change the Save window

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:

Are your Saved game ordered?

Yes, I have done a single match in my life and I haven't saved, so...
No votes
Yes, but sometimes my sister play to the game and overwrite my saved mission.
No votes
Yes, My memory is perfect and I remember all 23454 match that i have played
42%
Ordered? Where is my last saved game? It was here...
58%
No...
No votes

Total votes: 12

DarkAmex

change the Save window

Post by DarkAmex »

It Should be a good idea to divide the saved Campaign game from the single game. So the action of saving and loadingis more fast and efficient and the autosave on single mission will not overwrite the champaign one.
Last edited by DarkAmex on June 7th, 2005, 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Better yet, separate directories for each campaign too. I have too many saves to find the one I want easily.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:Better yet, separate directories for each campaign too. I have too many saves to find the one I want easily.
OH YES.

This would be such a good feature.

I'm not sure how practical it would be though...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Invisible Philosopher wrote:Better yet, separate directories for each campaign too. I have too many saves to find the one I want easily.
OH YES.

This would be such a good feature.

I'm not sure how practical it would be though...
OH YES PLEASE.

I've been wanting this ever since the game *had* multiple campaigns
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

That would be right now a big big advance to make playing Campaigns better... It #|@€¬ allways to search for the right game when loading or so or if you wish to see a replay from an another campaign... hate to scroll down and search for the right one...
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Mkgego wrote:That would be right now a big big advance to make playing Campaigns better... It #|@€¬ allways to search for the right game when loading or so or if you wish to see a replay from an another campaign... hate to scroll down and search for the right one...
same here. I think you would have to subdivide the campaigns by their define=, or else add a new attribute into [campaign] tags that has the subdir. name, because it is technically possible for a scenario to be used in multiple campaigns, but the saves should be in different ones.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

turin wrote:I think you would have to subdivide the campaigns by their define=, or else add a new attribute into [campaign] tags that has the subdir. name, because it is technically possible for a scenario to be used in multiple campaigns, but the saves should be in different ones.
Yes, I think the appropriate thing to do is name the actual groups by campaign define, but when loading saves, display the corresponding campaign's name (which can be translated).
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
AkitoScorpio

Post by AkitoScorpio »

How do you do single game... I can't figure it out.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

AkitoScorpio wrote:How do you do single game... I can't figure it out.
Multiplayer -> Human vs AI -> play your game.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
aelius

Post by aelius »

I too would love to see this. Right now I have three saved files for every scenario in my campaign so I can playtest them, and it's very cumbersome to find games I'm actually playing for fun!

- b.
PDF

Post by PDF »

Very good suggestion ! 8)
PDF
DarkAmex

modifications

Post by DarkAmex »

Could be a goog idea to make possible the creation of directoryes in the save/load windows so the player can save/load his campaign and missions were he want.
(so if two user play on the same computer they can subdivide their missions - now is a little caotic...)
If you want to help the italian translation you can subscribe the mailing list at
wesnoth-l10n-it-subscribe[AT]cirulla[DOT]net

My e-shop project:
http://www.openbaza.it
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I am not programming Wesnoth, and I don't know C++. But as far as I know, programming that musn't be difficult :) . You just browse in the saved games directory. And that kind of things are easy to program. Just ask it in the development forum, or ask it a core developer. Because I think that an improvment of the save menu is REALLY needed! :D
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Tux2B wrote:You just browse in the saved games directory. And that kind of things are easy to program.
Please submit a patch, it will most certainly be considered for inclusion.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
DarkAmex

Post by DarkAmex »

I'm not a programmer so i cannot help you... but if you want i can try to design the graphical structure of the main windows...
If you want to help the italian translation you can subscribe the mailing list at
wesnoth-l10n-it-subscribe[AT]cirulla[DOT]net

My e-shop project:
http://www.openbaza.it