Wescamp translations / reports of errors in campaigns, eras

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

torangan
Retired Developer

Re: Wescamp translations / reports of errors in campaigns, eras

Post by torangan »

Subscribe to the commits ML, filter out the automatic add messages?
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

I'm a little confused as to how campaign authors should deal with translations. Do we download the files from berlios, put them in the campaign, and upload to the server? Or will that interfere with some other system? The first post of this thread leads me to think there was a time when we should put the files in ourselves, but that may no longer be the case. The wiki instructions stop with the setting of the translate=true key, so maybe we shouldn't do anything more?

I ask because I saw the translation statistics for 1.8 Bad Moon Rising were not empty, but the translations folder of campaign on the server is empty. Makes me think I should be doing something that I am currently not.

Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

In theory it should work automatically. The campaign server is supposed to fetch those translations with some delay and provide them on the next download of your campaign. SkeletonCrew is the one who should know what's going wrong here.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks.

I may be doing something wrong, but the statistics and the stuff available at addons.wesnoth.org do not seem to track, so other people are probably doing it wrong as well. Or something really is wrong. I filed a bug report: http://gna.org/bugs/?15962
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

That's how it *should* work. The status quo is that for at least a year, the add-ons hosted at wesnoth-umc-dev have been merging the translations back from wescamp manually.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Wescamp translations / reports of errors in campaigns, e

Post by doofus-01 »

What is the status of Wescamp? I just checked the statistics and they don't match the current translation work done. It could be related to leaving Berlios, or changing BfW versions, or there is something authors/maintainers need to do. Or something else?
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

http://gettext.wesnoth.org should be up-to-date again in half an hour. There were some server-side issues with pulling in updates from github.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Turns out the GitHub API I was using only returns up to 30 results by default. This can be increased to 100, but no more, so I had to build in pagination support. (we have around 300 repositories *right now*)
This should fix all of the mysterious failing-to-update issues. If there are more, please report.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Sorry to Necro an old thread, but can anybody tell me if the process described in this thread is still correct or if this is now done manually some other way?
I have a campaign (Tale of Vaniyera) on the 1.12 and 1.13 add-on servers that I believe is ready to be translated.
I have created the .pot using Wespo and used it successful with Poedit to create an EN-gb translation, so I know that the textdomain is workable.
In the the .pbl, translate=true is set, so I think everything is ready for it to be sent to Wescamp so that it can be available at GetText.

I'm just not sure if the next step is automated and that I've made some kind of error that causes it to fail, or if it's a manual process and I have to either notify someone or just be more patient. Can anyone please shed some light?

PS. Also, gettext seems to update every 30 minutes, which seems insanely often given how much translation is currently happening. Is that regularity necessary?
Last edited by UnwiseOwl on April 29th, 2017, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

WesCamp is not working now. Please check the beginning of this page. AFAIK translate=yes in _server,pbl does not make sense and there are no automatic ways to upload translation. UMC authors have to deal with translations manually and translators have to ask these authors to upload translations (by PM or at forum threads).
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Yes, WesCamp is dead: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41629 . And a note: if you have got Wesnoth 1.13, you do not need any external tool to create .pot file (if you are not friends with command line/console/terminal). Just launch Maintenance tools GUI (data/tools/GUI.pyw) and switch to tab wmlxgettext.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

You also don't need the gettext tools installed, because Wesnoth will load your po files if you set things up right (using a path in your [textdomain] tag).
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.