1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.8.6 (1.6 ONLY - NOT 1.8)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lostnumber

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.8.1

Post by lostnumber »

Doofus, how long do you think before this thing is relatively final version? I've played partway through Act II and I'm really enjoying it so far, but I hate playing campaigns that are unfinished/polished.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It is finished in the sense that it is possible to play it through to the end. Some bugs, imbalances, and rough edges still exist and probably will for quite some time, but it will get smoothed out more quickly with the help of play-testers and reviewers. (And the help of someone who knows LUA or how to write an AI, but that's unlikely.)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.8.2 just went to the server. There are some changes to Parts I & III, and the Khthon faction had some work done on it. I haven't touched Part II yet.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.8.2

Post by doofus-01 »

0.8.3 just went to the server. There were some graphics updates, but the major change is that the three custom factions were weakened to make them more balanced with the mainline units. This will probably make the scenarios more difficult, so there will need to be adjustments.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~20 scenarios) 0.8.3

Post by doofus-01 »

0.8.4 has been uploaded. Very little has changed, but I've added a part IV. It is not as much a continuation of the others, so the organization will change in the BfW 1.7/1.8 version. You should be ably to play it without having played the other three parts. Right now it is very rough and incomplete (and probably has plot holes and some cheap scenarios). But it's a start.

The basic plan is this:
- There are three sides (Loyalists & Undead, Khthon & Elves, and Primeval). You can play as one of them, or cycle through all of them.
- The sides fight each other in the final scenario. If you played all three, you get to pick one side.

This is probably the next-to-last release for BfW 1.6, assuming there are not too many mistakes.
tvd

Re: 1.6 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (~30 scenarios) 0.8.4

Post by tvd »

Has the 'sighting' bug been fixed on the "The Pit"? I can't find Scarrion. I'm pretty sure a wolf hasn't beaten me to Vazzan. Does the sighting event occur earlier on the map?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ah, no. I should have done that. Do you have a savegame? You can PM it to me if you don't want it public.
tvd

Post by tvd »

[quote="doofus-01"]Ah, no. I should have done that. Do you have a savegame? You can PM it to me if you don't want it public.[/quote]

Here's the last save. Let me know if you'd like an earlier save from the scenario.
Attachments
The_Pit-Auto-Save49.gz
(96.87 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
tvd

Post by tvd »

FYI, I restarted the scenario at a point before I encountered the orcs. I have now reached Vazzan, and this time Scarrion triggered.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, I think I know what is happening now. It will be fixed soon (probably this weekend). Thanks.
koveras

Post by koveras »

I love this campaign. Very unique units and built very well. I dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but I am getting an error when the Chimera levels. I can submit the pic to you if you want, but upon reaching 250 exp it throws an error and kicks me out of the game.
Byuval

Post by Byuval »

I am playing part IV, on the Khthon branch, and on the High Lord scenario, the first elvish shaman I attack with echidna becomes a khthon mage and gets the green glow (the one she has on the previous scenario before she attacks keldan). Also, if it attacks another unit, the mage disappears and the attacked unit becomes mine and green (like in screenshot)

Is this supposed to happen?
If it isn't, how can I stop it and if it is, does it have any rules?
Attachments
Screenshot_001 edited.JPG
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Bumped, to say that I tested the leveling of the Chimera and had no problems. So koveras (or anyone with this problem), if you could specify the BfW & campaign versions, the error message, and possibly post a savegame, that would be helpful.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
koveras wrote:I dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but I am getting an error when the Chimera levels. I can submit the pic to you if you want, but upon reaching 250 exp it throws an error and kicks me out of the game.
It had not occurred to me to try leveling the Chimera, so there may be a loose end there. I will address that in the next release.
Byuval wrote:If it isn't, how can I stop it and if it is, does it have any rules?
It is supposed to happen, though the implementation may be a bit graceless right now. It is supposed to be similar to plague ability. If the khthon mage is near death, it gets a glow. Next unit it attacks gets taken over, turns green*, and the mage dies. Maybe a dialogue the first time it happens would help.

*just to differentiate it from a regular elf. If simply changing the race and alignment are enough then I will drop that.
koveras

Post by koveras »

Correction on my part. It's anytime a Khton levels in the All Dreams Die - II. I've attached a screenshot. I'm using version 1.6 with Ubuntu 9.04.
Attachments
Screenshot-The Battle for Wesnoth - 1.6.png
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Huh, that does not happen to me. I use 1.6.2, maybe one of the bug-fixes after 1.6 is related and upgrading to a more recent BfW version would fix it. There were once some conflicts with Ageless Era, though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I cannot re-create the error, so I have no idea what could be wrong. I might be able to figure it out if you post the savegame, or send it to me via PM.