BfW in WIRED

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Fool
Retired Developer

BfW in WIRED

Post by Darth Fool »

Long time no post... but I thought this would be of interest, assuming no one has beat me to it...
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/07/b ... ewall=true
Caphriel

Re: BfW in WIRED

Post by Caphriel »

I saw that. RPG my foot :( The comparisons they made will undoubtedly lead to more people asking why units only go up to level 3, and how come their small band of heroes keeps losing.
boru

Post by boru »

And the map editor lets you develop your own campaigns and scenarios. :annoyed: Awesome.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It seemed like a mostly harmless review. I've never read an article of which I knew anything about the subject where I didn't think the reporter got it all wrong. He mentioned that it was a TBS and "mathematician’s wet-dream" (What?), and the editor does help write with scenarios - writing ASCII maps would really suck.

That said, will it cause a wave of disappointed RPG-ers asking for help with the scenario editor? We'll see.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

"How do I edit scenarios to make the game more like Fire Emblem? Thanks in advance!" :lol2:
At least Wesnoth gets some free publicity, though.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

doofus-01 wrote: He mentioned that it was a TBS and "mathematician’s wet-dream" (What?)
Just dig into one of the more elaborate random isn't random discussions and... well... you know...

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I'm kind of concerned for anyone having "wet-dream"s about Wesnoth.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

This reminds me of the wesnoth YouTube review... although that was worse than this.
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:This reminds me of the wesnoth YouTube review... although that was worse than this.
That review was PAINFULL. :augh:
Timshel