Units moving by themselves?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
ryuzog

Units moving by themselves?

Post by ryuzog »

My units sometimes move by themselves, I have to undo their moves each time. It seems random, sometimes nothing will happen, sometimes 10 units will move. Movements that by themselves aren't reversible(e.g. into fog) aren't reversible, but sometimes even a regular one hex move will also be irreversible.(using "u")
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: Units moving by themselves?

Post by Gambit »

You've probably accidentally tried to move them further than they could on previous turns.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

To extend on Gambits answer, a unit can only move a limited amount of hexes per turn, if you order it to a specific hex that it will not be able to reach immediately, it will remember on the start of the next turn to go further. You can check if you highlight a unit that has used up all its movement points for a turn, it will show a track for the planned movement and the number of turns it will take along the way.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

And if you've accidentally set a planned move that you don't want, double-click the unit to cancel.
Alink
Inactive Developer

Post by Alink »

If the units do these moves at the beginning of your turn, then it's very probably what previous posters said (which is called multi-turns moves or simply 'go to' moves)

Now if you don't see how you inputed them, be sure that you use right-click to deselect unit, because left-click somewhere when a unit is selected will move if (of course), but if it had no MP, then it will silently create such goto move (you can see it by moving your mouse again on the unit). We should probably give a better UI feedback when this happens.

Last thing, if you didn't misclick, check that you don't do unwanted drag&drop.
ryuzog

Post by ryuzog »

Oh, that makes sense, I used to just click further than I could, assuming the unit would just go the maximum distance.
Like the way you would playing an RTS = )

Thanks everyone!~