Woodmouse's art stuff [random stuff, page 49]

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Dixie

Re: Woodmouse's sprites [Ganesha, page 48]

Post by Dixie »

Sadly (note that I am absolutely no graphical artist though), I'm not sure your version is an improvement, Reepurr :hmm: No offense meant.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Dixie wrote:Sadly (note that I am absolutely no graphical artist though), I'm not sure your version is an improvement, Reepurr :hmm: No offense meant.
None taken. It's not like I'm any good at sprites :lol2:
seriously...
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Uh... not sure what this is, but well. It started as a cute furry thing sitting on cliff's edge, but it turned out to be a rock or something... :P
Check out my sprites!
woodmouse

Re: Woodmouse's sprites [something weird, page 49]

Post by woodmouse »

Double post... something more Wesnoth-like.
...yes, he doesn't have eyes on purpose, if you were gonna ask that. :P

I wasn't sure on how to make the jacket so it would look like leather, but at least I'm kind of satisfied with it overall, although the sleeves and hood ended up a bit weird...
Check out my sprites!
woodmouse

Re: Woodmouse's sprites [something weird, page 49]

Post by woodmouse »

I'll just post these kinda things on this thread too, since doing another thread would be stupid, annoying and probably against the rules.

I've done a few things like this, and I think I don't at least suck at this kinda things, but I don't know for sure, so if you think I suck, etc, say so. :P Oh and yeah, the ones I posted in the off-topic art thread as well, because I want people to see them as well, if they don't go there.

PS: yeah there's that same old guy more than once... epic old guys are awesome. :P

EDIT: made a new one so I put it there.
Check out my sprites!
johndh

Re: Woodmouse's art stuff [random stuff, page 49]

Post by johndh »

I won't pretend to have any talent at 2D art, but I think you could really stand to brush up on your arm anatomy. They all look like random blobs stuck together, specifically on the pig and the guy running through the woods.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

johndh wrote:I won't pretend to have any talent at 2D art, but I think you could really stand to brush up on your arm anatomy. They all look like random blobs stuck together, specifically on the pig and the guy running through the woods.
...but... that's the purpose. I didn't mean them to be realistic... it should be obvious. :shock:
Check out my sprites!
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

:roll: Thats what they all say... Even if you purposely want them to look blobby, that doesn't make it look good. Sorry if i sound harsh.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Frogger5 wrote::roll: Thats what they all say... Even if you purposely want them to look blobby, that doesn't make it look good. Sorry if i sound harsh.
...but it IS. :shock: They're "blobby" because they're meant to be like in the same style as the game Egoboo. Everything's "blobby".
Check out my sprites!
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Yes yes, I know your intending a cartoony style, i was just saying... Never mind.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
melinath

Post by melinath »

Egoboo is a great game. Also, I just wanted to mention that I am continuously impressed by your persistence. :-)
Trubbol

Post by Trubbol »

Cool sprites! I wish I had your levels of creativity. I am not a very good spriter, just a lot of frankensprites, kinda boring ones at that.
Check out my new sprites!! http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34347 ❤♪
And don't forget to look at my deviantart.
http://trubbol.deviantart.com/