Bad Moon Rising & Trinity

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AI
Developer

Re: Bad Moon Rising & Trinity

Post by AI »

Actually, we have a rudimentary one. If BMR has its PBL set up properly, it should have warned that you needed the Archaic Era when you downloaded it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ah, oops. Dependencies are not listed in the web or python script interfaces, so I forgot about that tag. Something for next time.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
tillea

Post by tillea »

Hi again,
am I missing another dependency or is it really a bug:

Code: Select all

20091226 10:12:06 error engine: unit of type  not found!
20091226 10:12:06 error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type ''
Just load attached savegame
Andreas
Attachments
BMR3-Ukiah.gz
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'll look at this when I get home, but it looks like it is probably this problem :http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=399676#p399676. I must have missed a spot or two (or three). EDIT: Maybe not, the save loaded with no problems. Hopefully you just need to upgrade to BMR 0.9.1.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Sheva

Post by Sheva »

I cant load the campaign Bad moon rising 0.9.3 under the newest Version of wesnoth. It seems to be the same problem with other campaigns, where units are missing.

The error text is always the same "missing unit" and I land direct back to the start screen of the game.

OS X 10.6
Wesnoth 1.8 beta 4
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Do you have Archaic Era add-on installed? (I think I included a note about that in the description.)
EDIT: I now have some preprocessor stuff that should make it clear that you need to era, it will be in the next release.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

not a bug but maybe not what you planned - in trinity, primeval part, the pirate Ponce with his 2pt movement cost over land and 1 in water..nice to have on those shoreline scenarios, but in land-only he falls behind a lot, hardly being any use and getting into trouble with whatever suddenly appears to chase the group. Was it indended that he moves like a merfolk?
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I wanted to give him better coastal terrain movement, but not make him overpowered. You're right though, he can be rather useless on flat terrain. I'll revise him. Thanks.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

look at the partly recovered nemesis while you're there, her chakram attack icon is the same as the glare (must've missed that when doing copy-paste-change?)
and why does lev 3 ponce suddenly lose defence in shallow water?
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

in "landfall" nemesis wounded unit type is typed incorrectly (valid is -mid instead of _wounded)
in "navy of elensefar" there should be some way to stop (or warn) the player from losing if not all units reached east in the same turn (if any crucial had passed then ending turn causes loss)
TeamAmerica

Post by TeamAmerica »

doofus-01 wrote:I wanted to give him better coastal terrain movement, but not make him overpowered. You're right though, he can be rather useless on flat terrain. I'll revise him. Thanks.
I think just lowering his Movement Points by 1 would be enough (and make flat-land movement the same as water) to equalize him without making him too awesome.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I gave him better flat movement, worse deep_water movement. That should fix it, but lowering his movement might also be good.
FaiKHR

Post by FaiKHR »

I've been playing this campaign through but i ran into a problem so i thought i'd mention it and do a review of where i am up to, Heaven's Gate BMR3.
** slight spolier **
On this scenario if you move twice with your leader the orcs become your enemies. However, i did this and got my leader to the north. After my leader disappeared i got 'Defeat'. When i looked at the files i saw that if the orcs were still your allies that you had to defend for a number of turns. However, with them as your enemies this doesn't seem to work. I also feel that on the easy mode there are way too many enemies to allow the 'stand and fight' way an option.

-----------------------------------Questions-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) What difficulty levels and game (& campaign) versions have you played the scenario/campaign on?
If reviewing a specific scenario, please specify.

0.8.6 version - easy

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario/campaign? (1-10)

7, most of the missions were hard. I felt that on some of the mission that leaders were given way too much gold. I tried doing normal but on the third scenario i found it way too hard to get enough defence both to the bridge and to the north to stop people crossing.
Also, on the encounters in the world map starting gold is too low or there are too many enemies. I had to re do each world map when i got one as i just couldn't do it with 4 possible recalls with 80 gold.

(3) How clear did you find the scenario/campaign objectives?

Very.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline?

Very intresting story, i want to see how it ends XD

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario/campaign?

Mainly overpowered enemies and sometimes the suprise attack events, although the latter is a good thing.

(6) How fun do you think the campaign is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the campaign to make it more fun?

For easy there is way too much gold on some of the leaders and spawns make it too hard. I felt as if the current easy was more like normal when comparing to other campagins.

(8) Any grammatical mistakes in dialogue/story text?

A few minor grammatical or spelling mistakes in dialogues occasionally. On the whole however there are very few. If you want i'll go back through and note the specific ones.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

FaiKHR wrote:However, i did this and got my leader to the north. After my leader disappeared i got 'Defeat'.
I'll look into this, thanks.
FaiKHR wrote:Also, on the encounters in the world map starting gold is too low or there are too many enemies. I had to re do each world map when i got one as i just couldn't do it with 4 possible recalls with 80 gold.
There were some changes to this in the BfW 1.8 version (0.9.x), hopefully it is improved.
FaiKHR wrote:If you want i'll go back through and note the specific ones.
If you know where they are, it would be helpful. But the text is going to be corrected & edited, so if you don't have a list handy don't worry about it.

Thanks.
FaiKHR

Post by FaiKHR »

Ah, i'll have to get the new wesnoth and have a look. However something i noticed on BM4 - The Cave is that all the dwarfs seem to be refrain from attacking Nemesis, meaning i could walk up to the first leader without troops and kill him. As a result of this the message about the mining only triggered when i recuited at the first dwarf's keep and moved a unit - which seemed out of place seeing as Nemesis had already got the information.

Maybe i've missed something but on 'Sign' I now have undead with me, where did they come from?
Also Haldrad starts with half health on this scenario and the units which appeared at the end of the last Haldrad scenario are in the recall list.