RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheKevinator117

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.1 - 27.03.2019

Post by TheKevinator117 »

Sounds cool, I'll go update the campaign and run through it to see how it goes. Thanks for the campaign!
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TrashMan wrote: March 27th, 2019, 10:00 pm Odd. He has for me.

Another minor update. Fixed some text and tweaked some traits
You possibly already fixed that one in a previous version. :whistle:

EDIT:
Orcish Incursion
There is a Garrison Longbowman on 22,15 (Swamp), while 37,16 (Castle) iss empty (it's the only empty spot on the outer wall).
Part of the reason this happens is because you drop two units on 23,15 and none on 37,16.

EDIT 2:

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    ~add-ons/COTS/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/event] for tag [modify_unit]
    opened at ~add-ons/COTS/scenarios/30_DeepStrike.cfg:277
        included from ~add-ons/COTS/_main.cfg:1001
    closed at ~add-ons/COTS/scenarios/30_DeepStrike.cfg:282
and for loading 'Orcish Incurison'

The map could not be loaded: Unknown tile in map: (Gg^BrVa) 'Gg^BrVa'
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.3 - 28.03.2019

Post by TrashMan »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

It's always something. That's a closing tag typo. Mission 06 error is because the map assents haven't loaded (because of the first error).

At least it's a quick fix. I'll patch it up as soon as I'm back from work.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Konrad2 wrote: March 27th, 2019, 9:39 pm Walsh has no 'loyal' marker. (That's the loyal Bowman.)
I spoke too soon. It appears he does not, but I cannot figure out why.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
karl9000

Post by karl9000 »

I'm new to the forum so sorry if this isn't the place to post this. I've already played part of the campaign but I couldn't finish it all because of bugs. I played through part of the campaign and I love the Holy Avenger units. I was excited to find the campaign updated but when I tried to open it, I got this error report:

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/event] for tag [modify_unit]
opened at ~add-ons/COTS/scenarios/30_DeepStrike.cfg:277
closed at ~add-ons/COTS/scenarios/30_DeepStrike.cfg:282
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

OK,new version. I also added 2 new enemy units while I was at it.
I split the music into a separate download. Campaign starts for me, so it looks like it's working.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.3- 28.03.2019

Post by Konrad2 »

Healers gain xp by standing next to a unit, they don't care whether that unit is damaged.

I recommend listing those mods as dependencies, that way you can profit from fixes.
(It would also save me from reporting those bugs twice.)

EDIT:
Arcane Shield (elvish mage ability)
this unit... -> This unit...

EDIT 2:
'me' or 'Not me' are by no means proper authors. ._.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Just a heds up - in scenario 26b (Rescue) you might get an error message about a missing unit. The scenario will play, but a quick fix is to open the scenario in notepad and replace RedCMage with CMageRed.

Also, for completionists, I will list every scenario that has something to find:
Spoiler:

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
nenau

Post by nenau »

Hello and thank you for this campaign, it's really fun so far. Here is a bugfix:
the eagleseye trait seems broken: in cots_traits.cfg line 104, you shouldn't put the "%" in increase_accuracy (thats the reason why in the ingame description, there are two "%")
tralenor

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.0 - 18.03.2019

Post by tralenor »

TheKevinator117 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 3:24 pm Of course, thank you very much! it possible for me to send you the code or something? If so, I could try to do it if it would help. And thanks for the campaign, it's quickly become one of my favorites, so I appreciate what you're doing! For the meantime though, would you recommend I restart the campaign, the level, the previous level, or something else to see if that helps the heroes load? It also came as a thought to me that maybe I hadn't found all the heroes that were in the campaign up to there yet. I had the Lotios, Aque, and the elve archer (can't remember her name lol). The elder mage from the previous level did show up and I could find him on A New World, but for some reason he didn't actually have the same marking on the dot besides him that said he was a hero, so I'm kind of uncertain if he was supposed to be a hero or not. Including Ellduron and the mage, that'd make 5 heroes. I would imagine that I got my count right, but just a little something in case I may have missed a hero along the campaign and that's what's made the bug happen. Anyways, thanks again, enjoy what you're doing! If I could help in any way, let me know and I'll be glad to give further feedback on some more stuffs. Oh, on a similar note: Were there supposed to be saurians in A New World as well? I found an abandoned castle, but there was absolutely no sign of life other than the monsters of the land. I read back a little into the thread and found that saurians were mentioned for this level at some point, so I'm not sure if that is something that might also be missing from my campaign.
I had the same problem....

I went into the source of the scenario and at first found out, that there is a slightly different mechanic used to call the Mage compared to the other Heroes.
Basically, the mage gets spawned from scratch (it is the first time you ever have him as a part of your own team.)
While the others are spawned out of your recall list.
A little ingame testing showed, that this list is beside of a few Units empty (you can test that yourself by going into the castle and use the recall function...if you would do so, you would see, that only the loyal units remained in the recall list.)
So I further searched through the code and found the following lines of code in the prestart event section:

[kill]
			[not]
					id=Ellderon
			[/not]
			[not]
				[filter_wml]
						upkeep="loyal"
				[/filter_wml]
			[/not]
		[/kill]
As I understand it, this does the following: at event execution(which is at the very start of the scenario) it goes through your list of Units which you normally take over from your last scenario and deletes all Units which are not loyal (have zero up-keep costs (and in addition, your Leader (id=Ellderon) also wont be annihilated as well...

And here was the problem: for an yet unknown error/bug in my case, the Hero's didn't have the loyal trait, as they should have...
(at least that is whats specified by the author in the cots_characters.cfg file)

I'd recommend you to either load a save from the scenario cots_anduin and make sure that they all have the loyal trait(if they dont, you may can add them with debug commands or delete the codelines and then reload an anduin save and progress further :)

(note that the second option might be a gamebreak lorewise (since that way all your troops would survive the tragedy.))

I hope it helped you a little :)

BTW: Thanks a lot TrashMan for this awesome campaign.
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.5- 1.04.2019

Post by TrashMan »

You probably started play from verion 0.2.0?
The heroes had the loyal trait removed

IT can be fixed by re-doing hte mission 11 (Anduin) and modifying the heroes at start to give them loyal trait.

[modify_unit]
  [filter]
    id=Lotion,Aquae,Ithillien
  [/filter]
  {TRAIT_LOYAL}
[/modify_unit]
Last edited by Pentarctagon on March 31st, 2019, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [code]

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
M4ximusJR

Post by M4ximusJR »

Facing a problem starting the campaign after updating. Already tried reinstalling the campaign, musics, and tweaks but still can't start.

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    C:\Users\ROG GL552VW\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14/data/add-ons/COTS/_main.cfg

Details:

Preprocessor symbol 'POTION_STRONG' defined at ~add-ons/COTS/utils/cots_macros.cfg:1794 expects 2 arguments, but has 3 arguments
    at ~add-ons/COTS/scenarios/07_Ashendale.cfg:464
        included from ~add-ons/COTS/_main.cfg:1026
Last edited by Pentarctagon on March 31st, 2019, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [code]
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Oh drat. I forgot about that.

I changed the definition of POTION_STRONG in macro, and forgot it was used.

Easy fix. Open Ashendale, find potion strong, and simply remove the last argument (which should be image name). Or remove the potion entirely, since you cannot really pick it up anyway (map ends before. an oversight on my end)

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
M4ximusJR

Post by M4ximusJR »

TrashMan wrote: April 1st, 2019, 7:30 am Oh drat. I forgot about that.

I changed the definition of POTION_STRONG in macro, and forgot it was used.

Easy fix. Open Ashendale, find potion strong, and simply remove the last argument (which should be image name). Or remove the potion entirely, since you cannot really pick it up anyway (map ends before. an oversight on my end)
Thanks! It's working now.
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.6- 1.04.2019

Post by TrashMan »

I uploaded a new version. Should fix some errors in mission 30.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<