Demon Units

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zajoman

Demon Units

Post by Zajoman »

I've been playing Wesnoth for some time (actually more than a year), and just realized that I'm missing demon units, or better, demon race. What do you think?
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: Demon Units

Post by thespaceinvader »

Try the Extended Era, which has a number of demon type units. They won't be added to mainline in the near future.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

there's many things not included in the mainline, look through user-made eras/factions and you'll find lots of demons

edit: whew TSI beat me with seconds, don't you have a life beyond the wesnoth forum? :P
Last edited by StDrake on September 2nd, 2009, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Yeran

Post by Yeran »

There is quite some user-made stuff about them. Personally I dont miss them at all in mainline. I don't think wesnoth needs another 'we are evil just because we exist' faction. Besides that, if you'd want them to be added to the default era you would have to justify whats new about them (talking of gameplay) and how its worth balancing a new faction, which is a very hard task.
Zajoman

Post by Zajoman »

Thank you, guys. I'll see the other eras. I know it's nothing near trivial to add another faction in the mainline.