Liberty

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bablefish

Liberty

Post by Bablefish »

Just finished the Liberty campain on 0.8.5 on Med.. All in all I would say that it was a really good campain. I expecially enjoyed the last senario. One problem I noticed though is that female outlaws don't have the ability to be upgraded to level three fugitives. I don't know if this is a bug or is intended, but it is rather anoying when you can't upgrade half of your fugitives. I hope someone writes another outlaw campain where you slowly pick apart a large army... Really enjoyed that too.

My two Cents
Mortsubite

Even better in HttT

Post by Mortsubite »

I agree completely- Liberty is a very enjoyable campaign. My only regret was that I could not level up Bandits, Outlaws, and Trappers in HttT. This made the option of Isle of the Damned an inferior choice to Muff Malal.

Then to my surprise I discovered in replaying HttT in .85 that I could now level these guys up to Fugitives, Highwaymen, and Huntsmen! This changes everything for me, and now Damned is a better choice than Malal.

Thank you for letting us build a human force that excels at night. My only gripe is that their movement in forests is not equal to that of the elves. But at least now there is no need to retreat human units at night- I move the horse and mage units back, and send the new guys in.

Any chance of getting a "bandit" mage that can get to level 3?
"Imagine waking up in the morning and realizing that's as good as you're going to feel all day" - Dean Martin on sobriety.
Mortsubite

Better mace/dagger attack for Fugitives?

Post by Mortsubite »

Sorry- forgot something.

Is it possible to see a better mace/dagger/sword attack for the Fugitive? The sling is really all he has.
"Imagine waking up in the morning and realizing that's as good as you're going to feel all day" - Dean Martin on sobriety.
scott

Re: Better mace/dagger attack for Fugitives?

Post by scott »

Mortsubite wrote:Sorry- forgot something.

Is it possible to see a better mace/dagger/sword attack for the Fugitive? The sling is really all he has.
You guys just picked apart all the secrets of my campaign in 3 posts!

- There is no female outlaw advancement on purpose because the L3 fugitive sounded weird making girl noises. It was a judgement call. I keep asking neorice for animations because I am afraid of what I would come up with.
- The rogue mage leader is intended to eventually be a L3 shadow lord, who will have magical melee, leadership, and a ranged cold magic attack. The whole line gets nerfed in HP and attack power to compensate. When I find my kick-ass description I will start on the art, which is really not my strong suit. The whole line should remind you of FF1's red mage.
- I accidentally commited "unit terrorism" with the L3 advancements. Putting [+units] inside an ifdef statement broke the campaign, so the way it is setup lets you use L3 outlaws outside the campaign. Shhh!!!!!
- I want to find a way to get thieves into your ranks earlier so you can level up a couple -- I think that would help things. I lowered the fugitive's attack power because of a balance issue with the huntsman and highwayman. I am looking into raising his HP.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

The fugitive is fine as is, IMO. Raise it's HP a little, but try not to do it too much. It is elusivefoot, meant to depend on high defense, not resistance or HP, to fight successfully.
That aside, it is a great campaign. I suggest you take the Lady Outlaw out entirely, though. It's annoying recruiting outlaws that can level up only half the time.
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

scott wrote:I accidentally commited "unit terrorism" with the L3 advancements. Putting [+units] inside an ifdef statement broke the campaign, so the way it is setup lets you use L3 outlaws outside the campaign. Shhh!!!!!
Any chance this could be fixed? In HttT, I thought the choice between Isle of the Damned and Muff Malal's Peninsula was quite evenly balanced before. Isle gave access to cheapish outlaws that help with some of the later scenarios, and presents the player with Moremirmu for free. MMP in contrast is a nice scenario for levelling units and collecting lots of gold.

If installing Liberty has the side effect that L3 outlaw units are available in the first campaign most people play seriously, then clearly Isle is going to be the preferred option. Moreover, we are going to see a lot of puzzled people posting about why they can't advance outlaws, and others insisting that they can. Let's not create more havoc than we need to!
scott

Post by scott »

I see some people are willing to deal with terrorists...

Fixing this would also allow me to fix the female outlaw problem without removing female outlaws for the other parts of the game. Like I said, I tried putting [+units] in an ifdef but it prevented the game from finding any of them. I'll try it again.

Edit:

Ok... please move future discussion to this thread:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 5&start=30
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.