World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: World Conquest II

Post by gfgtdf »

i tested your savefile and when i remove the victory event from the 'Custom Campaign' mod from that savefile i no longer have problem advancing to the next scenario so i think this is caused by custom campaign mod.

here the savefile where i removed that event:
Attachments
WC II 1p - Scenario 4 maybefixed.gz
(117.33 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

I should have been clearer about it in the modification description that Custom Campaign is not guaranteed to work with Campaigns other than Random Campaign.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34170&p=633219#p633219
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Uploaded version 0.7.9, changelog:

Code: Select all

- The pickup promt can now be disabled in the wocopedia->settings page (this effects only the player that does that).
- Fix unit not advancing after picking up an item that decrease max xp.
- Improved gold carryover code to be compatiable with more mod addons.
- Fixed unit images in messages not scaled in plot sequences.
- Clear shroud after finding a hero in a bonus point.
And that's probably it for quite some time unless unexpected bug appear, i am not really an expereienced player so i won't do balance updates, also i currently don't have the time for understanding and changing the map gernerator code and i consider the porting of the game mechnics code somewhat finished by now.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Nice work gfgtdf. Your efforts are appreciated!
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

I got some lua errors saying that the variable 'wc2_utils' is not assigned before using in invest.lua:line 25 and random_names.lua:lin8. This only happens if I used eras other than the default WCII era (with WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS turned on).
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

wuxiangjinxing wrote: September 30th, 2018, 9:50 pm I got some lua errors saying that the variable 'wc2_utils' is not assigned before using in invest.lua:line 25 and random_names.lua:lin8. This only happens if I used eras other than the default WCII era (with WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS turned on).
please test this change https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... 29f8cc78b0 (not on the addonserver yet) and tell whether it fixes the issue for you.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

Yes the problem is fixed. Thanks!
gfgtdf wrote: September 30th, 2018, 10:08 pm
wuxiangjinxing wrote: September 30th, 2018, 9:50 pm I got some lua errors saying that the variable 'wc2_utils' is not assigned before using in invest.lua:line 25 and random_names.lua:lin8. This only happens if I used eras other than the default WCII era (with WC_II_CONFIG_ALLOW_ALIEN_ERAS turned on).
please test this change https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... 29f8cc78b0 (not on the addonserver yet) and tell whether it fixes the issue for you.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Uploaded version 0.7.10 with the fix for alieneras, it also contains a patch for faster mapgeneration.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

gfgtdf wrote: October 6th, 2018, 7:37 pm Uploaded version 0.7.10 with the fix for alieneras, it also contains a patch for faster mapgeneration.
I guess it's not on the server yet.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

oh seems like i forgot to upload it, now it is uploaded.
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

it's not working, AI is not recruting
in first mission
Last edited by vorwi on October 11th, 2018, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

oups no idew how tha slipped though, ... uploaded version 0.7.10.2
vorwi

Post by vorwi »

Ty
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

I am experiencing the same issue, around scenario 4, when loading the next map the games gets stuck.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote: October 15th, 2018, 11:59 am I am experiencing the same issue, around scenario 4, when loading the next map the games gets stuck.
Weel the bug mentioned abouve shoudl be fixerd, are you sure you (or rather: th host of the mp game) are using the latest version (0.7.10.2) ?