The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Konrad2 »

maybe dont charge so much and move with caution? in my case the most enemies went for the academy and i just baited one guard after another (orcs) and killed them/farmed XP and then killed orc boss
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Crow_T wrote: That didn't happen- they just stayed in their keeps and were pretty much ignored the whole time. Easy level, 1.10.6.
That's not supposed to happen. Send me your save file please.

Another strategy would be make an all out assault on the orcs.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Posting a replay would be pointless I think because I ended up hacking the scenario cfg pretty thoroughly just to get past (this is the only one I did that with btw, so far the rest have been pretty fun).
LordBambush

Post by LordBambush »

Hi!

I too have the same problem in the scenario drastic measures, dwarven fighter cannot promote to dwarven rune smiths.
I play with 1.10.7 and try with 1.11.6 but does not work.

Thanks
aaa

Post by aaa »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:What? This works fine in Wesnoth 1.10.6.
The problem is that when you continue from one part to the next, you don't update the campaign extra defines, leaving the player without Dwarvish Runesmiths. (... and Armageddon Drakes, though that doesn't cause bugs.)

To fix it, you need to update the "campaign_extra_defines" variable when moving from section to section.

Changing the line

Code: Select all

campaign_extra_defines="ENABLE_LAVA_BEHEMOTH"
to

campaign_extra_defines="ENABLE_LAVA_BEHEMOTH,ENABLE_ARMAGEDDON_DRAKE,ENABLE_DWARVISH_RUNESMITH"
in a save file will fix future Dwarves, while existing Dwarvish Fighters can be fixed by adding "Dwarvish Runesmith" to the unit's "advances_to" variable.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

aaa wrote:
Lord-Knightmare wrote:What? This works fine in Wesnoth 1.10.6.
The problem is that when you continue from one part to the next, you don't update the campaign extra defines, leaving the player without Dwarvish Runesmiths. (... and Armageddon Drakes, though that doesn't cause bugs.)

To fix it, you need to update the "campaign_extra_defines" variable when moving from section to section.

Changing the line

campaign_extra_defines="ENABLE_LAVA_BEHEMOTH"
to

campaign_extra_defines="ENABLE_LAVA_BEHEMOTH,ENABLE_ARMAGEDDON_DRAKE,ENABLE_DWARVISH_RUNESMITH"
in a save file will fix future Dwarves, while existing Dwarvish Fighters can be fixed by adding "Dwarvish Runesmith" to the unit's "advances_to" variable.
This is just another addition to the number of things which I shall be fixing...
stillcen

review notes

Post by stillcen »

greetings;

I have played a few scenarios in this campaign and wanted to give you some of my thoughts before they dissappear....
Note: using wesnoth 1.10.4 playing on Medium difficulty

Spoiler ALERT++++

Loved the scenairo in the forest with the orcs in the top left and the vampos in the top right.

I loved a chance to let the vine beasties really do thier trick with the loyal level 2's struggeling to keep up. It was just to easy. The Vine Beasts are great but would i would have enjoyed it more if the number of baddies was doubled and the turns increased. Try to hold the enemies at the river, maybe have to fall back and regroup and heal up.

Jumping forward to the Caves.
was it the Dead caves? had like 85 turns. I love a good slug fest, but keeping the "dukes" alive was tricksies. Kept having those undead charging horsemen suicide stream agaist one of my dukes, then a level 3 ghost reaper come in and kill'em off. The lack of cover hurt bad. Level 2 & 3 undead in the cave can dish out serious damage.

The scenairo after the above one where you finially take on the Emperor.
Very specific suggestion. Dont have the Hidden throne room pop so close the action. I was doing a bang up job of smashing and blasting the underlings, had the throne room reveal itself, and i had NO chance with my damaged troops/dukes with level 3 undead on their flanks. had to go back and not pop the throne room then.

enjoying the campaign, thanks for the work you all have put into it, and more later.

stillcen

EDIT++
It appears that i posted this in the wrong slot, this is where i meant to put the post. Thanks Admin for the correction, hope i caused not to much confusion.

I got to the cave with the elves and then the spiders. The game crashes; it appears that it crashes when the Black Widow monstrous spider attacks.

once again i appologize for my clerical error.

enjoy

stillcen
Last edited by stillcen on October 9th, 2013, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: review notes

Post by Iris »

So... to what topic did you mean to post this?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

From the look of it, i would say it was about "The Legend begins". It's (from what i know) the only campaign where you've got elementals, loyals, caves and an undead emperor.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Yes it is The Legend Begins.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Moved to the correct topic.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I think Maruful's sword is not arcane even though it says it is- damage does not increase vs undead.

Also the fire elemental turns useless at L3, in the 1.10 series:
firedude.png
Also:
Spoiler:
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Crow_T wrote:I think Maruful's sword is not arcane even though it says it is- damage does not increase vs undead.
It should be arcane. Perhaps there is no battle bonus since Maruful's alignment is lawful and you are in deep underground zone.
Also the fire elemental turns useless at L3, in the 1.10 series:
Damn, that is not suppose to happen at all :augh: . I shall examine this right now.... :hmm:
Spoiler:
Initially, Dead Caves was rather easy, but the map had too many narrow passageways and was tedious, as a player pointed out. So, I made the passages wider and may have a caused an excessive increase in difficulty. :hmm: Would you be kind enough to suggest improvements? :)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Damn, that is not suppose to happen at all . I shall examine this right now....
That's funny. There's nothing wrong with the advancement paths.
gooby

Post by gooby »

I should have wrote down other snafus I had in the course of this campaign but I'm just noticing now that In "Haunts of the Night" my allies behave foolishly and get themselves all killed—including Sadia—before I even have a chance of reaching the outskirts of the city. I am going to take them over but I thought I'd give you a heads up.

EDIT: In other news I've cleared the central isle of undead and have all heroes on it. I even checked the definition of AREA_GENESIS to make sure I had complied with the victory criteria down to every jot and tittle and still no dice. I give up. I just threw "conversation" and got out of there.