Wesnoth looks great!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

suvorov

Wesnoth looks great!

Post by suvorov »

Im back after many years and I am excited to see how awesome Wesnoth to play some old campaigns.
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
firefox

Re: Wesnoth looks great!

Post by firefox »

i, too, just returned to the game.
so far i only saw the main screen and some menus, but even just that was amazing =(^.^)=
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
mysterious_haruko

Post by mysterious_haruko »

Wesnoth after these years still looks great. It's like a good fermented wine for me and always welcoming when I feel tired from my other games.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

You know, I'll chime in here too.

There are so many FOSS games out there which never get very far, sadly. There are many others which have devs that are snobby or otherwise difficult to approach. Of course, there are also many bossy users out there who feel like they own a project simply because it's FOSS …

Anyway and as I was saying, among so many other FOSS games I have installed, Wesnoth is one of the few which actually feels complete and quite playable, with a better-than-average UI. Heck, I've seen quite a few non–FOSS games which don't offer such a good UX.

I'm not being cruel here — I am quite willing to participate in making a project better, — but I think it would do well to mention a few others.
I've got Lincity-NG installed, but the Help pages are inadequate, and so I need to learn a lot by deductive reasoning and trial-by-error; it also is missing a lot of the depth that other similar games have had. FreeOrion is decent as it is, and it keeps bringing me back too, but is — for now — missing so many features which we've come to expect from that sort of thing. FLARE had some oversights which really killed the experience for me. Warzone2100 has a few too many clunky features that make it unsatisfying.
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

The only game experience that ive had that comes close to wesnoth is Dominions 5. To really play by email, average one turn a day, it took 3 months before I finished my first multiplayer game.

As for wesnoth, im gonna dig up those old bob the mighty adventure scenarios.
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee