On Crimson Wings (0.4.0) for Wesnoth 1.4

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cheradenine

On Crimson Wings (0.4.0) for Wesnoth 1.4

Post by Cheradenine »

Part I of my drake campaign "On Crimson Wings" (presently at 5 scenarios out of approximately 13 planned) is now available on the 1.4 campaign server. Here's the brief description:

Regar, king of the Crimsonwing Drakes, is dead. Feralon, his son and heir, seeks to secure his throne and exact vengeance on those who have wronged his people.

I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think.

Some notes:
  • I enjoy trying to write a good story, with interesting characters and character interactions, so the campaign has a lot of dialogue. In particular, there are "banter" interactions between the various characters that trigger with certain probability under certain circumstances. I've made an effort to (try) not to make the dialogue overwhelming or obtrusive, but if you tend to click impatiently through all dialogue in a campaign to get back to the action, this campaign might tend to raise your blood pressure.

Similarly, there are a number of in-mission events that change the situation. I've done my best to avoid surprises of the red and juicy variety, but if you think any events are over that line, please let me know.

I am graphics, sound, and music-impaired. Graphics for new units and story text are largely placeholders whose quality is higher the less I had to do with creating them. Likewise, I usually play BfW with the music off, so I've set up one music track per scenario and that's it for now.

Every scenario is complete and playtested, but this is still a WIP, so may have bugs. (Shocking!)

Most playtesting and balancing has been done on Normal difficulty. I've played through on Easy and it seemed fairly... easy. Hard has barely been tested at all and may be horribly unbalanced and frustrating. Play on Hard at your own risk. Again, I will be very grateful for any feedback you have on the balancing if you decide to take Hard on.

I code pretty slowly and my life will be busier starting next week, so while I plan to write Parts II and III, they probably won't be done very soon.
The Silent One

Re: On Crimson Wings (0.4.0) for Wesnoth 1.4

Post by The Silent One »

I enjoyed playing this campaign. There's an interesting story twist in the beginning, the scenarios are challenging, believable characters... looking forward to the next two parts!
Deodand

Post by Deodand »

I'm preparing to try this one out on Wesnoth 1.6, is there anything I should look out for?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Deodand wrote:I'm preparing to try this one out on Wesnoth 1.6, is there anything I should look out for?
Cheradenine said this is for 1.4.x, so you have to wait until he uploads it to 1.6.x, or you need to get 1.4.x to play this campaign.

To: Cheradenine; this is changes from 1.4.x to 1.6.x just in case: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21518
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Deodand

Post by Deodand »

SkyOne wrote:
Deodand wrote:I'm preparing to try this one out on Wesnoth 1.6, is there anything I should look out for?
Cheradenine said this is for 1.4.x, so you have to wait until he uploads it to 1.6.x, or you need to get 1.4.x to play this campaign.

To: Cheradenine; this is changes from 1.4.x to 1.6.x just in case: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21518
Thanks for the information on wmlint, I might give that a try for testing purposes once I've figured the syntax out.

Otherwise I'll see about getting a copy of 1.4.X
Deodand

Post by Deodand »

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Wesnoth 1.4, I still can't figure Wmlint out.