After age

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

soodo

After age

Post by soodo »

I have an idea for an era called the after age, but I'm not good at art an don't know how to code. So I was hoping someone jump onto this and take over. I just kinda have the basic idea. Here's the story........

After the second sun rose and ruined the world, 5 men decided to devote their lives to magic so they could destroy the first sun. They decided the first sun because it was older. When they were ready they all stood in a circle and shot the strongest, most powerful, frozen mass towards the son. The son was destroyed, but something teriable happened. 4 of the men died. The other gained all the others power and knowledge. He turned evil, for the power went to his head. He knew too many things.

These are some ideas for the factions.

Desert elves: some of the desert elves moved from (I don't remember his name) and started there own empire after the first sun was destroyed. They like the desert and would like some of it to still be.

________(don't have a name): the evil mage's empire full of dark magic and undead, but others too.

Centaurs: Half-man and half-horse. No one knows were they came from, but they're fast and are deadly with the sword.

Wesnothians: desendents of wesnothians, they want to renew the land to have lush forests, rivers, and grasslands. They also want to make wesnoth the empire it ounce was.

Feel free to make changes, add, and don't put merman in. Oh ya, and keep the desert elves in.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: After age

Post by Turuk »

Just so you know, posting ideas that you do not intend on actually doing serves little purpose as few people are going to want to draw, code and develop someone else's idea. While you may be able to sell someone that it is cool enough to justify them doing the work, you have shown that you are not even willing to make the effort to learn how to do it yourself, and are essentially just hoping that someone else will do it for you so you can have the joy of playing with it without doing any of the work.

WML is not hard to learn if you sit down and work on it, particularly for creating an era if you do not do anything special. You can also attempt to create your own placeholder sprites until you can find a better artist. For tips about art for your era, read this.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
soodo

Post by soodo »

I'm sorry I posted this thread.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

soodo wrote:I'm sorry I posted this thread.
There's no need to be sorry, you would not have known unless you posted. I'm merely giving you advice on how to make the idea you want to see a reality. There have been plenty of people who know little about WML or spriting or anything of the sort who post their meagre efforts and ask the community for help. Give your era a shot, try to learn what you need to, and post some of the progress you make here. People will help you along if you make the effort to take the first steps.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
soodo

Post by soodo »

Ok, thanks. But this is gonna be a long project.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

soodo wrote:Ok, thanks. But this is gonna be a long project.
Most eras are, it takes most users easily a month to get it off the ground (longer based on their availability), and even more time if they are interested in creating a good balance. Some eras are still being continuously refined, like EoM. You just have to not get overwhelmed by all you might have to do, and just start at the beginning and keep chugging along.