Captured by a Nightmare: SP Campaign for 1.14

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Captured by a Nightmare: SP Campaign for 1.14

Post by Konrad2 »

Any idea why the autosaves for Colosseum are not deleted at the end of the scenario, even though I have selected that option?
sergey

Post by sergey »

Konrad2 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 6:56 am Any idea why the autosaves for Colosseum are not deleted at the end of the scenario, even though I have selected that option?
That's interesting, no idea. I need to reproduce and investigate that.

Update. I filed an issue #4116. Thanks for the report :)
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Version 1.2.6 is published. Changelog:
- Fixed bug in 10th scenario "The Flaming Stone". Drake Slaves should be moved to the enemy side when enemy leader is killed.
- Fixed bug in 11th scenario "Greediness". Poison runes should not affect undead units.
- Dialogs corrections by EarthCake and other improvements.

There are other bugs and improvements in my TODO list. However, none of them I consider to be critical. I will fix them later.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Poison

Post by Poison »

Very nice campaign, i enjoyed it, I think it needs a little more care and it could be mainline, i liked the uniqueness of the objectives especially, some scenarios could have one or two more turns to be really winnable (I've played on normal - cheated once) and consider replacing -removing the Colosseum scenario, I've found it completely unnecessary. No gold carryover worked fine. Well that's all, thanks for reading this. Oh and one other remark,
Spoiler:
sergey

Post by sergey »

Poison wrote: July 27th, 2019, 6:53 pm Very nice campaign, i enjoyed it, I think it needs a little more care and it could be mainline, i liked the uniqueness of the objectives especially
Hi Poison. Thanks for the kind words :) UMC content is one of the reasons why Wesnoth is great. I think it is perfectly fine for this campaign to be an add-on.
Poison wrote: July 27th, 2019, 6:53 pm some scenarios could have one or two more turns to be really winnable (I've played on normal - cheated once)
I played on hard without turn limit issues. Other guys played on nightmare, first post in this thread has a link to the page with replays. Campaign has 5 difficulty levels and there is a message before the first scenario saying how to change difficulty in a mid-campaign. You could play those scenarios on easy. Anyway, I am interested what are the problematic scenarios? I wil consider changing the turn limit.
Poison wrote: July 27th, 2019, 6:53 pm consider replacing -removing the Colosseum scenario, I've found it completely unnecessary.
I think it means that you didn't like it. I have at least two reasons to keep it:
- It has unique gameplay.
- It is very important for my story. Narrator says: "Rark fanatically wanted revenge. It is ridiculous for him to doubt why he wants it. However, are there any real goals behind his actions? Or is it an endless series of pain, suffering and death without any purpose?" The colosseum is his nightmare, which is a depiction of "endless series of pain, suffering and death without any purpose". That is probably ok for an orc. Narrator asks (between the lines) - is that ok for you? "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind."
Spoiler:
Poison

Post by Poison »

Well I had troubles in both the initial scenario and the one with the reaper, I don't seem to go well in survival type scenarios :( Just one or 2 more turns would be fine. I'll check the replays to see the strategy that has been followed by other members. Regarding Rark's nightmares, I think sth stronger is needed but I'm not sure what, you suddenly see a dune burner and elves out of nowhere as a hero, it seems out of place (of course its a dream anything goes I understand this), maybe you could make a scenario with reaper again instead.
gaojicainiao

Post by gaojicainiao »

How to get the .po file?I may translate this campaign into Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
sergey

Post by sergey »

gaojicainiao wrote: August 24th, 2019, 2:21 am How to get the .po file?I may translate this campaign into Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
Hi gaojicainiao. This link should help https://wiki.wesnoth.org/GettextForWesn ... es_for_UMC
Root translations page is here https://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesnothTranslations, it contains a lot of other useful links.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Uploaded version 1.3.0 with Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese translations. Great thanks gaojicainiao :D
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

I already play this campaign on Youth difficulty, and I've reached the Nightmare scenario. Now the Nightmare began.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
sergey

Post by sergey »

DukeSwampy wrote: October 14th, 2019, 2:15 pm I already play this campaign on Youth difficulty, and I've reached the Nightmare scenario. Now the Nightmare began.
Do you mean scenario 3 "The Nightmare"? Is it too hard comparing to previous scenarios on Youth difficulty ?
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

sergey wrote: October 14th, 2019, 4:13 pm Do you mean scenario 3 "The Nightmare"?
Right.
Is it too hard comparing to previous scenarios on Youth difficulty ?
No, tommorow I'll continue to play this campaign.

I mean what happens with Rark on Nightmare? Will he betray his close friends?
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
sergey

Post by sergey »

DukeSwampy wrote: October 14th, 2019, 4:20 pm
sergey wrote: October 14th, 2019, 4:13 pm Is it too hard comparing to previous scenarios on Youth difficulty ?
No, tommorow I'll continue to play this campaign.
Just in case - keep in mind that there are 5 difficulty levels and you may change the difficulty in a mid campaign. I personally like to change difficulty in a mid campaign if it becomes too easy or too hard.
DukeSwampy wrote: October 14th, 2019, 4:20 pm I mean what happens with Rark on Nightmare? Will he betray his close friends?
There are several nightmare scenarios and they happen only inside his head and don't affect other scenarios. These nightmare scenarios are his bad dreams when he sleeps. The external story of this campaign is rather primitive. I focused on the internal feelings of the main character, which is my sublimation of the child-parent problem. Parents do their best, yet children don't get enough parental love and have to deal with that and accept their past as they grow older.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

sergey wrote: October 14th, 2019, 4:59 pm Just in case - keep in mind that there are 5 difficulty levels and you may change the difficulty in a mid campaign. I personally like to change difficulty in a mid campaign if it becomes too easy or too hard.
Okay, then.
There are several nightmare scenarios and they happen only inside his head and don't affect other scenarios. These nightmare scenarios are his bad dreams when he sleeps. The external story of this campaign is rather primitive. I focused on the internal feelings of the main character, which is my sublimation of the child-parent problem. Parents do their best, yet children don't get enough parental love and have to deal with that and accept their past as they grow older.
Very well, I'll look the fact storyline.
Regards, Swampy.

Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Wrong time of day, after getting out of cave in S7, looks like opposite of the cycle:
  • Second Watch
  • First Watch
  • Dusk
  • Afternoon
  • Morning
  • Dawn
But is it intentional?
Regards, Swampy.