Descendants of the Dragon - 2.1 Released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mu

Re: Descendants of the Dragon - 1.1 Released

Post by Mu »

The idea would be using the Japanese/Chinese words, but written in the user alphabet (originally in roman, since English is default language).
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

1.1 released on 1.7 add-on server
Last edited by mnewton1 on April 26th, 2010, 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Tet

Post by Tet »

I just downloaded. There was only the Northern Faction.The Ninja had no sprites. The 4 unites I could see where well done. I saw 2 fighters and 2 mages. Can you upload the missing sprites?
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

They are not made. bonehead11, our artist has gone inactive. He had not made art for the ninja yet. I published the era though.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Tet

Post by Tet »

Ask woodmouse for a tempory sprite.

He will help for sure. He is not professional yet, but has brilliant ideas.
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

That is a good idea. Will do.
Creator of Ageless Era
pinetemplar

Post by pinetemplar »

Found some bugs:
-samurai not upgrades due to : advances_to=DotD_Mounted Samuria,DotD_Elite Samurai

-witerobe dont heal :
[abilities]
{ABILITY_HEAL_10}
[/abilities]
miss "s" after heal

-enlighted and whiterobe have no image for melee atack because: sword-human-sword.png and must be sword-human-short.png

english is not my nativ language so fogive me my mistakes ;)

nice work by the way )
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks, I will see if I can fix that anytime soon.
Creator of Ageless Era
pinetemplar

Post by pinetemplar »

little balance comment:
- I think, that longbowman and swordman have not that much hp as you would expect wrom infantry, because you have only infantry against most of the enemy units.
- And 4-th level army looks to me not that much strong as it should be especially when they die really often because of their low hp and its hard to train them to that level.
bonehead11

Post by bonehead11 »

I havent been here lately... I apoligize for that but I have many other things going on...

Yay so many feedback.

Now lets resumarize suggestions:
* Fire lance: the first firearm of history. It was a spear with a powder charge inside its pole and a dart. It could be used in hand to hand combat, use the fire of the explosion, or the dart fired. The dart could be poisoned. Its unit would have 2 attacks of spear, 1 attack with fire (maybe melee), and 1 with the dart.
Nice idea it could be second weapon for ashigaru...oh and by the way, ashigaru will be redone for the south faction, so he will be more chinese like and renamed, but I cant find conscript in chinese nor free man.
* Rockets.
Good idea.
* Multiple rocket launcher: a machine with many tubes with rockets to be lauched in chain.
I dont think siege machinery is suitable for wesnoth.
* Handgun/Musketeer: I couldnt find the reference of wether chinese had their own muskets or they were imported from Europe or Turkey (in 17th century surely were imported). They had handguns for sure.
Chinese were first to have guns...so that isnt the problem, what I am concerned is about changing the trooptree, will think about it.
* Crossbow.
Already there.
* Repeating Crossbow: a heavy crossbow with a magazine with bolts. The weapon was fired and recharged with a single hand movement, allowing to fire with and incredible rate. It would have 4 attacks, but would be slow (actually, I think it was stationary).
The same, but It wont be stationary unit, it could be mounted to castles for better defense...
* Peasant: they would use a Gun (staff) as weapon. "Gun" is the name of the chinese staff, similar to japanese Bo, I am realizing that it could be confusing in English
Will be second weapon for south peaseants.
* Soldier lvl 1: the unique tree oriented to melee. The won't have ranged attacks. The basic one would be armed with dao (the basic sabre).

* Soldier lvl 2: it would use Dadao, a greater form of dao.

* Soldier lvl 3: it would use the Guandao, a mix beetween a spear and a sabre, similar to japanese Naginata. A great hero of China, Guan Yu, is characterized by this weapon.

* Zhanmadao lvl 3: a HUGE sword. It was said that it could slash horse and rider in a single hit. Due to its limited move capacity, this soldiers had to be escolted. They would be similar two Iron mawlers, but with higher damage and less HP and damage reisinstance, since they wore few or no armour. In real life, this were an anticavaladry weapon, but in wesnoth no, because that would need piercing damage, so it would simply a huge damage sword.
They are already implented except zhanmadao, but nice idea, will try to implent it.
* Leader: a soldier doing leadership. It would have a Jian, a straight sword.
Read description, south faction are anarchistic, so I am trying to leave any kind of officers out.
* Chariot: in early history of China (way before firearms) it was used to carry archers. It was deprecated because it was difficult to use if the terrain was not flat. But I think it would be funny to have a unit quick in plains, but slow in hills or woods.
Brilliant idea, but I dont know if it will fit...
* Fire dragon: I didn't understand very well what bonehead meant, but it rememberd me of some chariot i saw in a game. I attached an screenshot. Anyway, I think it could be cool.
See multiple rocket launcher.
* Civil officer: I liked the idea of reflecting the bureaucratic society in China, but I can not imagine how to do this well.
See leader.
* Wooden ox: a very funny machine of the Three Kingdoms Period. It was a mechanical Ox which could walk when pushed. It could even walk in irregular terrain. It served to carry provisions. In this version, we can put more fantasy, and suppose it is animated without pushing it, maybe with pedals, and can carry a warrior in.
See fire dragon.

For names of the faction:

North- Could be heavenly kingdom, tengoku, but the dragon dynasty sounds cool too

South- Want something like free people, rennaisance of humans or that kind...

Thank you all for your feedback.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Descendants of the Dragon 2.0 Released on the 1.8 add-on server

Mainly balancing was done. I might work on the art a bit, but besides that and maybe a bit more balancing, there will be no more updates. (unless I get really bored and feel like coding 30 more untis)
Creator of Ageless Era
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

mnewton1 wrote:Descendants of the Dragon 2.0 Released on the 1.8 add-on server

Mainly balancing was done. I might work on the art a bit, but besides that and maybe a bit more balancing, there will be no more updates. (unless I get really bored and feel like coding 30 more untis)
assasin doesn't have any art.
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
mnewton1

Re: Descendants of the Dragon - 2.0 Released

Post by mnewton1 »

Descendants of the Dragon 2.1 Released on the 1.8 add-on server

Some balancing done. Ran wmlindent and wmllint on it. New graphics for the Assassin's line. Some magenta fixes. Probably the final release unless I code and do half the art for the other faction. I might rename the two factions as well.
Creator of Ageless Era
louis15

Re: Descendants of the Dragon - 2.1 Released

Post by louis15 »

it appearse the north faction isn't functunal, a 'unit advancement not found' error occurs when lvling up the samurai to mounted samurai.. this error interrupts the game..
ps:
talking about the 1.8.5 version.
mnewton1

Re: Descendants of the Dragon - 2.1 Released

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks and fixed.

Descendants of the Dragon 2.1 Released on the 1.8 add-on server
Bug Fixes
Samurai advancement error fixed.
Blood Brother weapon special error fixed.
Yamabushi weapon special error fixed.
Enlightened healing ability error fixed.
Monk healing ability error fixed.
Creator of Ageless Era