The User Art Topic

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Re: The User Art Topic

Post by Kestenvarn »

Jetryl wrote::x Largely unproductive past two hours, filled with fits and false starts. Trying to block out a basic shaman animation, but not overcoming "the suck" that seems to pervade our current sorceress animation (which I need to replace). The "jump + strike-as-you-fall" is something I've always wanted to animate, but have seemed to have lot of trouble getting right. I just seem to fail to capture the "bounce".

dunno. have you tried shifting the feet down 1 px during part of the jump, like the ground is giving a bit. maybe it lacks 'follow-through', the sprite comes to a sudden halt

Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Kestenvarn wrote:
Jetryl wrote::x Largely unproductive past two hours, filled with fits and false starts. Trying to block out a basic shaman animation, but not overcoming "the suck" that seems to pervade our current sorceress animation (which I need to replace). The "jump + strike-as-you-fall" is something I've always wanted to animate, but have seemed to have lot of trouble getting right. I just seem to fail to capture the "bounce".

dunno. have you tried shifting the feet down 1 px during part of the jump, like the ground is giving a bit. maybe it lacks 'follow-through', the sprite comes to a sudden halt

Oh. heh. Yeah, I'm actually happy with the that sketch image I posted, although it certainly wasn't clear from what I wrote. It was the few, unposted sketches before it that were frustrating me.

But thanks, I'll definitely look at those options for further enhancing it, since I haven't done the real thing yet.

What is that page from? I've actually snagged one animation manual (Richard Williams "Animator's Survival Guide"), but I'm very interested in more.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

I don't actually remember the source, it was posted somewhere a while back. :(
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

Quietus wrote:BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
Sanity... is for the weak!!!

Had some fun with my spare time. Tonight's results:
For the dark gods!
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Girgistian wrote:Sanity... is for the weak!!!

I see that Dick Dastardly will be facing some competition for the title of Greatest Living English Gentleman. :geek:
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Girgistian wrote:
Quietus wrote:BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
Sanity... is for the weak!!!

<quoted image removed by mod>
Elementary, my dear Grokson.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Something I've been working on. I've got to fix a plenty of things before this starts looking right.

I wish I had more time in my hands.
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

Had to redo the whole thing.
This actually makes me feel a bit awkward since I could be doing something far more useful to Wesnoth. :?
I wish I had more time in my hands.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

A whole bunch of new art is now up on my website, the products of a high school AP Studio Art class: http://eli.cedarswampstudios.org/drawings

For most of these drawings, I focused more on figuring out how to make the overall composition work the way I wanted it to than on rendering the details. Each one took me somewhere in the 30min - 2hr range to actually draw.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Hope this thread ain't dead. Here's my latest piece of work:
A fighter jet, it took me about 5 hours in MSPaint. I pixeled this for a game called CortexCommand.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Looks very nice.

We could use skilled pixellers for Wesnoth, you know ;)
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
TheHelmet

Post by TheHelmet »

Thanks, I'll take a peek at the contributions forum tomorrow.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

This is what happens when you're bored, playing with gimp, browsing the wesnoth forums, and listening to SVU in the background all at the same time...

In the criminal justice system, spam based offenses are considered especially heinous. On the wesnoth forums the dedicated profesionals who investigate these felonies are part of an elite unit known as the Forum Sith. These are their stories.

I know it's lame. But maybe useful someday as a joke. It made me laugh while making it at least.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Gambit wrote:This is what happens when you're bored, playing with gimp, browsing the wesnoth forums, and listening to SVU in the background all at the same time...

In the criminal justice system, spam based offenses are considered especially heinous. On the wesnoth forums the dedicated profesionals who investigate these felonies are part of an elite unit known as the Forum Sith. These are their stories.
Priceless :-P
Last edited by DEATH_is_undead on June 10th, 2009, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

<quoted image removed by mod> :eng: