Ban this ID "JohnnyBtime"

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

if

Ban this ID "JohnnyBtime"

Post by if »

hi everybody

The person holding that ID play and when he is near to loss he runaway... this happened twice (that said that he want to sleep, okay if u want to sleep then why u started game and game is near to finish)... and last time Today before when i am posting this thread....

my question is How to ban these kind of ppl... like in other Online Games (Dune2000, RedAlert etc.) have Online Server Adminsitrator who can ban ppl like that who don't even know the General ethics of life and society...

thx...
Circon

Post by Circon »

We don't ban people from the public server, especially not for one complaint. You're free to ban him from your games, though. Use :ban <nickname>, IIRC.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Is there any possibility to ban player in game lobby?
scott

Post by scott »

He doesn't own that id, either. I could login as "JohnnyBTime" if I wanted to. But I prefer "scott"

I fear if we moved to a ranking system, losers like this would become more common. It's probably just some 11 year old kid.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: Ban this ID "JohnnyBtime"

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

if wrote:The person holding that ID play and when he is near to loss he runaway...
What? This is an incredibly NON-BAD thing to do. There is absolutely no reason that anyone should be even remotely considered for banning for this kind of behavior. Of course it is impolite to just run away from someone you're playing a game with, but that's not a serious offense. (I usually say "I give up, there's not real point playing anymore" before I do this kind of thing.)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
DoT

Post by DoT »

You still won and you didn't have to waste your time trying to end the game.. ur soooo lucky... =P
And who's to care
If I grow my hair to the sky
I'll take a wish and a prayer
Cross my fingers
Cause I always get by
if

Post by if »

Circon wrote:Use :ban <nickname>, IIRC.
thx... i got it...
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

I played with him and it was a good game. People sometimes have to leave game, and I think, IF, that you was only unlucky and you meet him in bad time.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Dragonking wrote:People sometimes have to leave game
It's still impolite to leave without explaining yourself first.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
scott

Post by scott »

I fell asleep in the middle of a game once. Is that rude?

It was like 5 am.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
if

Post by if »

Dragonking wrote:I played with him and it was a good game. People sometimes have to leave game, and I think, IF, that you was only unlucky and you meet him in bad time.
it's okay now... at that time, i am too much angry on him... because 3 games in a row not completed... :lol: