War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Post by Konrad2 »

hermestrismi wrote: February 8th, 2020, 9:52 pm I played the trilogy and I liked. Indeed, I fixed some bugs by myself (i m lazy and i m not actif on the forum). i wish u have another campaign in the same timeline of events. thank you
Do you know of 'A Song of Fire', 'Aria of the Dragonslayer' and 'Soldier of Wesnoth'?
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Konrad2 wrote: February 9th, 2020, 9:54 pm
hermestrismi wrote: February 8th, 2020, 9:52 pm I played the trilogy and I liked. Indeed, I fixed some bugs by myself (i m lazy and i m not actif on the forum). i wish u have another campaign in the same timeline of events. thank you
Do you know of 'A Song of Fire', 'Aria of the Dragonslayer' and 'Soldier of Wesnoth'?
i know the first two but not th 'Soldier of Wesnoth. is it related to them?
lucid1

Post by lucid1 »

Cashcam24 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 1:05 am Evertime I try to load the scenario heir to the elements I get an error

The game map could not be loaded: unknown tile in map: (Rmp^Ma) 'Rmp^Ma'
I'm running into the same problem (on 1.14.5), which is blocking me from making any further progress on the campaign after the first three Prologue levels.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

hermestrismi wrote: February 9th, 2020, 10:13 pm
Konrad2 wrote: February 9th, 2020, 9:54 pm
i know the first two but not th 'Soldier of Wesnoth. is it related to them?
Yep, it's in the same "canon" so to say ^_^
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

lucid1 wrote: February 14th, 2020, 7:34 am
Cashcam24 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 1:05 am Evertime I try to load the scenario heir to the elements I get an error

The game map could not be loaded: unknown tile in map: (Rmp^Ma) 'Rmp^Ma'
I'm running into the same problem (on 1.14.5), which is blocking me from making any further progress on the campaign after the first three Prologue levels.
That's got to be a map I didn't update to 1.14 terrain types... Which is funny, since I didn't get this problem when I playtested the campaign, but that's coding for ya :roll: :lol:

EDIT: Just so I won't be triple-posting :lol: I've just uploaded version 1.0.3, which should have solved the missing tile bug mentioned above :)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
lucid1

Post by lucid1 »

Thanks! I confirm it works now :)
lucid1

Post by lucid1 »

Hm, I think I found another bug. In the opening of "Foundation Stone", Sigdral's sprite does not show up and I cannot move her, although she is clearly occupying one of the hexes in the starting keep since her description shows up when I hover over the relevant hex.

I think I also remember seeing something similar happen with the allied Celestial in the last scenario of A Song of Fire.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

lucid1 wrote: February 17th, 2020, 1:51 am Hm, I think I found another bug. In the opening of "Foundation Stone", Sigdral's sprite does not show up and I cannot move her, although she is clearly occupying one of the hexes in the starting keep since her description shows up when I hover over the relevant hex.

I think I also remember seeing something similar happen with the allied Celestial in the last scenario of A Song of Fire.
Geesh :shock:
I'll see if I can check it until this weekend. Hopefully I haven't deleted all my saves from my playthrough so it shouldn't be too hard to look into it ^_^

;-)
lucid1

Post by lucid1 »

OK, found another bug :)

In "A Glimpse of the Light", after ending my first turn (and subsequent turns), I got the error: "<Invalid WML found> [unstore_unit]: variable 'give_arcane_focus_res[]' doesn't exist (2)".

I ignored this and carried on, but the game started to freeze up for about 1 minute before I could start each new turn. On investigation, I found that the save file sizes had ballooned -- the .gz files went from 134.4 kB for the start of A Glimpse of the Light, up to 10.6 MB for the start of The Fires of Shray Tahl, and 21.2 MB for the last save of The Fires of Shray Tahl and the first save of Blazing Hatred. The unzipped version of the last file is 471.7 MB in size which is probably what is causing the slowdown. This is causing the game to become unplayable, and I'm not sure what to do about it...
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

In "The shadows within dark pride." I have a hard time figuring out what to do.

The objective says: "Go east and rendezvous with xyz."

So now I am at that dwarf, with all hero units next to him. Nothing happens. No
obvious paths. This is weird.

I suggest making the goal more clear. I also saw some WML bug at the same
time in that scenario; first time I saw any bug in that campaign. The bug is
something from unstore_unit or so. (On a side note - would be cool if
bug reports could be enabled/disabled and appear in large red colour or
something like that; also perhaps storing that into a text file that could
be uploaded here.)
HatGuy

Post by HatGuy »

There is a bug for the scenario "Forces of Nature". During the loading level stage of loading an error message comes saying The game map could not be loaded: Unknown title in mar: (Rmp^Ms) 'Rmp^Ms'
scio-nullus

Post by scio-nullus »

I have also found the bug in "Foundation Stone". Sigdral has no image, you cannot interact with her, but you see her in the sidebar when you hover over the hex & cannot recruit/recall over her.
I also had this with the Celestial in Song of Fire and pretty much everyone (the dwarf, the mermaid, the princes) in Aria of the Dragon Slayer.
Playing on Linux/1.14.
she/her
"W3 M4K3 OUR OWN LUCK, 4ND YOU'R3 4BOUT TO PROV3 TH4T"
I am the author of Mercenary Band, an Aragwaith Campaign for 1.15.x
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

It's sadly that the author hasn't been around here over one month. :(
Spoiler:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Zmoj

Post by Zmoj »

I've encountered game breaking bugs in "A glimpse of the light" and "Forces of nature". It's something others have already mentioned, and it happened on the newest version of WotJ on Wesnoth 1.14.4. I managed to fix these bugs by going into Notepad documents in Wesnoth folder. In add-ons folder, I opened War_of_Legends folder --> macros --> nightmare-utils and there I deleted the line that pops up during the "A glimpse of the light" scenario (the line is in the first row and reads like this: [unstore_unit] variable=give_arcane_focus_res[$i] [/unstore_unit]) and the problem was solved for that scenario. I additionally opened aberrations folder in War_of_Legends and changed the attack type to arcane instead of arcane_focus so that when you select Spiteful watcher and advancement branch units you don't get that weird result next to their arcane focus attack. For "Forces of nature" I opened War of the Jewel folder --> maps --> 37_forces_of_nature and changed the buggable terrain tile to Rmp and it was fixed. Completed the campaign without a problem (after god knows how many frustrated attempts to complete this very bugged campaign) and I am going to miss the characters of the story which were one of the best created characters of all the campaigns I have played.
rahoolji

Post by rahoolji »

Hi- this is my first time posting an issue and I hope I am doing it correctly. I am encountering a loading error in the transition between Master of Four Lights and Forces of Nature. The error is: (Rmp^Ms)'Rmp^Ms'.

I am playing on Wesnoth version 1.14.8 and I'm on OS 10.14.6

I did notice that others had this issue with recent earlier versions of Wesnoth (the most recent I saw was needing to update maps for 1.14.5). Can anyone help?