New insight into statistics problems

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

New insight into statistics problems

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Perhaps it isn't the expected value being wrong... it's the actual value being wrong! After I dealt 7 damage in this multiplayer game, the 'damage inflicted' said '3'! Invisible Philosopher, who I was playing with, will upload his own save at the same time during the game in a following post.
Attachments
_Turn_4-ERROR!!!.zip
(5.41 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

BTW, I was the host of this 1vs1 game. here's the save.
Attachments
Charge_Turn_4-concurrent_save.zip
(5.1 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
silene

Post by silene »

That's great, now we have something substantial. I just replayed it and got 6 as the inflicted damage instead of 7 (let's hope the replay is wrong for the exact same reason the stats were wrong, otherwise only part of the bug may be fixed). Looking into it.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

When I loaded the save, the statistics said 7 taken on player 1's turn and 3 inflicted on player 2's turn, and when I replayed it, they said 6 taken for player 1 and when I tried to end player 1's turn, nothing happened.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
silene

Post by silene »

There are two bugs in fact. First the damage inflicted when defending was wrongly computed by using the attacker power: 3 was in fact the damage the saurian would have done to the troll. And second, the stats of the replay are added to the stats of the savefile: 6 was 3+3 (and now that I have fixed the first bug, it shows 10: 3+7).