1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.8.6 (1.6 ONLY - NOT 1.8)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~30 scenarios) 0.8.6

Post by doofus-01 »

It used to work, hopefully it's not a glitch. There should be an urn at (44,10) and the screen should have scrolled to it during the dialogue. It won't end the scenario, but the objectives will change.

(Yes, the thing with the urn is a bit silly. I hope to replace the urn with something that makes more sense, like a giant knife switch. But I'd need to draw it first.)

EDIT: Actually, I think I see what might have happened. If you went to (44,10) before Nemesis whacks the device, that looks like it could cause this to fail. I'll have to fix that. Thanks.
Tigertown84

Post by Tigertown84 »

Doofus...I really appreciate your quick reply...in addition to putting together some awesome campaigns, you are always great about responding to players having any problems with them. I will either wait for the fix to go down, or just reload to the turn before I discovered the urn with the switch in it at (44,10) and not discover it this time :wink:

Thanks also for hours of sheer Wesnoth bliss....your campaigns are always imaginative, well thought out, and full of killer maps and surprises. Keep up the good work.

(Let me also say that BMR3 really threw me for a loop when I had to switch over from being the Ukians to fighting against the Ukians. I didn't know if I should kill them or help them....lol. That was an awesome twist!)
Wife: "So how late were you up LAST night playing that stupid game you're addicted to?"
Me: "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....."
JJ

Post by JJ »

Just a quick reply to say thanks for the help with "Camp." I did manage to beat it, at long last.

Now I'm stuck on Royal Rumble. ;)

Thanks and take care!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Tigertown84 - Thanks. As for the fix, I won't be patching the campaign for BfW 1.6 anymore (unless it's for something really simple), so don't wait for it. The fix will be in the version for BfW 1.7/1.8.

JJ - Royal Rumble can be difficult, maybe a little too difficult. I think it's the hardest one in Part 2.
Cpt_Ulysses

Post by Cpt_Ulysses »

Hey, Love this Campaign very much! Excellent in all aspects.

However, In Part III when I reach the Temple on Mt Tien, the event does not trigger. I've tried everything from reloading to replaying to trying different tiles, but I cant figure it out.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Did you kill the Primevalist Leader? That should have triggered the event.
Cpt_Ulysses

Post by Cpt_Ulysses »

I dont know which primevalist Leader should require killing: I escape the Legion, rescue the Healer Girl from the Saurians in the underground river, defeat Sohko Banner when exiting the Cave, and then head for Mount Tien. When I reach the Temple on the Meta-Map of Ukiah nothing happens.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Oh, I misunderstood. I'll have to look at it again when I get home. In the meantime, you can type

Code: Select all

:debug
:cl
to get to scenario named "Mount Tien" (or something like that).

You may need to edit the subsequent save-game file to set the variables "beenhere", "beencp1", "beencp2", "beencp3", and "beencp4" to "no" for the world-map/meta-map to work correctly next time. The file will be big and painful to read, but if you open it with a text editor you can do a search for those phrases to find them all next to each other within a [variables] block. Change any "=yes" to "=no".
Cpt_Ulysses

Post by Cpt_Ulysses »

Thanks for the tip, but my skill level with computers and programming equals zero (hardly even understood what you were suggesting). Ill sit it out and see if you find anything. For the record: I tried this on the newest version of the campaign and the one before that, same story.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, I see the problem - I forgot to add the event! I'd tested things with debug mode, but apparently not well enough. This will be fixed & uploaded tomorrow, if possible.

This is a problem with the 1.7/1.8 version. The now mostly unmaintained 1.6 version does not have that world map scenario.
ibliss

Post by ibliss »

well, i'm kinda stuck in the same level as tigertown84... but with a different problem
Spoiler:
playing on BfW 1.6.4

BTW: great campaign, i also found the idea of the constant switching between raenna and belleros in the previous scenario VERY VERY original and well-done :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Odd. Did you attack Carghanna with the special sword? That could cause you to lose, the dialogue stuff would probably still fire. This is a bug which I am going to fix, but it isn't a show-stopper. Just attack her with any other attack aside from the sword.

If that wasn't what happened, then I've no idea what is wrong. Could you post the savegame? Maybe some variable has a wrong value.
ibliss

Post by ibliss »

indeed... i used another unit to do it - just to be safe - and indeed it worked... *nice sword tho* :)
SirTheta

Post by SirTheta »

Just wanted to drop by and say I'm replaying the BMR again (love it, probably my favorite [set] of campaigns.. also noticed you now have BMR4, cool!).

Anyway, BMR 0.8.6, running on BfW 1.6.4... The 1st Ukiah scenario where you get skirmishes if you go into the snow, well, the leader, while having 250 Gold, doesn't recruit any units when doing skirmishes. I can't remember if this is how it was when I play it on 1.4.x, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

If you tell me how to fix it, I can do it myself, also :)

Edit - I also feel that some balancing needs to be done with the skirmishes, as currently, you can build up quite a stockpile of gold. I've gone from 200 to well over 1000 in only 10 Skirmishes :roll:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

SirTheta wrote:The 1st Ukiah scenario where you get skirmishes if you go into the snow, well, the leader, while having 250 Gold, doesn't recruit any units when doing skirmishes.
I should probably remove the keeps and gold. The leader doesn't recruit anything these days. That might change, not sure.
SirTheta wrote:Edit - I also feel that some balancing needs to be done with the skirmishes, as currently, you can build up quite a stockpile of gold. I've gone from 200 to well over 1000 in only 10 Skirmishes
The player is supposed to be able to build up some stash. I wouldn't have thought ~80g per skirmish was too much, but maybe it is.
SirTheta wrote:also noticed you now have BMR4, cool!
Heads up that it is nowhere near as complete as the others. It will be a while before it catches up.

Thanks.