Wesnoth 0.8.11

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

darksteel

sorry

Post by darksteel »

Sorry for the inconvience.I will be more patient. :(
HenrikOxUK

Post by HenrikOxUK »

Release notice posted on our new front-page: http://www.theopencd.org/

Feel free to notify us or submit stories/interviews etc. relating to Wesnoth (or other OCD apps) on the site.

Btw: we're preparing our next release for April 6th.

- Henrik
TheOpenCD project
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

I uploaded the MacOSX Version to Sourceforge yesterday afternoon, so hopefully it will now have propagated to the mirrors :)

Generally though patience is good :)

Always bear in mind that the porters are just folks doing it out of the kindness of their heart and for the love of the project. I always tend to produce the Mac one as fast as I can... and if I'm away for a while will let someone know so that another can step in :D
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Usable download link for Mac OS X, for those who can't wait a second longer :)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Na'enthos

Post by Na'enthos »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Usable download link for Mac OS X, for those who can't wait a second longer :)
Thanks, EP. :)

Oh.. and thanks to Sithrandel, of course.
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Many thanks to Sith for his tireless work in bringing we Macphiles BfW so quickly, and his graciousness in the face of endless demands to deliver faster.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Yes, kudos Sithrandel. May your feet be ever-faithful.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
tralese

Post by tralese »

Is there a way to download the campaigns directly rather than having to download them through the game campaign menu?
Tralese.
"Work before you play, BUT PLAY!"
scott

Post by scott »

Not really. The campaign server uses a custom protocol that you can't access through http or ftp. You can ask a campaign writer to make it available via http, but the hassle of doing so is why we all moved to the in-game server. You can find who the campaign writer is on the wiki or campaign forum. Can I ask why?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
schnorko58

any way to post patches/diffs?

Post by schnorko58 »

I appreciate all the work you are doing, but I really wish you could post diffs or patches
or something for the source code. Surely your version control system would make this
fairly easy (?). I like to play once a week with a friend on the server, and I have dialup, so it is disappointing to find out that I need to make a 16M download.
dtw

Post by dtw »

Have you guys considered actually putting more explicit info about individual platform "releases" on the homepage news section? That area is so under used - if it said

"All platform ready except Mac - please want for an annoucement here from Sith" you really could save yourselves some grief! But it's the whole effort to save effort thing...
scott

Post by scott »

At least there could be a sentence that says what we tell people a million times when they come looking for a new release. The pain is just exacerbated by 3 releases so close together.

Downloads

Latest release
- source code

Binaries: If the latest release for your OS is not listed here, you must be patient. Binaries are provided as a service by volunteers who are not affiliated with the project.
- BFW for windows
- BFW for mac
- more binaries

Bleeding Edge
- cvs

Changelog
... etc ...
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

scott wrote:volunteers who are not affiliated with the project.
"Non-official volunteers" might be a better way to say that... I don't think you want to be saying that Dave isn't affiliated with the project :wink:
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
scott

Post by scott »

You could say the service is not affiliate with the project

You know what I mean!
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Gafgarion

Re: any way to post patches/diffs?

Post by Gafgarion »

schnorko58 wrote:I appreciate all the work you are doing, but I really wish you could post diffs or patches
or something for the source code. Surely your version control system would make this
fairly easy (?). I like to play once a week with a friend on the server, and I have dialup, so it is disappointing to find out that I need to make a 16M download.
You could use CVS.
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry