Citations from BfW's forum

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Raijer

Citations from BfW's forum

Post by Raijer »

I was reading some topics, the funny names one and Zerovirus' art topic, and i thought, those citations from Zerovirus are awesome, why not make a topic about it?
So, i hope everyone's gonna add his own citations, cause some are really awesome, and i'm not sure i have the time to read all the forum (maybe a year of holidays?).

Here are some, from Zerovirus:
Zerovirus wrote:And now it's time for a Pokenoth battle! Encountered wild Steelhive Era! Go, Melinath! I choose you! Use WML Editing Powers To Make The Steel Boltstriker A Lot Cooler! It's super effective! Wild Steelhive Era is Updated! Melinath gains 12 XP! Melinath leveled up! Melinath learned...

*Get slapped by Melinath*
Those two come together:
EvilEarl wrote:What would a lich lord want with creating an alcohol smuggling empire?
Zerovirus wrote:...Good question. Okay, so maybe I had a few too many mushrooms in that Buddha Delight the night before I posted the idea
And one last one:
Zerovirus wrote:Sprites for the Sprite God!

Pixels for the Pixel Throne!
Hoping everyone will add some, thanks in advance.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
alluton

Re: Citations from BfW's forum

Post by alluton »

Flamelash wrote:"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

This would be more interesting if we could see the quotes in context through links.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

valkier wrote:I shall now communicate entirely in Batman onomatopoeias.
Phyreprooph wrote: It looks like he's pooing out an glow in the dark alien from his brain!
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Not sure who wrote it way back then, but the discussion was about how units were able to communicate over vast distances of a map.
Cell phones. It's definitely cell phones.
Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

I might be a little late to the topic but I thought I'd throw that out there: in a thread about the history of the Wesnoth forums, 8680 made this post which also contains a quote database. While sadly most of the quotes are given without context, I believe there are some thread links in there too. Hope it still helps :)
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

oh man, just reading through that, and it already made my day :lol2: thanks 8680 for posting that
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

I considered linking to that when this thread started, but decided I’d rather leave my period of newcomerhood to lie forgotten. At least it made someone’s day.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

something i just found http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39295
Hey you all wesnoth addicts, I'm in need of your precious imagination to design a specific unit.

So here is the question : how would you imagine an incarnation of misfortune ?
The answer has to fit a few constraints : it would be walking, non-etheral, not too humanoid (not at all if possible), and a bit scary.

I first thought of a black cat, but it's not particularly fearsome. I mean, there's no way a spearman would think to himself, seeing a black cat, "oh no, a cat ! crushing fate is upon our head, doom to us all !", probably because it's too common.
Hmm, walking, not humanoid, but something so scary that someone would think their imminent doom is coming. So basically, something capable of generating fear so powerful that all hope is crushed as it approaches?

If I upload a picture of my aunt, could you draw her?

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Moderator Emeritus

Post by 8680 »

Paulomat4 wrote:something i just found http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39295
I suppose you meant “viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22606”. For the record, the quotes are from krotop and Turuk respectively.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

oh, yeah sorry wrong link :)

Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Thread
zookeeper wrote:I sat down to "try it out" sometime in 2004, I believe. :augh:
I post this quote here because I got sucked into Wesnoth the very same way: I got a new laptop and I thought I'd check out some free games. So I found Wesnoth and "tried it out"...
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Elfarion

Post by Elfarion »

I found this quote here
Midnight_Carnival wrote:I don't think the Drakes would really bother with fire magic becasue it would be like Brazillians learning soccer magic.
"Each of mankind's steps towards tomorrow is a breaking of today's laws."
- Sergej Lukianenko
pauline

Post by pauline »

Nice idea of a thread, Raijer !
Imo, the undermentioned thread about the "History of the Wesnoth Forums" is of archival value
and should be selected for permanent or long-term preservation !
I wonder what happened to this great project … Well, I´ve conceived already an idea of the hard job of being a writer,
but it seems to suck even worse and affects areas I could not imagine !
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 75#p553996
Ingenuity is required, artisticdude´s ploy is formidable !
  • One trick that I employ is taking an existing word/name and spelling it backwards.
    Naturally most of the time that result will require some tweaking to get it to a readable (or even pronounceable) form ...
sur.nhm:
  • I'm simply unable to come up with normal namesI tend to have uncontrollable giggle fits
:lol: I too. No offense meant !
pauline
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

This from the topic "Space ships", just under this one:
Wolkenwand wrote:the memorable: "*phssssssh* *khuuuuuh* *phhhhssssh* *khhuuuh* *phhhsssssh*" sound.

p.s: that is darth vader's breathing sound . . .
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley