[Historical] Liberty

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Thanks, I should have realized that. Replacing the 'p' character with a '\' character works fine.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MadMax wrote:It has not been updated to use bridge tiles instead of pier tiles. What is happening is that it can't find the pier, which has been removed.
why didn't they wait a few releases to do so, like with other things changed (cavalry, heavy infantry)? that seems like the nice thing to do. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

turin wrote:
MadMax wrote:It has not been updated to use bridge tiles instead of pier tiles. What is happening is that it can't find the pier, which has been removed.
why didn't they wait a few releases to do so, like with other things changed (cavalry, heavy infantry)? that seems like the nice thing to do. :)
IIRC, the update was made very shortly after the initial release. What happened is that they assumed that people had enough time to make changes in time for 0.8.7.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MadMax wrote:
turin wrote: why didn't they wait a few releases to do so, like with other things changed (cavalry, heavy infantry)? that seems like the nice thing to do. :)
IIRC, the update was made very shortly after the initial release. What happened is that they assumed that people had enough time to make changes in time for 0.8.7.
well... we didn't. :) (actually, i don't think they ever made an official announcement).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

turin wrote:(actually, i don't think they ever made an official announcement).
No; it is here.
scott

Post by scott »

But you were using an older version, right? I'm pretty sure it's fixed.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

With Liberty 1.5.1 I'm getting odd behaviour with advanced units in wesnoth-0.8.7. If I play the third scenario and am defeated, then reload the start-of-scenario save, Baldras and the other level 2 units appear to be maxed out (with xp indicator of the form '18/' instead of '18/120'). If I quit and restart Wesnoth, then load the start-of-scenario save, everything is back to normal.

Could this be looked at? Thanks.

You might also want to fix Relnan's dialogue: encouter -> encounter.
scott

Post by scott »

This is a known issue, but one I don't know how to fix without changing the game.

Look at this topic:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3728

Note the lack of replies. A bug report is pending.

I will fix the dialogue error. As for the bigger problem, you probably noticed the XP accumulated under "no-advance" mode is still credited when you switch over to "normal" mode by loading a saved game or finishing a level. That's a silver lining at least.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

I thought I could live with this, but I now am trying to play Unlawful Orders using the start-of-scenario savegame, and the advancement status seems to be permanently off. I have Baldras with 114/ as a level 2; there is no way I can win this scenario with my advanced units held back like this. Sigh.
Attachments
unlaword.zip
how to get this to work - that is the question
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
scott

Post by scott »

Yeah, what you need to do is save the game right after the victory conditions clear then reload the game. Once you do everything will be normal. It only happens if you start a saved game at scenario start with L2 outlaws in your recall list (including Baldras).

I'm really sorry about this. At this point I think it's between systemwide L3 outlaws or this until the bug gets fixed.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Great, at least there is a workaround -- back to playing!

BTW, in the 5th scenario you probably want Kestrel to say
allegiance, not allegience.
scott

Post by scott »

ott wrote:BTW, in the 5th scenario you probably want Kestrel to say
allegiance, not allegience.
Ok, but if you ever find an "it's" when it should be "its" I give up.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Your its vs it's usage seems fine.

Unlawful Orders, on the other hand, was a real jawbreaker. In Hard, how does one win in 16 turns without major luck? I keep getting bogged down during daytime (in 0.8.7, poachers doing 1-4 against infantry hardly makes for fast progress), and when I'm finally about to storm the enemy castle, the 30+ enemy income per turn means I can't get past the cannon fodder to reach the leader in time. Turns 14 and 15 being daytime didn't help either! Finally did win (after over a dozen serious attempts), but there was far too much luck involved in the last two-three turns (Baldras hitting almost every time against the enemy leader, with little damage in return), and I also had to resort to reloading the autosave on the last turn when Harper got killed. Not exactly a convincing victory!
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

scott wrote:At this point I think it's between systemwide L3 outlaws or this until the bug gets fixed.
Why can't you copy all the outlaw files, change the unit ids, and use those for your campaign instead of modifying the units with the same ids? (although that might interfere with campaign backward compatibility)
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
scott

Post by scott »

This crossed my mind. I haven't done it out of pride. Why have an outlaw campaign when you can't actually use the real outlaws?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.