1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wisanggeni

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by Wisanggeni »

so, it's better to use the newest one?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Well, in general each new numbered version comes not just with improved graphics and what-not but also with bug fixes and the occasional security issue fix.

The latest stable version of BfW 1.14 is 1.14.5, which is available on Steam and PPA Vincent.
Lionic

Post by Lionic »

doofus-01, could you please help? I have attached the save game file where the enemy leaders are gone, but the scenario does not end.
Attachments
Tri2-Dark Planet (IIb) Turn 55.gz
(209.66 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Lionic wrote: February 14th, 2019, 10:18 am doofus-01, could you please help? I have attached the save game file where the enemy leaders are gone, but the scenario does not end.
Hello Lionic,
It looks like the filtering for victory needs revision. You can get around it for now by using the in-game command line,
  • type :debug
  • bring up the context menu (usually right-button mouse click), select create unit, create whatever enemy you want
  • right-click on the new unit, change its side to side=1
  • kill it with one of your still active units
If you defeat the robot duplicates before cleaning up all the lower enemies on side 1, I think this doesn't happen.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Lionic

Post by Lionic »

Thank you, it worked!
Lionic

Post by Lionic »

Had funny situation in the scenario were we had to defeat Sky Mountain. Destroyer held a speech for General Tristien who had been destroyed a turn before.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Lionic wrote: February 19th, 2019, 4:57 pm Had funny situation in the scenario were we had to defeat Sky Mountain. Destroyer held a speech for General Tristien who had been destroyed a turn before.
Thanks, that needs to be fixed.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Xanri

Post by Xanri »

Just playing Trinity again. Thanks for porting it to 1.14 :)

Unfortunately i am stuck at "A Different Thriumph" in Tri2. I am playing on hard mode and i simply cant see any way of beating the scenario, since you basically get killed - or at least cornered with 5hp - before you even get to the first turn. Is there any trick rather than debug mode?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Xanri wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 8:38 pm Just playing Trinity again. Thanks for porting it to 1.14 :)

Unfortunately i am stuck at "A Different Thriumph" in Tri2. I am playing on hard mode and i simply cant see any way of beating the scenario, since you basically get killed - or at least cornered with 5hp - before you even get to the first turn. Is there any trick rather than debug mode?
Huh, I don't remember that happening, but I don't think I've tested this on recent BfW versions. I'm not going to get to it anytime soon, but if you can post your start-of-scenario save file, I can try to fix whatever is wrong from there.

In any case, thanks for reporting.
Xanri

Post by Xanri »

Tri2-A Different Triumph.gz
(76.92 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Of course :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, I see the scenario is not winnable if the weasadillo has quick and can attack you in the first turn. This will be fixed in the next release. If you want to fix it before then, edit the file Trinity/scenarios2/Tower_3_pII.cfg to add a non-quick trait to that unit, around line 116

Code: Select all

[unit]
            type=Weasadillo
            x,y=2,5
            [modifications]
                {TRAIT_RESILIENT}
            [/modifications]                
        [/unit]
Xanri

Post by Xanri »

Thank you! :)
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Archaic Sounds is a dependency, but is not listed in description (I use web server to download add-ons, FWIW)

In the attached, attack the peasant in the river with the beggar. In the attack dialog, note that the beggar is really fearless. When he levels up, look at each possibility and note that the HP listed in the level up choice does not match the HP in the unit info.

Also, view the status table. Teams 1 and 2 claim to be on the same team but are fighting.
Attachments
Tri1-Prince Haldrad and The Beggar-Auto-Save9.gz
(36.93 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

At the end of scenario 1 coucil > council

In the attached, two units have both self-heal and regenerate?

Also, the objectives defeat conditions do not make sense.
Attachments
Tri1-A New Vessal-Auto-Save1.gz
(48.42 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
white_haired_uncle

In the attached turn 7, as soon as you move Dardrus inside the option to switch to the outside map disappears. So I made sure he was the last one to go in on turn 10, and on turn 11 he is stuck. EDIT: Okay, it looks like once I move units out the other exit, or to the next level he gets unstuck, but it's kind of confusing.
Spoiler:
In "High Lord" - I couldn't find a way to win honestly. As soon as one opposing unit gets in the way of my hero the enemy is bound to escape.

In Bitter Truth, there are a couple of dialogs that say things like "felt a comforting warmth...". I suspect there's supposed to be a character's name in front of that, but most of my units in that scenario have no names.

In some scenario I didn't record the name of, whench > wench.
Attachments
Tri2-Tower - Upper Levels-Auto-Save11.gz
(151.64 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Tri2-Tower - Upper Levels-Auto-Save10.gz
(151.37 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Tri2-Tower - Upper Levels-Auto-Save7.gz
(150.61 KiB) Downloaded 345 times