Can't get user scenarios to load.

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Karisma

Can't get user scenarios to load.

Post by Karisma »

I really like the game, but when I downloaded user scenarios, I'm having a big problem. I'm on Mac OS X. What happens is, I'll download the zips just fine and put the user scenarios in the campaign folder (both the folder and the .cfg file). I also double clicked on the .cfg to load it into the game (it says it installs it) but when I try accessing it by going into 'Host A Multiplayer Game', it tells me it is an illegal character before I've even chosen a map. I can't find any other way to access the scenarios except through multiplayer. I've downloaded almost every user scenario, and I've installed all of them but I can't make it work. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

~Karisma
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

get 0.8.5. its out now. it has the campaign server. that means no more messing around with zip files.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kirit

Post by Kirit »

i had the same problem with my mac.

what i did is: open the contents of wesnoth and put it in campaigns(like u did). but then DON'T double click the .cfg file. i dont know what exactly happens, but it is put into the multiplayer-maps folder in your wesnoth preferences. and since the .cfg file contains all kinds of illegal map-characters it will say that the file contains...well illegal chars.

just put it in your campaigns folder and open wesnoth again. it should now appear under "campaigns".

it works for me...hope i could help.

oh yeah, my english sucks.

edit: @turin: how should he/she get the .8.5 version for mac if the mirrors aren't synced yet?
By moonlight we ride ten thousands side by side
With swords drawn held high our whips and armour shine
Hail to thee our infantry still brave beyond the grave
All sworn the eternal vow the time to strike is now
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Kirit wrote:edit: @turin: how should he/she get the .8.5 version for mac if the mirrors aren't synced yet?
wait the day or two it will take to get them back up.

you don't need the campaign right now, and waiting will save you a lot of hassle trying to get it to work...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Karisma

Post by Karisma »

Thanks, it was easy to do once I deleted the .cfg files from my preferences in the backup, they load in the campaigns now.

Though maybe I'll try the other version in a day or two when they are up. Thanks a bunch, both of you.

~Karisma
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

Maybe the game should select 'Load Game' first (instead of the top map) when you start to host a multiplayer game; that way tracking user map crashes will be more intuitive, I think.