CANT CONNECT to wesnoth server

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
princemoga

CANT CONNECT to wesnoth server

Post by princemoga »

Hello ,

After a break, I started playing wesnoth again before approximately 1 month. Everything was fine until today.

I am trying to connect the whole day to the server, but 'Reading from server' stays at 0% and than I receive the following error: 'Remote host disconnected'

My connection is fine I am also able to download add-ons but I can't play online. I have not changed any settings since yesterday(when everything was okay and I was able to play online). What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

P.S. I was not sure if this is the right sub-forum I hope I did not choose the wrong place to write about my problem :) .
enclave

Re: CANT CONNECT to wesnoth server

Post by enclave »

usually if i have similar problem then i can't access the wesnoth.org webpage too... so it just means that the server is down for everyone.

Otherwise
first thing try to enter alternative server (Multiplayer -> connect to server -> view list -> select Alternate Server),
a) if there is a lot of people, then it's a problem not only yours, but something wrong with server maybe..
b) if you can not connect there too, then probably something wrong with your settings..
in both cases if u still have problem, report back what you tried and what was the result... maybe Admins can help when they know more details of your problem.

PS. when i had reading from server 0, i think it was server problem.. but who knows what it is in your case.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: CANT CONNECT to wesnoth server

Post by Pentarctagon »

Server status can also be found here.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code