World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Re: World Conquest II

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

gfgtdf wrote: October 15th, 2018, 3:08 pm
PapaSmurfReloaded wrote: October 15th, 2018, 11:59 am I am experiencing the same issue, around scenario 4, when loading the next map the games gets stuck.
Weel the bug mentioned abouve shoudl be fixerd, are you sure you (or rather: th host of the mp game) are using the latest version (0.7.10.2) ?
Positive. :hmm:
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hmm ok then I'd be useful to have more information. This issue, at which scenario exactly does it happen? Maybe you have a savefile?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

So I must have played around 7 or 8 new games with the latest update and must say that I have not encountered such a bug
donkihote

Post by donkihote »

Hello.
Id like to write about ur training ad-don. Its a cool idea, and thanks for it.

But for me it seems kinda useless in sp campaigns. There are campaigns what start with a lot of unit for example. Or for those who play my stile (no random, no unit lost, recall and train up an elite army, what is a hard task), after some scenario training lvls become useless when actually i just start have a good amount of them. So i was thinking about it, after some not too good idea figured out -in my opinion- a good one. It should be only an option (what players can chose in the beginning) that the lvling units roll for train. Obviously its not a 100% worked out idea. The percents would need some modifications in this case and/or other changes in the system, the already got trainings like less xp could not be gained again (also i dont really think that is good already smart units get a train even less xp). I cant programming, so no clue how hard, or how many time it would be, but i think it could be nice.
Best wishes:
Donkey
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

@donkihote
donkihote wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 6:18 pm Hello.
Id like to write about ur training ad-don. Its a cool idea, and thanks for it.
I assume you are talking about 'campaign_drop mod' that adds worldconquest2 features to sp campaigns?
donkihote wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 6:18 pm But for me it seems kinda useless in sp campaigns. There are campaigns what start with a lot of unit for example. Or for those who play my stile (no random, no unit lost, recall and train up an elite army, what is a hard task), after some scenario training lvls become useless when actually i just start have a good amount of them.

Even when you play sp campaigns with an only-verteran playstyle you later can usually still choose to pick items instead of training (just pick those points that contain items and leave those that contain training, you can rightlcik on a point to check what they contain, you can usually pick at most one bonuspoint per scenario anyways). If you think more bonus points shodul contain items you can enable the 'cdm options' mod that gives you more options liek controlling the chance of a bonus point to contain itemsor traing etc.
donkihote wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 6:18 pm So i was thinking about it, after some not too good idea figured out -in my opinion- a good one. It should be only an option (what players can chose in the beginning) that the lvling units roll for train. Obviously its not a 100% worked out idea. The percents would need some modifications in this case and/or other changes in the system, the already got trainings like less xp could not be gained again (also i dont really think that is good already smart units get a train even less xp). I cant programming, so no clue how hard, or how many time it would be, but i think it could be nice.
Best wishes:
Donkey
So if in understood your correctly you want that unit will reroll (remove old training and generate new ones) their trainings when they advance? I currently don't think this can be easily done, one the one hand i think its often rather a disadvantage for player since they ususually try to choose to level their units with the best training, so rerolling training for them woudl likeley give tem worse training, and second it just doesn't make so much sense for units to loose their training.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Uploaded version 0.7.10.3 which just contains two fixes:
  • Fix wrong colors of villages when you changed your team color
  • Fix possible lua erro in mapgeneration of scenario6.
ghype

Post by ghype »

Hello everyone, thank you gfgtdf for maintaining this properly. WC II is a big part of online Wesnoth.

I planned to play around with some code elements of WC II but I had to find out that most events now rely on lua functions, something I am not familiar with.
When exactly did the lua implementation happen? Because I remember WC on 1.12 server was fully based on WML.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

WC2 Version 0.7 is basically where most of the Lua transition happens iirc. It gave the 'new' invest and wocopefia dialogs and a performance improvement overall.

When wesnoth 1.15/1.16 comes out I'll probably move the rest of the code (the map generation) to Lua which will remove the waiting time at the start of scenario when the wml map generation happens.

If you have concrete questions about the code you can also ask me (here).
AlanSouza1993

Post by AlanSouza1993 »

Hi, how are you? A few days ago I downloaded your campaign and I really liked it. I also downloaded the "campaign drop mod" and was glad to know that I could use campaign modes I did not have on other maps. By testing it in the main campaigns and multiplayer scenarios, I noticed that the menu that selects bonuses does not open no matter what I do, as opposed to the world conquest. Is this a bug or is there another command I do not know? Sorry for the typos, English is not my first language.
Greetings from Brazil.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

No this was intentional that mod just adds bonus points and items dropped by enemies. Giving the player two extra bonusses (=4 in total in each scenario) would just be too unbalanced in longer 'normal' campaigns.
AlanSouza1993

Post by AlanSouza1993 »

This makes sense. Thank you and have a good day.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
an AI's unit and players dont have the same XP.
example : AI's ghost got 24 XP to level. my ghost needs 36.
ghype

Post by ghype »

ai uses lower xp settings to make it more punishable
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

I enjoy this campaign the most and it's fair to say it's all I play in the World of Wesnoth.
But I would like to suggest a HARDER mode than NIGHTMARE!
That's right, make it even harder!
How?
Well, how about a mode where player controlled leaders start at level 1 or 0! To balance this, the extra abilities (epic and the rest) can be assigned to the leaders. Maybe also the AI can have the 'droppable' item from map 1.
I would love to try this challenge.
Your true Fan,
Pagawan.
Loading Advertisement
ghype

Post by ghype »

I was looking into how to add more items/heros/abilities into this mod. I think another difficulty could fit and make an update worthwhile.