Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

I slightly shrunk the pictures, now it looks okay.
22.png
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

BUG: In MP there is an ID collision with phantom - it collides with Phantom of _Yokai_Poltergeists (probably from Ageless)

EDIT: And Duke collides too (but I don't know from which addon the unit is)
Last edited by Battlecruiser_Venca on September 30th, 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Dugi: pic & text look good! :D

In LotI1-An_Orcish_Assault: could you zoom to Mario when he is speaking?

Portrait(s) of EdC:
LotI1-An Orcish Assault-EdC-portrait.jpg
LotI1-An Orcish Assault-EdC-portrait.jpg (57.27 KiB) Viewed 3717 times
LotI1-The Assassination-EdC-portrait.jpg
LotI1-The Assassination-EdC-portrait.jpg (39.77 KiB) Viewed 3717 times
Edit: In LotI1-The Assassination Delenia's death is not stated as a losing condition

Edit2: I'm not sure if there's maybe something fishy with the weapons specials:
LotI1-Banished_backstab-code.jpg
Last edited by nuorc on September 30th, 2012, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Venca I would not call that a bug.
What am I supposed to do about it? Ageless era merges a load of factions, while a lot of them clash with other eras. For example, I made a search and found that that Phantom from Ageless Era's Yokai clashes also with Era of Darkness, not only with mine. I was posting plans for unit lists before, nobody warned me about it. Now I cannot fix that. If I did it, save files would become corrupted.

I can write to the author of Ageless Era to try to avoid these problems, because a big era means big responsibility, and he has more than one clash with unit IDs. And it is impossible to prevent it, Ageless Era does not show up in units.wesnoth.org, because something is broken there (maybe the excessive size of that era).
You can pack Ageless Era when not using it (as I do), it is anyway so huge that it delays multiplayer loading significantly, somebody said that it can take even several minutes.
Also, you can disable the LotI Phantom for multiplayer by deleting this line in its _main.cfg file

Code: Select all

{~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/units/Phantom.cfg}
this will make the game take the phantom from Ageless take his place and you will simply advance Deathblades to Grim Knights. Alternatively, you can remove that unit from your copy of Ageless Era, maybe that faction is rarely played.

Which one would you prefer?

@nuorc I cannot zoom at him when he is speaking, it is supposed to be done automatically, if he isn't shrouded or something, that he isn't. This is a feature of the game and an inconvenient position.
Two portraits: Ooops, leftovers from old versions before his portrait was made. Fixed, will be uploaded when uploading (not updating for every petty bug, I consider it rude towards other campaign-makers, as it raises the download count).
Missing lose condition: Fixed, will be uploaded when uploading.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Either there is something wrong or I am missing something: If Addry can poison I should see that in-game.
LotI-ws2.jpg
LotI-ws3.jpg
LotI-ws3.jpg (125.71 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
About updates: PLEASE only update when it's worth it. :D
1. I don't plan to go back to the earlier parts I "complained" about this year.
2. Each time you update I have to fiddle with the code...
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

When I update, the save files are retrospectively compatible for a certain amount of time (trying to keep it for several months, there are even a few pieces of code that care about it).

The absurd weapon specials on the recall list are a known issue, but solving it is not easy. I can easily remove it, but it would cause that:
Let's take the most extreme case, there is a unit that has a leadership-like ability that adds berserk.
The weapon special would never show up if the unit is standing next to it, and although the damage calculations would reflect it, but you'd get no warning.
There is another way to do this, but that one would not show it even in damager calculations.
I am thinking about making units with an ability of this kind display some flashy auras (making these weapon specials invisible), but I haven't done that yet.
And thank you for reminding me it, anyway.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:The weapon special would never show up if the unit is standing next to it, and although the damage calculations would reflect it, but you'd get no warning.
Bad.
Dugi wrote:There is another way to do this, but that one would not show it even in damager calculations.
Bad.
Dugi wrote:I am thinking about making units with an ability of this kind display some flashy auras (making these weapon specials invisible), but I haven't done that yet.
And thank you for reminding me it, anyway.
You are very welcome! :D

Still not sure what weapons specials are present... Auras might be a solution. In DruSi every faerie with a special had a flag indicating it. IIRC specials showed correctly in the screens & interface.

Unfortunately in LotI "GEARED" for example is neither explained in the interface nor the help.

Gems dropped by enemies are neigh invisible for example on forrest.

EdC's XP are purple even before he is max-level.

In EdC's advance screen, I think it would be nice if all options had an icon (I believe 'Magic' had an icon before):
LotI_advance-screen.jpg
Does 'better at defending' have the same icon through-out the campaign? Also I don't have a clue what effects that choice has.
I have a cunning plan.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

question: why does the Celestial messenger have a bad defense on water and swamp? i mean he is flying over it (he has wings and mc is set on 1 for both terrains)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

GEARED means nothing more than that the unit has some gear on it (I will add this description to it). It is just to make you see on the recall list which units have some items equipped on them.
Gems dropped by enemies are neigh invisible for example on forrest.
Hm... these things are intentionally harder to spot, but... not sure what should I do, I don't want to make them appear ten times larger, as large as a half of a unit.
EdC's XP are purple even before he is max-level.
Nothing can be done about this. Also in mainline, Kaleh advances, but his XP bar appears to be purple. Any specific advancement causes it to be purple.
In EdC's advance screen, I think it would be nice if all options had an icon (I believe 'Magic' had an icon before):
There was a typo, misile instead of missile once :oops:
Does 'better at defending' have the same icon through-out the campaign? Also I don't have a clue what effects that choice has.
It decreases the chance that he gets hit. And it does not have the same icon through the campaign, it is different for most units that have it.
question: why does the Celestial messenger have a bad defense on water and swamp? i mean he is flying over it (he has wings and mc is set on 1 for both terrains)
He uses the wings only to move faster, I never meant him to be a flying creature nor a creature that can fly if needed (like Drakes, Lethalia or Efraim under certain circumstances). He has an armour, not a heavy one, but still pretty heavy, so he could hardly fly in it anyway.
daggi137

Post by daggi137 »

I cannot load my game since I updated the add-on. See image.
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Just wanted to echo minardians bug of September 25th, 2012, 7:11 am : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... ms#p538664

Items and gems not always picked up when landed on depending on what is on top. I never found this in previous Chapters.

Likewise, when you picked up and equipped an item of a type that you already had equipped, you could go into the items menu and when you came out it gave the option to pick up whatever you had dropped so you didn't need to double back to get it. This isn't working in chapter 6.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@daggi137 You must have a very old version of save files. I am keeping the save files compatible for several months, but then I leave it, too much old stuff slows the game down. You can start from the beginning of the last chapter you've played or from the beginning from the next chapter. The jump between the versions is probably so large that much more things would be messed up.
If you're on 1.8, I have made a harsh update there, sorry, but the changes are so significant that it is like a new game.
Items and gems not always picked up when landed on depending on what is on top. I never found this in previous Chapters.
Found and fixed (I hope). It was tough, some pars of the items code were written so long ago that I can hardly remember what was it doing :doh:
Likewise, when you picked up and equipped an item of a type that you already had equipped, you could go into the items menu and when you came out it gave the option to pick up whatever you had dropped so you didn't need to double back to get it. This isn't working in chapter 6.
What? :augh:
Should it mean that if I pick an item up, an item of the same kind is dropped because two items of the same type cannot be equipped at the same time. Manipulating the inventory may let me pick it up without walking away and back to that hex. And that does not work in chapter 6? Because for me it worked, tried it just now.
daggi137

Post by daggi137 »

Thank you, Dugi, that's exactly how how it has happened. I will start the chapter again.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

@Dugi
Should it mean that if I pick an item up, an item of the same kind is dropped because two items of the same type cannot be equipped at the same time. Manipulating the inventory may let me pick it up without walking away and back to that hex.
Doesn't seem to be working for me in Chapter 6 so I have to walk away and come back. In earlier chapters I could right-click, press items, do nothing (or something!) then when I returned to the map it'd be as though I had just landed on the item I'd just dropped...

Sometimes the image of what was dropped isn't there when I move but it responds as if it were when I move back
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I fixed the problem with the image recently, it should be okay.
That trick was never intended to be working, but it does not seem to be a bad feature. And when I tried exactly what you did, in chapter 6, it worked in the 'good way'.