War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mantra

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews

Post by mantra »

Hello, I love this campaign, get storytelling and fun battles. But I ran into an issue.

Sometime during scenario 12 Immortal Fire, I lose Menon as a character. I know he comes out at the end, but only because of the reactions of the other characters. After this point, the dialog just skips over him. In the next scenarios, he is still missing, but the characters continue to talk around him.

The same thing happened to me in A Song of Fire, I lost Dvalin somehow, but the way I resolved it was starting over and making sure to keep an eye on that dwarf so he doesn't disappear on me.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to start over again but I will if I have to.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Hello, mantra! Do you remember the exact turn Menon disappeared? I've been looking in the scenario's file, I didn't see anything that could have made him disappear, but if I know the turn in which it happened, I may find the cause. Or did it happen before/after a specific event?
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
mantra

Post by mantra »

No, I don't remember. I think it might have happened during the scenario where Maat'kare is under attack. It doesn't matter now since I already started over and this time things are going much better, I'll keep an eye on my main characters and let you know if it happens again.

Thank you.
Shield

Post by Shield »

I'd like to report a bug.

In the map editor, this campaign replaces the mainline drake village with this campaign's orange variant of the drake village; as in, in the core terrain selection, it shows this campaign's particular terrain tile instead of the one it should.
None of the other campaigns in this series seem to do this. Can you deal with this?
(I'm using the version for 1.12.4, by the way, if that helps)
Creator of Lonely Era.
Here's my art!
I'm also on Tumblr.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

I see... I thought I had corrected that already :doh: Anyway, I'm going to release a new version of this campaign in the following weeks (as soon as my final exams are over), and I'll make sure to correct that ;)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Lockindal

Post by Lockindal »

Hi
Very fun campaigns, much enjoyment. I do get irritated with the amount of HUGE battles sometimes though. You should reduce those a bit in future campaigns if you make any.

I'll comment on all of the maps in future, for now, just wanted to say:

Folk of the Forest
needs rebalanced. You have two allies, both strong, and the 3 opponents fight eachother and get mauled? I only killed the mino, the folk and the carapaces killed the others.

Raging Thunder
needs rebalanced. The enemy get too much money when boss appears and summons WAY too many lv3 units. The ally does not get enough money, summons mostly lv 2 units which fall hard to the massive amounts of lv3 units of enemy. He wasn't really a game changer at all. Comes too late, and is too weak.
EDIT: the scenario was pretty easy when I changed tactics and just assinated the purple dwarf with night stalk and was more defensive until way later. Might be the way you designed it. The friendly leader, while weak, gets reinforced pretty quickly and the enemies dont seem programmed to over run him.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Lockindal wrote:Hi
Very fun campaigns, much enjoyment. I do get irritated with the amount of HUGE battles sometimes though. You should reduce those a bit in future campaigns if you make any.

Folk of the Forest
needs rebalanced. You have two allies, both strong, and the 3 opponents fight eachother and get mauled? I only killed the mino, the folk and the carapaces killed the others.

Raging Thunder
needs rebalanced. The enemy get too much money when boss appears and summons WAY too many lv3 units. The ally does not get enough money, summons mostly lv 2 units which fall hard to the massive amounts of lv3 units of enemy. He wasn't really a game changer at all. Comes too late, and is too weak.
EDIT: the scenario was pretty easy when I changed tactics and just assinated the purple dwarf with night stalk and was more defensive until way later. Might be the way you designed it. The friendly leader, while weak, gets reinforced pretty quickly and the enemies dont seem programmed to over run him.
I'm glad you're enjoying it! :-D
About the big battles... Perhaps War of the Jewel does have more of them than the other campaigns of the Trilogy, but that was just because the campaign would be much longer than I wanted it to be, so I ended up making longer scenarios, with more fighting and more dialogues.
- Folk of the Forest: I've noticed that as I'm replaying the campaign, will give some thought about it.
- Raging Thunder: I only made Argatyr's side so strong because of the player's two allies; also, at that height of the campaign Akhen, Merwe, Mahyus and perhaps Branwyn should have their special attacks available already, and so I thought I should make the enemy side a bit strong in order to match the flurry of Whirlwind and Explosive attacks :-)

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

So, version 0.2.2 is out! Mostly just gave some tweaks to the prose and to gameplay, but also corrected the bug that caused the Arajunnan village type to overlap the core drake village.
BTW, I'll be testing all my campaigns on the 1.13 version in the following weeks, beginning with A Song of Fire :)

Code: Select all

Version 0.2.2

- Scenarios
    - Ancient Fire: Increased Afallon's starting gold
    - Raging Thunder: Player units now need to stay only 1 turn on the dam in order to break it
    - Many corrections/slight alterations to the prose

- Artwork
    - Changes to Akhen's portrait

- Units
    - Gave Maat'Karian Watch Tower melee attack, changed its resistances
	- Fixed Merwe's missing Divine Lightning animation
	- Changes to Argatyr's unit type
	- Decreased the damage of Branwyn's Banshee Song attack
	- Changes to Menon's resistances

- Miscelanea
    - Corrected missing images for Watery and Lit Underground schedules

- WML
    - Corrected bug which caused the core game's drake villages to look like Arajunnan villages

;-)
Wisanggeni

Post by Wisanggeni »

Hi,
Thank you for making this awesome Campaign, i have play your Song Of Fire Campaign and have finished this one without any trouble from bug :D
i love the story line and the scenario, so i search for the sequel of this campaign
in this campaign (War of Jewel) i have found some bug in the middle of the game but i didn't take any concern with this bug because i can still paly this campaig until i play the scenario 9 "Dark Eclipse" i found this error in the beginning of scenario its say "error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: Demilich" and then the scenario can't be load.

P.S. i'm truly sorry if my language confuse you, i hope my english didn't fail me :( its my first time to make any post in here
Keep spirit for making awesome Campaign
Thanks, Maturnuwun :)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Wisanggeni wrote:Hi,
Thank you for making this awesome Campaign, i have play your Song Of Fire Campaign and have finished this one without any trouble from bug :D
i love the story line and the scenario, so i search for the sequel of this campaign
in this campaign (War of Jewel) i have found some bug in the middle of the game but i didn't take any concern with this bug because i can still paly this campaig until i play the scenario 9 "Dark Eclipse" i found this error in the beginning of scenario its say "error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unit type: Demilich" and then the scenario can't be load.

P.S. i'm truly sorry if my language confuse you, i hope my english didn't fail me :( its my first time to make any post in here
Keep spirit for making awesome Campaign
Thanks, Maturnuwun :)
No problem, I could understand you well, and thank you for enjoying my campaigns so much! ^_^
This bug is due to a renaming of War of Legends' units, but I'll release a corrected version this Sunday, so I ask you to wait just a little longer (I'm writing this just before going to sleep, you see :P )

;-)
Wisanggeni

Post by Wisanggeni »

Ok, no problem ^_^
In which server you would release the new version, in 1.12 add-ons or in 1.11 add-ons?
Thanks for your kindness :)
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

Hey I've been playing this campaign and I'm at the scenario Forces of Nature and menon didn't appear so I can't complete the objective.( He hasn't appeared in any other scenarios starting at the scenario dark eclipse and i don't know if he's supposed to but it would explain a lot of the holes in the dialogue)
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Small bug
Attachments
wesnoth.jpg
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Please help me.
I have problem with scenario Water of Light.
Main enemy has 8 000 gold and i have only 25 turns to beat this army.
I know that i need to kill only enemy boss but enemy forces are so big that i can't move around them. An i can't kill them within time.
donatep75

Post by donatep75 »

I do not have Mahyus as part of my characters, the story line keeps on fine, but I never got to know who Mahyus is, any suggestions on how to fix it that does not involve starting over?