Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wookiechew

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Wookiechew »

I have played Wesnoth for the last 4 or five years. I have never been disappointed by it. It is the best game ever. I would be more than happy doing anything I need to to help the game grow.
Wesnoth Kicks Ass.
-High Lord Wookiechew
Tornek

Post by Tornek »

Name's Tornek. Used to play Wesnoth a lot, then stopped about a year ago. Now I'm back and a bit rusty, but still have a love for the game. See you folks on the battle fields. :D
elrondaragorn

Post by elrondaragorn »

Hello, I'd desperately love to learn open source programing and resolve some 1.9.9 crashing but there seem to be a shortage of teachers willing to show me how to take a map created in another graphic format and transfer it to wesnoth, resolve bugs, etc, and although I try to follow the proper way to report a problem as I understand the rules, I guess I don't understand what you guys want me to do. I'm not a programmer, but there seems to be an expectation here that I already know what I'm doing whe I don't, and I'm not finding people willing top be teachers. A friend of mine- Temichinkhan notices the same problem with getting help with wesnoth
when God says no he's got a good reason even if we don't understand it
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

To be honest, I can't see the Wesnoth community not helping you. On all of the topics you created here you got a (helpful) answer.

Regarding the maps, I just don't understand what you mean. There are no maps in another graphic format — Wesnoth maps just consist of terrain strings, which describe which terrain gets placed where. You can create them using the built-in map editor very easily. If you want further advice, you may consider opening another thread to not clutter up this one.

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

If you don't know much about coding, and want to begin somewhere, I suggest instead of working away at some campaign to test your coding skills, studying python really helps just simply getting the feel of things. :)
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
elrondaragorn

Post by elrondaragorn »

Someone told me there are certain programs that will take a map scanned into a computer and converted to photoshop and turn them into wesnoth maps, but wouldn't tell me how to do do it. I know they were trying to be helpful, but most of the answers I've gotten to my questions really didn't give me as much information as I needed. They seemed to expect me to figure certain aspects of the problem out on my own that wasn't as easy for me to figure out as they thought it should be.
By the way, where would be the appropriate place to post my map question?
Crendgrim wrote:To be honest, I can't see the Wesnoth community not helping you. On all of the topics you created here you got a (helpful) answer.

Regarding the maps, I just don't understand what you mean. There are no maps in another graphic format — Wesnoth maps just consist of terrain strings, which describe which terrain gets placed where. You can create them using the built-in map editor very easily. If you want further advice, you may consider opening another thread to not clutter up this one.

Crend
Last edited by elrondaragorn on September 26th, 2011, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Well, I don't know who and where they did told you that, but it's certainly wrong. Either that or I'm misunderstanding you.
If you want to create maps, just use the Wesnoth editor.

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
elrondaragorn

Post by elrondaragorn »

I've used the editor before, but what if you want to create a map based on maps of Mars? The long way is to do it manually, tile by tile in the editor
Crendgrim wrote:Well, I don't know who and where they did told you that, but it's certainly wrong. Either that or I'm misunderstanding you.
If you want to create maps, just use the Wesnoth editor.

Crend
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Then don't take the time to make one. Plain and simple. There's no arguing, because Crend just served you with potatoes and a biscuit. So, to reiterate: YOU CAN'T MAKE A MAP WITH A PICTURE. You will need to do it manually or make new hexes.
Theolain

Post by Theolain »

Hello all im a new player to Wesnoth and new to the forums and always think it is polite to start of a thread introducing myself .

Soooo....Im from the UK (i dont really know how international the comunity is). Im 27 and im into heavy metal music and JRPGS.

Only found Wesnoth about a couple of weeks ago and im already addicted. Not played multiplayer yet as i dont think i have gotten down most of the basics (Still finding some camaigns way too hard) but im slowly getting it (got to LoW but stuck on breaking the siege as i have a crap recall list from loseing most of my vets in the last senario and have no money).

Anyway feel free to introduce yourselfs and chat to me......im always really friendly!

(Will get a avatar and sig when i can be bothered and at home!)

posted this before but in the wrong place....now i have been told deleted it and moved it to the right place! :-D
Save a raid....... Hug the wall
ghyr-easeus

Post by ghyr-easeus »

Hi,

My name is Denis, I'm from Ukraine. I've began playing Wesnoth starting from 1.2.1 and I've never stopped to do it!
Micha

Post by Micha »

Hello, i"m Michael from germany and i lofe roundbased games. I" glad to found this wonderful game.
vodot

Post by vodot »

Just downloaded this game last week. I am impressed! Nice work. Projects like this are testaments to our ability as people to cooperate and produce something enjoyable. Looking forward to working with you and contributing.
R0biN_Ho0D

Post by R0biN_Ho0D »

Hey, I'm playing The Battle for Wesnoth now for 2 Month and it's a really great game. My goal is to create an own Campaign/Unit for TBfW. My Name is as you can see Robin and my greatest interest at the moment is programming my own TBfW campaign.
Wether you think you can, or you can't - You're probably right.
Finrod

Post by Finrod »

Never actually looked at the users forum. I've been on the forums for 5 months or so, been playing the game since 1.something. I'm hail from the Great USA. USMC!
Semper Fidelis! USMC all the way.