Count Kromire

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Angrenpaur

Re: Count Kromire

Post by Angrenpaur »

rogo wrote:There is a typo in version 1.1.2 in the file scenarios/9Prophecy.cfg line 56:
"type=EOM_Divine Champion"
should read
"type=EOM_Divine_Champion"

Best regards
Playing, thanks
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

All right, as it is known, "Count Kromire" is in the Wesnoth-UMC-Dev's SVN repository (just emphasizing the fact).

I have —hopefully— eliminated all of the show-stopper bugs and all of the outdated id references, etc. that made this campaign incompatible with the latest releases of the "Era of Myths." Version 1.2.0 of "Count Kromire" is now available on the addons server. Also, packages from SourceForge are available, in case you cannot download "Count Kromire" from the addons server.

Please report any bugs that you may encounter.
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

Nice, I was waiting a bit more updates to give it one more trial.
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

My thanks, I'm going to now go and see if downloading it works to fix my copy.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Sorry for double post

Espreon, you have put many _ in unit ids that don't have them. The format is EOM_(first word) (second word) with no underscore in between the first word and the second word.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Velensk wrote:Sorry for double post

Espreon, you have put many _ in unit ids that don't have them. The format is EOM_(first word) (second word) with no underscore in between the first word and the second word.
Actually, JW changed the format for the unit ids a while ago. The id calls in "Count Kromire" version 1.2.0 are correct. Maybe you are using an outdated version of the EoM. "Count Kromire" version 1.2.0 starts successfully for me; I am using the latest version of the EoM.
JW

Post by JW »

Espreon wrote:
Velensk wrote:Sorry for double post

Actually, JW changed the format for the unit ids a while ago. The id calls in "Count Kromire" version 1.2.0 are correct. Maybe you are using an outdated version of the EoM. "Count Kromire" version 1.2.0 starts successfully for me; I am using the latest version of the EoM.
I don't believe that version of the EOM has been released yet - it is only in svn. I could be wrong. Either way, the EOM probably should have another release about now.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

:| Why did you make that change? It doesn't make anything better, and causes problems. Now I'm going to have to go through my other campaign I'm working on and fix it. It's not that it's especially hard, but I don't see why you would change it when it wasn't a problem.
JW

Post by JW »

Velensk wrote::| Why did you make that change? It doesn't make anything better, and causes problems. Now I'm going to have to go through my other campaign I'm working on and fix it. It's not that it's especially hard, but I don't see why you would change it when it wasn't a problem.
It was part of an id standardization project. All units now are in the format of "EOM_XXX_YYY" instead of, for example, "Windsong Prophetess".

Don't worry, the ids will not change again. That was the whole point of this undertaking. Any era using EOM units has no excuse for conflict issues now (change EOM_ to ZZZ_)
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

With the release of EoM Epsilon 6/5.6, "Count Kromire" should work (once you update your copy of the EoM).
Joe1

Post by Joe1 »

Yea I'm not sure but scenario three is excruciatingly difficult. I just can't seem to get past it. I even tried on easiest level and I couldn't do it. Is there supposed to be a keep in the middle of that small town? That would make sense... I mean aren't you supposed to be able to FEASIBLY beat the scenario with the starting gold? :( The enemy just had way too many units, and by the time I was able to take some villages I had negative gold... If some villages were made closer to the starting keep and the enemy started out with LESS villages and under 200 gold it might just be beatable. But it would make sense that one of those three conjoined castles in the village was supposed to be a keep... Or is there something I am TOTALLY missing? Like a way to make the villagers join you as minions besides biting them? I report this mainly for the reason that I was puzzled about the three castles in the village. I figured that you might have meant to make one a keep and forgot. This would make a lot of sense not only due to difficulty but also due to what Kromire says (Save some of them to be turned into vampires, or something like that?) So yes, this DOES qualify as a development post :)
"The greatest enemy of freedom and liberty is the government" -Delfador's Memoirs

"Government is the definition of everlasting life" Ronald "The King" Reagan
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I've already put this replay up in the Strategy/Tips forum, but incase anyone missed that and is having trouble with this level.
Attachments
Michbie_replay.gz
(25.31 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
Raliven

Post by Raliven »

Joe1 wrote:Yea I'm not sure but scenario three is excruciatingly difficult. I just can't seem to get past it. I even tried on easiest level and I couldn't do it. Is there supposed to be a keep in the middle of that small town? That would make sense... I mean aren't you supposed to be able to FEASIBLY beat the scenario with the starting gold? :( The enemy just had way too many units, and by the time I was able to take some villages I had negative gold... If some villages were made closer to the starting keep and the enemy started out with LESS villages and under 200 gold it might just be beatable. But it would make sense that one of those three conjoined castles in the village was supposed to be a keep... Or is there something I am TOTALLY missing? Like a way to make the villagers join you as minions besides biting them? I report this mainly for the reason that I was puzzled about the three castles in the village. I figured that you might have meant to make one a keep and forgot. This would make a lot of sense not only due to difficulty but also due to what Kromire says (Save some of them to be turned into vampires, or something like that?) So yes, this DOES qualify as a development post :)
I think the difficulty of the scenario depends on how well you did on the previous two. I've just played through the first three scenarios so far and have found this to be the easiest of the three.

Anyway, kudos to Velensk for making this campaign. It's been quite enjoyable so far. I wasn't familiar with the Era of Myths before this campaign, and it and War of the Dragon both seem to do a great job of putting factions from this era on display. Great job!
Wendek

Post by Wendek »

Hi!
I liked your campaign a lot but something is bothering me...how the HELL is it possible to finish the last scenario?
Spoiler:
"You see, it's not about what you take with you, it's about what you leave behind." (Turisas, The Bosphorus Freezes Over)
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." (Andrew Ryan, BioShock)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The most important thing about the last scenario is to grab as many villages as you can as fast as possible and having enough leveled up troops to hold of the enemy for a short while. It also helps to have kromire at high level. It is quite possible to beat this level if you kill Valemoi earlier. What generaly happens is that you will lose pretty much every leveled up unit however if you hold on for a sufficent amount of time you should be able to recruit enough cannon fodder to rebound. A large number of fledglings with support of a high level leader (and hopefully some high level mages) will be enough to counter attack if you could hold off the Celestials long enough to do so. I do suggest keeping some thinbloods in the mountains near your castle to help you fight off the lantern archons.

Btw, no. Normal difficulty is not ment for normal players. I built this campaign with my play as the standard though I didn't intend for it to be too hard for myself. Normal difficutly is basicaly supposed to be difficult enough that I can't walk through it, but not hard enough to realy challange me. Hard is for if that is too easy for you, easy if for if that is too hard for you. The sequel campaign (War of the Dragon, which is on the server, but still in the making) is supposed to be a campaign that gives me a realy hard time on normal difficulty.