during its movement, the guarilla unit attacks
2) An attack on a surprised unit gains instant attack
3) If, after an attack, a monster stops being in the hostile control zone, he has the right to jump back. On offensive according to the Hit and Run capability, and in defense he gains 2 mv.
4) In an area where a unit is considered hidden this unit gains a skirmisher
5) Attack on the surprised unit gains the marksman
6) Attack on a surprised unit gains focus
7) Attack on a surprised unit gains guided

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
bewbsftw

Post by bewbsftw »

Hi, sorry if this has been asked, but there are almost 5 hundred pages and I didn't wanna read em all.

K so for some reason, firecast isn't working when I equip the full Violent Mage set. I gave it to a Faerie Incarnation and when it didn't trigger, I switched it to a Celestial Messenger. Violent Beatdown and their built-in melee attacks didn't trigger Firecast. The scenario is Jungle Hell, 3rd turn.

On the other hand, I have another unit with the Pyro set and firecast triggers fine. Any ideas why the Violent one doesn't work?

Edit: nvm I figured it out. Apparently if the unit doesn't have a fireball attack, firecast does nothing. I equipped a Warlock and a Duelist Wizard with the violent mage set and it worked fine. Messenger and Faerie Incarnation both don't have a fireball attack so firecast did nothing.
TheLostGeneral

Post by TheLostGeneral »

Hi, I just wanted to comment to everyone (kinda spam, sorry) that I started uploading Battle for Wesnoth playthroughs so you might want to check them out. I'll play this campaign eventually because it's one of my favourites. My Youtube is The Lost General, thanks for the attention!
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hi,

LotI is one of my favourite, if not my most favourite, RPG era in Wesnoth. Is there a way I can use the era outside the LotI maps? I don't see an era setting so I am not sure how to.

Thank you in advance!
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Naron

Post by Naron »

TheLostGeneral wrote: April 12th, 2020, 3:09 am Hi, I just wanted to comment to everyone (kinda spam, sorry) that I started uploading Battle for Wesnoth playthroughs so you might want to check them out. I'll play this campaign eventually because it's one of my favourites. My Youtube is The Lost General, thanks for the attention!
I would really love to watch a playthrough of LotI. It's one of my favourite campaigns too. When will you play it? Ideally, as soon as possible :)
I know, I'm too impatient but I have been waiting for so long...
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

TheLostGeneral wrote: April 12th, 2020, 3:09 am Hi, I just wanted to comment to everyone (kinda spam, sorry) that I started uploading Battle for Wesnoth playthroughs so you might want to check them out. I'll play this campaign eventually because it's one of my favourites. My Youtube is The Lost General, thanks for the attention!
I don't know that this latest campaign version is filled with some bugs, but perhaps you may do play this campaign without found any bug. (hopefully) :whistle:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Naron

Post by Naron »

LotI does have some bugs but it's entirely playable and enjoyable. I would really like to watch a video walkthrough of it.
Crixomix

Post by Crixomix »

Question, I just recently started this awesome campaign. I saw in the "help" menu that you can't use item storage after turn 2, but I seem to be able to equip/unequip from/into storage on whatever turn I want, wherever I want. Is this intended now? It feels a bit OP that I can literally use a sword on a dude and then after he attacks, send the sword halfway across the map to another guy who's about to attack. Obviously I can just choose to not do this to play fair, but I thought it was supposed to be not allowed in the first place.

Thanks,

EDIT: Bonus question. I saw that potions say they only apply until the unit advances? But Ephraim still has the steel skin potion from the prologue intro level and he's advanced 3 times now.

Further EDIT: I also now have had a regular unit (mario, I like loyal units :)) who took a potion, then advanced, and didn't lose the potion effect. I'm worried this is going to corrupt my play experience and make it too easy?

EDIT3: I have even attempted the LotI beta, uninstalling my XP mods, and all combinations of these things. Nothing seems to actually prevent me from equipping items from storage well after turn 2 (outside a castle or keep)

Thanks
dabber

Post by dabber »

What system are you using? I don't have either of those problems on Windows using GitHub code.
Crixomix

Post by Crixomix »

dabber wrote: April 17th, 2020, 6:24 pm What system are you using? I don't have either of those problems on Windows using GitHub code.
I'm on windows 10. Installed BfW via Steam, and downloaded the mod via the "addons" menu within the game. Should I be doing something different?
Crixomix

Post by Crixomix »

I have wondered if it has to do with some of the XP mods I have had, but I tried uninstalling those, and starting a new campaign, and on the 1st (real) level, I still could get items from inventory after the 2nd turn outside the castle.