Troj - The Tale of Jacky

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alex23

Re: Troj - The Tale of Jacky

Post by alex23 »

AxalaraFlame wrote:Sorry, I have not yet finished my last post.
Other issues:
1. All scenerios after scenerio2 shall recall the dog. He is your loyal pet, why can we forget him? :roll: (Jacky even mentioned that "At least I can bring my Wauwau with me..." in scenerio6)
you will be very disappointed that wauwau was lost in part2 as i forgot to recall him, although i have already changed that, its not uploaoded yet
AxalaraFlame wrote:
2. We should officially give Drogan a chance to upgrade to lv3. I just check Myth, and find that blood manipulators could still level.
3. You did not give back Diana's loyalty...instead, you took Drogan's loyal trait in the last version as well :augh:

idk the units should all be loyal... i will try to find the bug
AxalaraFlame wrote: 4. Patruk's berserk blade is really IMBA. It is either too powerful in breaking the enemy lines, or making him fairly weak in taking counter attacks. Besides, he already have a lot of awesome weapons, that berserk takes lot of risks, so I don't suppose it would be necessary.
I suggest to make it cautious berserk(offense only) or simply remove it.
ill remove his berserk, however I cant max patruck resistances as he has all kind of attacks.. only because he found
nd mastered an ice sword he isnt resistant too cold...(that was point 6 i know)
AxalaraFlame wrote:
5. Patruk AMLA at 200exp, Drogan AMLA at 100 exp. It is the default setting of maxium level, not personal preferences. AMLA exp=level*50. Besides, they can still be intelligent, cutting down extra 20%.
6. Patruk's maxium level has ice/fire/arcane weapons, but he does not resist any of those damage; Jacky ends up with a big blade and a throwing knife, but he could resist arcane/fire/ice! :augh:
hmm about jacky: i will need to rethink all of his abilities as the normal path is way to overpowered with all res 60% ca

and i willnalso make drogan advance once i think, as he is really far too weak
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I guess give Patruk some basic resiatances of cold/fire of 20% and 20% extra arcane won't harm. However, Jacky could level up 4 times, that is awesome...he has more than 100 hp, if he could resist all damage than he is gonna to be invincible. Anyway.
he has basically 6 movements but he can have the attribute fast(like every unit). Do you think I should change that?
Patruk has leadership lv4, and various of awesome attacks. Having 7 movement would make him a Lord of Wars...Just nerf him down to 6, and move Drogan's house 3 hexes nearer would be fine.
Idk yet how to do that, but i think by letting the dragons fight the nagas it might get too easy.. I think i should consider that as good or bad luck (as most of wesnoths gameplay is based on that)
I did it. I set the aggression for each side against each side, but I noticed that you might be right. The variables in this scenerio would be all eliminated, gone with the fun. This is wesnoth, and simple is beauty. :)
the best way too kill the bosses is using patruck on max level, as this difficult is hard i think i will change the turns to 24(on every difficulty) and maybe make a min terrain improvement.. I also thought of giving Jacky the possibility to be able to recall a few drakes ( if he lets the dragon live two campaigns earlier) to make that scenario easier.. what do you think of that?
Recallling drakes is a refreshing idea, but it would be a very strange scene to merge your troops with drakes, let alone you cannot explain why would Menelaos let you keep those "dragons" :lol2: . Besides, it won't be a good idea because drakes die easily against undead and saurians in this scenerio, so it is unnecessary anyway.
Add 4 turns+Non-berserk Patruk would be nice.

I guess stablize all traits of heroes and simplify their base units would be nice idea. What's more, they should be able to get access to various of traits, instead of taking three certain default triats.
Jacky: Strong
Patruk: Fearless
Drogan: Intelligent
Diana: Dextrous+Quick
Dog: Resilient+healthy
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

@alex23

New version tested. :)

Units:
1. Drogan STILL don't have "loyal". Besides, he STILL cannot level up to lv3.

2. Patruk STILL get berseker at lv4. He STILL don't have any fire/cold magical resistances on lv4.

3. Jacky STILL get magical resistances on high level.

4. The dog's berserk shall be a cautious berserk

1. Scenerio1, the enemy still recruits spears for no reasons...

2. Scenerio3, Drogan's laboratory shall be few hexes nearer, thus Patruk can reach it within three turns.

3. All other Scenerios. Why don't you recall the dog?
alex23

Post by alex23 »

Hmm I dont get why Drogan isnt loyal...
Yes I forgot to change Patruck, wil do it right now, I want Jacky to have magic resisatnces beeing the main hero.
What should it change having cautious berserk with medium hp/resistances/defences? 10 rounds or 100 (the usual berserk has 100) wouldnt change anything

Scenario1: Yes thats because The enmy wont attack jacky if he has only 1 unit besides the leader (and it doesnt matter how high his aggressivness is)
Scenario 3: will change it
Dog recall: thought the pet isnt that important of beeing recalled (beeing only a pet).. And because you shouldnt use him in some scenarios as he would die too easily(For example if you capture the coast and the dog hasnt lvled up yet he is very weak.. and foring the player to use him isnt a good idea)

Drogan lvl 3; I havent decided yet how he will look like/ what his attributes will be.. I really believe I should give him a unique cool weapon special and lower his max xp instead of letting him lvl up
I thought of giving him an extra attack (pretty weak) with a petrification weapon special that makes the hit unit not able to move for 2 or three turns
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

The lasting turns of "cautious berserk" does not necessarily matter, because I suppose he should only berserk when use it offensively (can not use it as defensive attacks). Thus it would be rather safe. In addition, default berserk is 30.

Drogan, Jacky, and Patruk could have far better sprites. You can check the Imperial Era and find it out, because some certain eras are still updating, while ageless stops to update spirtes for a long while.

You still should recall dog, simply because you don't really have many heroes. Besides, there is no successful campaign depends on one main hero, so make a few of them is fine.

Just some suggestions. Have fun. :wink:
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Alex, you should have noticed that you don't necessarily need feudal era units and Aragwaiths as your hero spirtes. You can use Era of Magic of Imperial instead. There are lots of them.
alex23

Post by alex23 »

Yes I know but in my opinion there is no better unit for Patruck then the one I va chosen for him, and for Jacky: I cant find any good sprite, but as soon as I have time (probably never :( with my university) ill make him a new one myself

EDIT: Just noticed that the aragwaithi have also updated sprites that look faar better than the old ones
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Yeah, university life is... :cry: I am in Caltech, and I do share that feeling.
I did not sleep yesterday's whole night, till 7 in the morning, I persuade myself to take a two hour nap. I had my chemistry test this morning, and I am going to the lab this night. I am nearly exhausted.

I will help you by the end of this week.
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

greetings;

I am playing along and i get to the scenario past the desert where you fight the dragons and the robots in the lava cavern.

I kill the dragon king and then the robot leader, and the scenario does not end.

err am i missing something

time ticks off and i lose.

hmmm

stillcen

ps i am using wesnoth 1.10.4