Wild Era Campaign - Dreams of Urduk

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Wild Era Campaign - Dreams of Urduk

Post by turin »

Hi all. This is Turin, here to announce the publication of a new Orbis Terrarvm campaign. (I actually finished the campaign several months ago, before I began my semi-retirement, I just had some technical difficulties connecting to the add-on server to upload it. This morning those difficulties mysteriously disappeared.)

This is a Wild Era campaign - meaning, it's NOT an Imperial Era campaign, even though it's set in the same universe as the Imperial Era. It takes place a few millennia before the events of "The Fall of Silvia", "Alfhelm the Wise", etc. The Wild Era is a MP era consisting of two factions, the Wild Menn and the Monsters, from this period of Orbivm's history. So make sure you have the Wild Era installed before you try playing the campaign.

The campaign is only five scenarios long - short, but fun, I hope. The plot bears an intentional vague resemblance to the beginning of "Watership Down", but without the evil-Nazi-rabbits allegory from the second half.

Enjoy.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
blue

Re: Wild Era Campaign - Dreams of Urduk

Post by blue »

Hey i started playing this campaign yesterday. It looks interesting but i cant finish the first scenario. The objective is to "bring everyone south through the swamps". I 've moved rasduk garan and urduk at the south edge of the map but nothing happens. Is there a specific location i have to get them to to complete the scenario? I tried it without having any other of my units left alive still didnt worked.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

blue wrote:Hey i started playing this campaign yesterday. It looks interesting but i cant finish the first scenario. The objective is to "bring everyone south through the swamps". I 've moved rasduk garan and urduk at the south edge of the map but nothing happens. Is there a specific location i have to get them to to complete the scenario? I tried it without having any other of my units left alive still didnt worked.
Yeah, they (meaning only Rasduk actually) have to go to one of the road hexes at (10-12,15-16). I thought that would be fairly intuitive, but I guess not. Oops. Guess I should've put a signpost on or something. :oops:
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
blue

Post by blue »

turin wrote: Yeah, they (meaning only Rasduk actually) have to go to one of the road hexes at (10-12,15-16). I thought that would be fairly intuitive, but I guess not. Oops. Guess I should've put a signpost on or something. :oops:
Okay thnx :)
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Dreams of Urduk is up on the 1.10 server right now, and is playable right the way through.
Very challenging on the higher difficulty levels (you have been warned).
Brought to you by the Orbivm necromancer cabal.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Rwlyra

Post by Rwlyra »

Simple, cool coffee break campaign .)
Good job on porting! By any chance do you plan on getting Alfheim the Wise up on 1.10 as well? ^^
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

I do.
Unfortunately that means playing through the thing and I'm a little short on time in the next few weeks, but depending on how many sleepless nights I have coming up, Alfhem will be back at some point in the next month or so.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

First Scenario seems to involve a lot of trial and error, with super strong hidden monsters that can easily kill your characters....
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

You're correct, the first scenario is probably the most difficult, but by using teams of units including sparkers and staying in the good terrain it should be doable. I've actually made the menn more powerful (they got their traits back) against the monsters so this should be easier if you've got the most recent version of the era (hey, every bit helps).
I didn't write the original campaign, but if you can suggest a way to make this level more doable I'd be interested to hear it and can work on an update. There's a number of changes (mostly to terrain) that I've already got planned, but more heads are always better.
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Weaker monsters? Increase vision range so the swarm monsters dont surprise attack you? More spaces on the opening recruit spot, thus giving you some canon fodder?
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

turin wrote:
blue wrote:Hey i started playing this campaign yesterday. It looks interesting but i cant finish the first scenario. The objective is to "bring everyone south through the swamps". I 've moved rasduk garan and urduk at the south edge of the map but nothing happens. Is there a specific location i have to get them to to complete the scenario? I tried it without having any other of my units left alive still didnt worked.
Yeah, they (meaning only Rasduk actually) have to go to one of the road hexes at (10-12,15-16). I thought that would be fairly intuitive, but I guess not. Oops. Guess I should've put a signpost on or something. :oops:
I dont see a road at those coordinates. You should probably have just used a sign post or actually had the scenario complete when all the units moved south out of the swamp